I'm going to start hoarding taco tokens

20three
20three Posts: 371
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Why does this need a thread and who cares? I'm not sure, but anyway, after being frustrated again at getting garbage prizes (2 health packs and 6 2 stars), I've decided it's completely idiotic to get that very brief feeling of excitement of opening a token only to be crushed by disappointment. Actually this was one of the few weeks where I didn't get a 3 star or better, but still, now the week is over over and I've wasted 8 tokens and literally every good prize better than a health pack remains and I'll never get them, so there's no reason not to collect for the big payoff, I see that now.

Comments

• brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Seems like a lot of players are getting to the point where they either don't need any more 3* covers or that they need so few that spending tacos is a waste.

When all you need from the vault is 4* covers your only real option is to save them for months on end.
  • I imagine most people have gone this route. Back when I needed more 3*'s (and possibly 2*s) i was opening them more... but now I just horde! And hopefully at 100 I will get something good (or 99 health packs).
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I have 40 tokens in my Savory vault and I'm giving real consideration to opening them tomorrow. I'm going to log in and out until I either get Kingpin or Jean Grey or both as my 4* prizes. I can't get close to them in an event because they are always fiercely contested and I want at least one of each for PvE essential nodes and of course if they do a 4* DDQ like they alluded they would. If I don't bag one, I will save up until I have more than 150.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    just opened 50 and got 1K hp, 1 ****, and 1 usable *** (spidey) and a couple of the 1500 iso and lots of health packs (yippee). can be worth it, but saving 50 takes a couple months, so lots of nothing, then bam! maybe...
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    20three wrote:
    Why does this need a thread and who cares?..

Darnit! I opened this thread to post that exact same question but you beat me to it. Well played sir!
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    I'm not so sure hoarding is going to be all that effective either, at least if you're already into the 4* transition.

I've refreshed the off week token page 30+ times and never had three 4* covers I need/want pop-up. Best I can get is two, at least one is always redundant. I'm still going to hoard, but I think I'm going to play 300 days to chase 1-2 covers. icon_cry.gif When that day comes, hopefully I hit the one's I need sooner rather than later so the next cycle is shorter.
  • I'm in the boat too. Have about 50 Sweet and 50 Savory saved up. Going to 300+ each because also need to wait for the vault to have all 3 desired 4* covers. It's a long road, but it will probably take that long to get enough ISO to get everyone to 166. At the same time I'll get all those health packs and whatever PvP comes, I'll be able to play 8 hours straight. Maybe get 1000 that way? Just use 50 health packs.
  • Deadpool369
    Deadpool369 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    I don't know if this was mentioned but if you open the off week token it doesn't lock that vaults prizes..so everytime you go to pull another one there's still 300 items in that vault
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    i only ned a few 3* cover right now so I figured I migt as well hoard. In ten month I will need the 4* a lot more and I probably won't have enough to be picky. Hence why I have 60+70 tco tokens hoarded.
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    A year is a long time to collect the 300 tokens to clean out the vault.

Will the vault even exist in its current form that long from now?
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    Chipster22 wrote:
    A year is a long time to collect the 300 tokens to clean out the vault.

Will the vault even exist in its current form that long from now?

That's a good question, I hope we'll get enough of a heds up if they ever want to drastically modify it.
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    20three wrote:
    Why does this need a thread and who cares?..

Darnit! I opened this thread to post that exact same question but you beat me to it. Well played sir!

,':-)

Anyway, I figure I can get 8 a week. So that will take me... 37.5 weeks (9.375 months to get 300). That's about 3 times longer than I've been playing, so that's a bigger number to me. But whatever, I need 4 stars and getting **** with 2's has gotten old. I'll take my chances even if they implement a new system. I don't think that's likely though, especially since the vault has been fairly well received. Regardless, they will have to let us know months in advance and even then I'd rather take my chances with 80 tokens in 1 vault than 8 tokens in 10.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not so sure hoarding is going to be all that effective either, at least if you're already into the 4* transition.

I've refreshed the off week token page 30+ times and never had three 4* covers I need/want pop-up. Best I can get is two, at least one is always redundant. I'm still going to hoard, but I think I'm going to play 300 days to chase 1-2 covers. icon_cry.gif When that day comes, hopefully I hit the one's I need sooner rather than later so the next cycle is shorter.

Yeah, i keep refreshing that off page and being disappointed. I think if there is ever a week that I can use all 3 covers I'm going to open everything immediately or never be able to use tacos for anything but health packs.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've reached this point as well and frankly I'd rather it just be chock full of health packs cause that's the only time I ever open any of these. Half the time my vault doesn't even have a 4* that's usable for me. That said, DDQ is still fantastic and is doing its stated purpose of helping to ease the 2-3* transition. That hasn't been me in forever so I just have to accept it's not geared for me and patiently (with pitchfork in hand) wait for something that is.

Also remember that prior to the vault your chance at a 4* from Tacos was a big fat 0%. Puts the complaints in perspective a little bit right?
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    I'm not.

I cashed in a vault for a cover. Got the first 4* early but not the one I wanted. It can go either way luck is luck. Someone can save all year and get the 3 4* in a vault, or use Health packs for a year and place better in both pvp and pve. Then your potential 4 * is higher.

I find the vault useful for health packs and random 4*, hp, and ISO. In that order.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    I use my taco's for Healthpacks (and HP) exclusively. I actively get bummed if I open a 3star cover, because unless it's Doc Ock, it's just 500 ISO to my roster.

Healthpacks rock and help me in my climb to 1k. So basically they're like opening a 4star cover.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have always opened Tacos as soon as I got them, since I am an impatient bastard. With this last batch though there was only one four-star I wanted (Deadpool), so I decided to hang on to the tokens for once. Then I ran low on health packs in PVP and ripped open the four tokens I had saved, got 5 health packs, and continued my climb.
    So yeah... I think I'll try to hang on to tacos as a health pack reserve for now.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm hoarding - I presently have 38 Savory and 49 Sweet. I will probably open a bunch when any of the following conditions are met:

- 5 health packs will make a real difference in my performance in either PVP or PVE
    - I have a lot (I'm thinking over 100,) and I need at least 2 out of the three 4* covers

That's about it for now. When I start I'll probably keep going, but we'll see. I'll probably stop if I hit a 4* I need - it's good to have a Health Pack reserve.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    question - I know early on you could refresh your vault if you didn't redeem anything in it. tried that this morning and nope - my vault is terrible (starloard/carnage...) and I have 50 saved (well, 52 now) that I'll spend the next time I get a good one. did they fix it or do you need to have no tokens waiting for that to work?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    question - I know early on you could refresh your vault if you didn't redeem anything in it. tried that this morning and nope - my vault is terrible (starloard/carnage...) and I have 50 saved (well, 52 now) that I'll spend the next time I get a good one. did they fix it or do you need to have no tokens waiting for that to work?
    I think I got my vault to change once, but I don't know what happened there. The restart trick doesn't work anymore, not for the taco vaults at least.