Kamala Kahn...you win.

Omega Blacc
Omega Blacc Posts: 69 Match Maker
edited August 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I concede defeat Kamala Kahn.

I had the majority of the buffed characters at 240 to support my team. My own Kamala was only at about 260, but properly carded she was strong.

I threw Punisher at her. I threw Magneto at her. I threw Cage at her. I threw Hood at her. I threw Panther at her.

One by one (actually all at once) she Embiggened Bashed them all into oblivion.

I shielded at 920pts. All I wanted was the Ant Man card, then I was going to give all the points back to the pool.

Kamala said "No! The MPQ community wants them NOW!"

I PERSONALLY wiped 6 times in two hops...not on defense...straight up matches...fully healed and with fully buffed characters.

I don't wipe 6 times in a WEEK.

Kamala Kahn...you win.

Comments

• LOL I don't even think I'm entering that PVP...gives me a headache just thinking about it
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    my event started that way but I finally found hood to be the best help of all. condolences man - hate coming up short. KK is at/near the top of the annoying characters list in my book. I felt lucky to make 1K this morning after the first 2 days of the event.
  • This was my first kk event with mine near optimal. I is impressed

Only one match did I lose kk. Board was loaded bad and it took everything I could do to switch it. Won with my last character at 200 health
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    KK is the only character I can remember that made me lose a match to a team with Beast on it
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah I totally agree. I am still climbing, and I hope I get to 1000 (I usually dont have problems), but a combination of factors is making this PvP more difficult than others, I think in 10 matches I have lost two or three !!!

First KK and her heal, If you fight against a 290 KK with 5 in yellow, you have to kill her fast, because if somebody starts firing powers you are screwed, she heals 1500 every time. Then everybody is playing Magnetos and BP, so all the teams are the same. And these two buffed are quite powerful. If the AI gets a cascade and gets 12 green, 12 black or 10 blue you are firmly screwed. And after a cascade the AI is gonna start firing powers like crazy, and that will heal the other team, two or three times, so it is very difficult to recover from a AI cascade. And two of these attacks are AoE so if the other team fires two, you have lost.

Buff, I dont like to play against these teams. Her and She hulk are the PvPs I hate the most.

PS: And it is not like you can play too many different teams. 4hor is buffed, but 4hor is one of those chars that when buffed dont become a lot better than before, basically she has more hitpoints and thats it. Her damage abilities are almost unaffected (you go from 7000 to 8500, LC for comparison gors from 7000 to 10000 and it is a 3*).
  • RWTDBurn
    RWTDBurn Posts: 291
    evil panda wrote:
    KK is the only character I can remember that made me lose a match to a team with Beast on it

I thought we all agreed to never, EVER mention that in public. You have brought shame to us Evil Panda!!! icon_lol.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    First KK and her heal, If you fight against a 290 KK with 5 in yellow, you have to kill her fast, because if somebody starts firing powers you are screwed, she heals 1500 every time. Then everybody is playing Magnetos and BP, so all the teams are the same. And these two buffed are quite powerful. If the AI gets a cascade and gets 12 green, 12 black or 10 blue you are firmly screwed. And after a cascade the AI is gonna start firing powers like crazy, and that will heal the other team, two or three times, so it is very difficult to recover from a AI cascade. And two of these attacks are AoE so if the other team fires two, you have lost.
    exactly why I reluctantly went with bp/hood. just couldn't figure out how to else to down kk without them getting abilities off.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used bp/iron fist almost exclusively.

I will gladly sacrifce a red and blue offensive power, and a few k health in exchange for a black acceleration and a free attack tile.

This team will occasionally struggle of the board is all blue/red, but it will also roll with barely any damage 40% of the time. 1K without any shields or stress.
  • russreid91
    russreid91 Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    One of my alliance mates proposed SW/cMags with her and I have had a lot of success with that, closing in on 1300. Prioritize purple and green and the cascades should give you enough to fire off cMags red and blue. Don't be afraid to boost as well.

