So Jean purple got changed?!?

2»

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rogan Josh wrote:
    The only bit of info i can add is that she never removed enemy trap tiles.

Which sucks btw.

Yeah, that does suck.

Prof. X and Jean Grey should very much be able to detect traps.

Or at least Wolverine! Expect 5* Wolverine to include the power:
    icon_wolverine.pngredflag.png Stop! I Smell Something: Wolverine smells something is not right. Wolverine finds and throws his enemies into the trap(s) causing _____ damage to the opposing team. If there are no traps on the board, Wolverine places a "Smell" tile. Any enemy special tiles within 4 tiles of the Smell tile are removed and Wolverine deals ____ damage to opponent.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    If Dr. Strange ever gets released, I think an Eye of Agamotto power would be a prime candidate to detect/remove trap tiles (and invisibility tiles). The Eye reveals all.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not saying she would replace Steve but she would be great to pair with if they kept her purple.
    Sounds pretty much like what I said. Even if she still had this ability, LCap is way more reliable. And I pair him with MnMag and Cyc. Unless I get a board full of green (which happens surprisingly often), things usually get going pretty quickly.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buret0 wrote:
    You just need to be careful about making cascades that drop bombs.
    Yeah, that's the reason why I don't use a PX team. Hate rooting against my own cascades.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    simonsez wrote:
    Not saying she would replace Steve but she would be great to pair with if they kept her purple.
    Sounds pretty much like what I said. Even if she still had this ability, LCap is way more reliable. And I pair him with MnMag and Cyc. Unless I get a board full of green (which happens surprisingly often), things usually get going pretty quickly.

I don't know... I think that JG with SW and Captain Falcon would be an automatic KO on Ultron. His bombs wouldn't get below half, even with purple blobs firing every couple turns.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Buret0 wrote:
    I don't know... I think that JG with SW and Captain Falcon would be an automatic KO on Ultron. His bombs wouldn't get below half, even with purple blobs firing every couple turns.

JG and SW would come with its own risk, though. SW generates purple for JG, but will also generate cascades that you don't have a lot of control over. It'd be easy to eat a bomb or two when her tile pops. That's not too bad in a gauntlet situation, but not what you want to have happen in the Ultron event.

I'd probably still use GSBW/LCap/Other over a bomb-killing JG and SW, at least in the Ultron event itself, since enough wipes can push an alliance Ultron kill into the next reset.
  • Also looks like 4Thor's rank 5 yellow got changed too, it used to change any enemy special tile, now it's only strike, attack, protect or countdown tile. Heck it doesn't even remove the invisible tile like Jean now.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buret0 wrote:
    And you mean affects.
    I don't see any spelling error, what are you referring to?

;)
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    For ultron I'm giving some love to LCap, Punisher and MNMags - use cal blue and red for bomb disposal, mags as a feeder than punisher is the end early via red so even on a bad board you aren't fighting ultron all the way down - merely 60% and one shot.

Cyc works well as a switch out for punisher - tend to start with him and go to punisher in later rounds so I limit how much damage I have to do and his red get more valuable the higher the starting health of ultron.

GSBW can spot in usually for MNMags and normally when fielding cyc not punisher
  • Demiurge_Will
    Demiurge_Will Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
    Still not sure if it's an outright change or a clarification. She may have never been able to clear away Ultron bombs.

It was a text fix, yep. No change to the functionality.