I'm going to start hoarding taco tokens

2»

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    2 weeks in a row, **** 4*s i don't need.. it is like they know exactly which 3 4* covers i have maxed, and only offer those..

Side note, every couple of days, screenshot your token hoard.. especially with up update looming.

If they poof.. you need proof!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    When they created the vault they invited more hoarding. He more you hoard the more likely you are to get the prizes you want becuase after you pull something it is completely removed from the vault. After every pull your odds go up that you will get the desired cover you want.
    The real question is why would someone not hoard tokens. The only acceptable reason is it is TACO TUESDAY and Deadpool made you do it icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • trat73
    trat73 Posts: 79 Match Maker
    I don't know if this was mentioned but if you open the off week token it doesn't lock that vaults prizes..so everytime you go to pull another one there's still 300 items in that vault

I thought this too. If you hoard, how do you keep the vault from changing between each pull?
  • action711
    action711 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    The active vault is locked, the other changes every time you visit it.

I tried popping a couple tacos on the non-active vault and I swear it didn't change - so I think refresh until you see the 4*s you want, and then start poppin.

That's my plan anyhoo, on May 16th next year! 82 tacos right now...
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    action711 wrote:

I tried popping a couple tacos on the non-active vault and I swear it didn't change - so I think refresh until you see the 4*s you want, and then start poppin.

Uggh.... You put a date on it. Now I'm going to have to go make a thread about Taco Dates.

Edit: I'll also note that I wish the vault only had 50 items in it so that removing something from it was meaningful.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    62 savory, 70 sweet tacos. That's my current stash, since I've never opened a taco from the vault. So I'll be among the first players to reach 300 tacos in the game. muahaahha icon_twisted.gificon_cool.gificon_lol.gif
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    action711 wrote:

I'm fairly sure a bunch of people have said that the post-event vault isn't locked when you pull tacos, so the odds won't improve even if you save and use 400 tacos in one go.

So I went to test it out. Flipped back and forth until I got a vault with 2 things and a dpx and opened a taco.

Got 1000hp. And a new vault with 2 HBs and someone else in it.

Don't open any tacos on an inactive vault. But thanks for making me test it out! icon_e_wink.gif
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    TxMoose wrote:
    question - I know early on you could refresh your vault if you didn't redeem anything in it. tried that this morning and nope - my vault is terrible (starloard/carnage...) and I have 50 saved (well, 52 now) that I'll spend the next time I get a good one. did they fix it or do you need to have no tokens waiting for that to work?

The "off" vault changes every time you re-enter it but I think they nerfed the option to refresh the "on" vault as mine does not refresh...it could be something to do with hoarding tokens though, I have 44 & 40
  • 20three wrote:
    so there's no reason not to collect for the big payoff, I see that now.

That's right, you only benefit from the improved draw rates if you have enough covers (or the money/hp to buy them when you run out) to keep pulling from a better pool after removing the **** rewards. If you pull out 20 star.pngstar.png rewards the better 3/280 chance of getting a 4* doesn't really help you if you have no more tokens.

action711 wrote:

Don't do this. It changes with every pull, I had 20 stockpiled savory tokens and burned through 10 of them before I checked and noticed it was changing with every pull.
    puppychow wrote:
    62 savory, 70 sweet tacos. That's my current stash, since I've never opened a taco from the vault. So I'll be among the first players to reach 300 tacos in the game. muahaahha icon_twisted.gificon_cool.gificon_lol.gif
    I have 0 Savory tokens, and 70 sweet tokens. It's the best of both worlds - I'll have the option to clear an entire vault once I get to 300 sweet tokens, but I still get to open savory tokens as I get them for health packs, and ISO - and the rare 4* that I don't have.