Hopefully you might still have time to get your Antman.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I ran Magneto and Hood and very easily handled any team I faced on offense. Trouble is on defense that team really amounts to 2 on 3 because of Hood's squishyness. I got up to 950 before the bloodletting began and it slipped away. But, when I started the event my Kamala was 4/4/4 and I pulled a purple from a standard token and won the 800 point green cover so I was able to respec her to 3/5/5 and I had enough iso to fully level her so I can't be too disappointed if I don't end up getting the Ant-Man. Trouble is that I'm in such a low scoring bracket. When I had 925 I was in first place and even at 750 I am top 25.
  • For the past few PVP events she's been boosted, I have made a point to never fight a team with her on it. Her passive is too good and can prolong/cause me to lose matches. So, I started my climb in Teenage Riot and couldn't find a team without a boosted KK. I was getting pretty annoyed. I probably skipped a dozen times before I remembered that it was her event and of course she'd be in every team. I then got really depressed.

I'm an idiot.
  • Rob13
    Rob13 Posts: 41
    Bp/hood worked great, jumped from 650-1000 in under 20 minutes. And I'm a notorious slacker. Attack kk first, your bound to get some yellow between hood and sheer luck, than between bp/kk firing off its lights out. Only used 1 health pack during push
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    I'm still building my 3 star.png roster, but I found that in the latest PvP, Punisher was a really great way to a) trigger KK's passive to generate heals for my team and b) get over the last hump needed to down the opposition KK using Retribution.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    JackTenrec wrote:
    I'm still building my 3 star.png roster, but I found that in the latest PvP, Punisher was a really great way to a) trigger KK's passive to generate heals for my team and b) get over the last hump needed to down the opposition KK using Retribution.

Punished is fun when boosted in that none of his abilities are bad and all are cheap. They just underwhelm a bit at 166.

That said, I wouldn't use him in this event. Green is his best power, but not as good as embiggened bash. So unless you a 5/5/3 kk, he is not the best partner.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was fighting a Khan/Mags/Punisher team the other day. They got a big cascade after I'd hit them with an Embiggened Bash (4 covers, sadly).

They used a move every turn for 5 turns in a row, decimating me and healing back up to full.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the end even though 4hor is not the best buffed char I decided to play with her (4hor, KK, BP) and I have to say I made the right choice. I did not loose any more match, the stun was the key to stop KK when the other team was building reserves of AP to fire his powers.

Ps: They need to buff other attributes when they buff chars, it is not very fair like it is now for some of the chars, that have stun abilities or abilities related to AP, etc. Maybe 4hor should create more tiles when buffed or stun for more turns...
  • I've been getting the 1000 prize more or less consistently for a little while now (thanks for the advice, Vhailorx). It's not so hard if you shield at the right time and have a lot of strong 3*s.

Problem is, a PVP or so ago, it stopped being easy. Those 60 point matches didn't appear. I got within few points of that yellow Vision, and then I got trampled. No way was I making 800.

This is a new thing. The game got easier, then it got harder. Those of us making the 4* transition were doing well, and then suddenly, trampled.

Is this how it's going to be, or was this just an anomaly?

I'm going to try for the Ant-Man tonight, and I'm pouring HP into it. If this doesn't work out, I think I might be done with this game.

I mean, what else is there to do, if 4*'s aren't available in PVP? That's my next goal. I want to get these guys covered, but if that's not happening...know what I mean?
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    RWTDBurn wrote:
    evil panda wrote:

I thought we all agreed to never, EVER mention that in public. You have brought shame to us Evil Panda!!! icon_lol.gif
    I thought that sharing it would be cathartic. I was wrong. It didn't work for Cersei Lannister either
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    Once I got Khan's last green cover as a progression reward things got a lot easier.
    5200 team damage with black panther and 5800 team damage as Khan. Lotta fun. Easiest 1000 score yet, though it helped the 10th place guy had over 1500 points. I'm in the same bracket as Jamie Madrox...I need to do that more often.

I'd have pushed on to 1300 if it wasn't yellow X-force, the 4* cover I maxed out first last year.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had a pretty easy climb with Kingpin/cmags. I already found out that KP and KK go quite well together in the Vision pvp, and cmags red and blue gave me some nice rainbow coverage.