What you all think?

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
What you all think of the new lightning rounds now they are nearly over? Honestly i think a shake up was needed and was refreshing to be able to use a few different characters. And more importantly i seem to have done the best i ever had in the rounds despite my highest character BEEN a 70 Wolvie. So far i have finished 1st twice and been in the top 5 twice and the top 25 the rest of the times. So far my upgrades have been

Wolvie 70 to 76

Got a hulk cover and he went from 25 to 38

OBW cover went from 24 to 48

Spidey cover went from 15 to 18....ummm yay???

Been able to farm nearly 3000 iso each round i enter so this has been the best day ever lol

what do you all think and whats your best reward???

Comments

• You must have a ridiculously low MMR.
  • jozier wrote:
    You must have a ridiculously low MMR.

Didnt face anyone more than level 50.....cant quite believe it..... and was only attacked 3 times ALL DAY....... just one of those days i think icon_e_smile.gif
  • I played the first one and lost 300+ points. So, I decided to tank the rest. Too many buffed characters and really annoying. I can only speak for myself, but I find it lame. On a side note, Can't get a Red Hulk for anything.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sounds like you've had a dream run.

I haven't finished higher than top 250 - but I haven't been making big pushes. Just been farming dat easy start of round ISO and throwing in a defense team. Managed to take Patch from 95 to 100 and I've got about 8000 ISO left over at the moment - just going to wait and see what the weekend event is before I spend it on anyone, but I've got plenty of options.

I quite like the idea of different types of Lightning Rounds. Hoping that we'll get to see a "Mutants Only" LR soon.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I can do the seed teams a little faster in these LRs, so it's been a little better for me. The change of scenery is reason enough, though.
  • Nemek wrote:
    I can do the seed teams a little faster in these LRs, so it's been a little better for me. The change of scenery is reason enough, though.

What happened to you this LR Nemek? One minute you were in the top 10 with 300ish points. The next you show up as my target and you only have 25 points but you are still rocking your level 100+ team.
  • Not a fan of playing all level 141 boosted teams, so I didn't play squat icon_e_sad.gif
  • I had a hard time this set of LR. Didn't place well in any of them. Oh well. I just need ISO for my 3*

Only have:

IM40 121
    Spidey 100
    Punisher 90
    BWGS 96
    Patch 81
    Hulk 75

so far.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think they're a nice change of pace for the general populace, although I didn't really care for them. Since I only need 3 covers (purple spidey, purple/green gsbw), there wasn't any incentive for me to place outside of grinding iso. I basically grinded up to 100 off of seeder teams and then tanked the rest. As a result, I'm now in super low ELO land with level 15 M. Storms and such, so I guess I've got that going for me entering into the Wolvie tourney. Now if only I needed that yellow IW cover...
  • I think they're a nice change of pace for the general populace, although I didn't really care for them. Since I only need 3 covers (purple spidey, purple/green gsbw), there wasn't any incentive for me to place outside of grinding iso. I basically grinded up to 100 off of seeder teams and then tanked the rest. As a result, I'm now in super low ELO land with level 15 M. Storms and such, so I guess I've got that going for me entering into the Wolvie tourney. Now if only I needed that yellow IW cover...

Yeah I'm similar. I needed black Hulk. But for whatever reason I wasn't able to tank well. To be fair I never bothered to put in a formal tank team. But my MMR is supercharged lately.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    I think they're a nice change of pace for the general populace, although I didn't really care for them. Since I only need 3 covers (purple spidey, purple/green gsbw), there wasn't any incentive for me to place outside of grinding iso. I basically grinded up to 100 off of seeder teams and then tanked the rest. As a result, I'm now in super low ELO land with level 15 M. Storms and such, so I guess I've got that going for me entering into the Wolvie tourney. Now if only I needed that yellow IW cover...

Yeah I'm similar. I needed black Hulk. But for whatever reason I wasn't able to tank well. To be fair I never bothered to put in a formal tank team. But my MMR is supercharged lately.

Yeah, I just ended up saving freerangecage for after i grinded 100, and then fought him with a 15 hero / 6 c. storm (to actually close out the match) / 1 yelena. Worked wonders for tanking.
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I enjoyed the new faces in Lightning Rounds (Heroes)

While the new Lightning Rounds are/were refreshing... I didn't get to enjoy them as much, I used to love grinding lightning rounds for ISO-8 but now that all my opponents are levels 100+ its not so much fun, the time it takes to down three level 100s even when boosted is not worth the 70-140 ISO-8

The time invested vs the reward given is very much out of whack when you're in MMR hell, the risk vs reward is also out of whack

I've been playing less and less lately, I guess that's a good thing for me, not so good for the Publisher/Developer, the less I play the less chance of me spending money on the game
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Nemek wrote:

What happened to you this LR Nemek? One minute you were in the top 10 with 300ish points. The next you show up as my target and you only have 25 points but you are still rocking your level 100+ team.

I stop when the seed teams dry up. Funnily enough, that still gets me top 100 or top 50 a lot of the rounds. I have all of the hero covers, so I don't bother playing for the end. I'm usually in 1st after 20 minutes, which is always nice to see.

If you really see me with 25 points, it's likely a lag in the scores updating.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How do you place a tank team? I don't quite understand the mechanics of this. icon_e_sad.gif
  • kensterr wrote:
    How do you place a tank team? I don't quite understand the mechanics of this. icon_e_sad.gif

Ideally, go up against the worst seed team available, then beat it with the default Hero, and your chosen two tank characters. Once you've won that matchup, you start to get hit from all sides lol

As for these events, I had a go in one of the first ones and managed top 50. Competition is super intense, in the upper echelons most people seem to have well rounded hero rosters. Ideally I would like to run Spidey/Hulk/Patch, but my Hulk is under covered and my Patch is under levelled (relatively speaking). Seemed much easier to rank in the Speed Evil rounds.
  • I've only managed one top 25 finish (didn't need the 3* cover I got) and 2 or 3 times top 50/100, but had fun anyway as teams matched against seemed fairly balanced + I had reasonable buffed characters. If it had been a villains LR I'd have been going for heroic tokens all the time anyway, since I only need 1 yellow Hood to max out all villain skills (but not levels).

I made lots of iso which is my bottleneck at the moment rather than covers, so managed to add a few levels to my main heroes.
  • I like them a lot. Thought the buffed HP would be unpleasant until I tried, but the equally buffed offense and Retribution make it immaterial. My roster's much closer to actually competitive for them than Speed Evil. Still 2-300,000 ISO short, but at least here I can realistically slap around serious teams (slowly) and guarantee high ISO placement, not just bow out if I get high enough to run into anyone playing for covers. I hope the random awards are good for participation, though the reduction of "special" placement to top 25 only is a quibble. Also, of course, there should be MORE of them. I never get on for as many as I tell myself I will with them being mid-week. This lack of continuous free stuff is appalling, and I shall most assuredly quit in a flounce if it continues and take my barely-paying tightwad custom elsewhere.
  • It's good, but I've got all the featured heroes' covers except Patch Wolvie, whom I hardly use. So I won't compete in this tourny.
  • jozier wrote:
    I had a hard time this set of LR. Didn't place well in any of them. Oh well. I just need ISO for my 3*

Only have:

IM40 121
    Spidey 100
    Punisher 90
    BWGS 96
    Patch 81
    Hulk 75

so far.

You ONLY have them? Stop complaining, your lowest character will be higher than the majority of everyone else's team, including my own. My most leveled character is a 70 Patch.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gonna ask a stupid question here - do you guys use health packs only when you lose, or when your hitpoints are low after a win?