What's the plan for 4 Stars?

Afrocigar
Afrocigar Posts: 73 Match Maker
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So, is there a plan to make 4* more useful or is the strategy working as intended? To be honest, sometimes I dread getting a 4* cover because I have to buy another slot and the character sits for months, useless on my roster. I know they have to keep the churn going, which is cool. But it's no fun to have Ant-man, Carnage, etc sitting around with 2 covers doing nothing.

I know they can't "open the flood-gates" for 4*'s, but there has to be some plan.

Comments

• jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    i think at some pt we will be havin 1 4 star event per week,or maybe 1 per season.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I could see 3* PVP's running alongside 4* PVP's. Right now there is time and effort going into naming all the 4* PVP's and they are run once. May as well use the 3* to transition to 4*, and then use the 4* to finish that transition (4* at 800?) and start the 5* transition *sigh*

A weekly DDQ 4* has long been needed, as well.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Afrocigar wrote:
    So, is there a plan to make 4* more useful or is the strategy working as intended? To be honest, sometimes I dread getting a 4* cover because I have to buy another slot and the character sits for months, useless on my roster. I know they have to keep the churn going, which is cool. But it's no fun to have Ant-man, Carnage, etc sitting around with 2 covers doing nothing.

I know they can't "open the flood-gates" for 4*'s, but there has to be some plan.

i know people love new people but why not slow them down. 2 per month is little too much..

how about

first thursday of month new person (4 day event)
    then a monday to thurs 3 star event
    2nd thursday be a 7 day 3 star event
    3rd thursday be a old 4 star 4 day event
    3rd monday be a 3 star
    4th thursday be either a gaunlet or another 3 star event

Would allow people to have
    1 new person
    1 other chance to get a 4 star of an old 4 star
    and rest be 3 star events

or if you have to keep it up
    first week 4 star
    2nd week 3 star week
    3rd week 4 star then 3 star
    4th week 4 star old then 3 star

That would still give you 2 new 4 stars and a chance to get a old 4 star

Sorry but 2 new people per month means 2000 HP into the game each month. Yes you can earn it very easy but how many will keep up the pace

top 50 per day = 1500 hp then at least 400 hp from the events would pay for it

Or
    Top 50 PVP + top 50 PVP team = min 100 = min 1200 + rewards

So just placing top 50 and having a top 50 team can net you around the needed coins but just dont know how many is gonig to keep paying 1000 to add someone
  • I believe what is happening is that they have plans for some kind of 4 star deadpool daily that everyone has asked for. The problem is that they do not have a "critical mass" of four-star characters to prevent very quick saturation of the four-star experience if they released this deadpool event now. So they are probably pushing four stars as fast as they think they can in order to reach the needed "critical mass" for the deadpool four-star cycle.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cool things are on the way to help players obtain and level more 4-Star characters!

viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=32491
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Afrocigar wrote:

What is your suggestion? D3 doesn't know what they are doing so help em out.

BTW, they don't expect you to collect em all but majority of the player base tries to collect em all. There is no end game you just keep playing. There is no instant gratification in this game unless you want to whale. Try to manage your slots as best you can. Believe or not quite a few players want new characters regularly... Gives them something to do.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Afrocigar wrote:

R83 man, R83
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    Venzhe wrote:
    I believe what is happening is that they have plans for some kind of 4 star deadpool daily that everyone has asked for. The problem is that they do not have a "critical mass" of four-star characters to prevent very quick saturation of the four-star experience if they released this deadpool event now. So they are probably pushing four stars as fast as they think they can in order to reach the needed "critical mass" for the deadpool four-star cycle.
    As a daily event, I agree that they do not have enough, as a weekly, or every ddq cycle, I would argue they've had enough once they hit 8 characters.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    fmftint wrote:
    Cool things are on the way to help players obtain and level more 4-Star characters!

viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=32491

Things are on the way, I'll resere mu judgement until I see it. It may be DDQ cool, but it could also be Vault cool.
  • It would be great if DDQ had a reward of an "open token" that you could add to any existing star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png cover. They could control how often they gave out this reward to preserve the rarity of star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png covers but it would give players the option to build a viable star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png character. Players would have to choose which character to develop and which to neglect.
  • slidecage
    love how people are going NEat the Deadpool might issue 4 stars. That is until they find out they have to fight 3 4 stars that are max and then go its not fair LOL
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    love how people are going NEat the Deadpool might issue 4 stars. That is until they find out they have to fight 3 4 stars that are max and then go its not fair LOL
    Dont worry, we're used to fighting maxed 4*s from PVP.

You may want to level your chars beyond 88 one of these days, too.
  • slidecage
    Bowgentle wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    Dont worry, we're used to fighting maxed 4*s from PVP.

You may want to level your chars beyond 88 one of these days, too.

soon you shall see them soon you shall (lol dont ask me why but waiting until i have enough to move at least 12 to 15 and have enough for around 10 (move from 88 to 166)

really though really dont see a point in leveling them..

A really dont care about 4 stars yet
    B getting into nice easy PVP brackets gets me 2 + covers last 90 mins (maybe even first took first in the first two PVP of the season)

c i like seeing that i have almost 1 million in ISO icon_e_smile.gif
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Venzhe wrote:
    I believe what is happening is that they have plans for some kind of 4 star deadpool daily that everyone has asked for. The problem is that they do not have a "critical mass" of four-star characters to prevent very quick saturation of the four-star experience if they released this deadpool event now. So they are probably pushing four stars as fast as they think they can in order to reach the needed "critical mass" for the deadpool four-star cycle.

it'd be very hard to over saturate it if you have to have the 4 star character to begin with.
    Also fyi there are more 4 stars then 2 stars.
    It's critical enough.

Who knows maybe they'll just add a 5th node to DDQ thats 5 rounds and requires you to have the 4 star to participate. and only changes every 5 days.
  • limonade
    limonade Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    I hope they do have a plan.

Right now, I have eleven 4*s. (I'm missing Prof X and Fisk) but most are 1-2 covers. Needless to say, the situation is similar to how 3*s use to be before dp3 implemented DDQ.

I wouldn't mind a weekly (or monthly) 4* only event.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    I think the point is to get you to stop complaining you're overmatched in PvP
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

He doesn't need to bother with PVP when he's taking #1 in PVE and snatching all the 4*'s. He's currently #1 in my slice in Prodigal Sun. It's annoying that I am grinding for days and he's sitting there with a level 80 roster and way more 4*'s than I do. Makes me wish I never leveled my roster lol
  • Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    simonsez wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

He doesn't need to bother with PVP when he's taking #1 in PVE and snatching all the 4*'s. He's currently #1 in my slice in Prodigal Sun. It's annoying that I am grinding for days and he's sitting there with a level 80 roster and way more 4*'s than I do. Makes me wish I never leveled my roster lol

Leveled 3* roster: Gain three 4*s per week in pvp. Average HP spent per pvp should be under 75 if you are just looking for the 4* at 1000. Time spent in each pvp, maybe a couple hours each?

Underleveled roster: Gain one to two 4*s per week in pve. No HP spent. Time spent in PVE = all of your time.

It seems like an easy decision...
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    As somebody who is in the early stages of the 3* transition I feel like I have actually been lucky as far as my 4* pulls have gone...I'm currently sitting on:

Nick Fury
    yellowflag.png
    blueflag.pngblueflag.png
    purpleflag.png

Kingpin
    blackflag.png
    purpleflag.png
    yellowflag.pngyellowflag.png

And one cover for HB, Thoress, and Ant Man respectively

Of course there are some four star covers that I had to pass on due to the lack of roster spots, but for the most part I am satisfied. These covers took me about 4 months to amass and they all came from tokens.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

Slidecage over clears, he'll never T2 a PVE.