Your favourite ability animation/s

2»

Comments

• babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    KP's fingering because I'm a manchild. Bonus points for kk cheering him on afterwards.

Punisher's shot in the face because of how absurd it can be with certain characters from a lore standpoint. The idea of Punisher defeating people like The Hulk or Magneto with a single bullet is hilarious. Likewise it's mordibly hilarious to think of him just flat out murdering otherwise human heroes at point blank with a shot in the face.

Visually speaking I actually really enjoy Vision's Red animation (after having a yellow tile on the board). This seldom seen animation has him phasing through the board in a pretty cool looking effect. I'm not familiar with Vision as a character so I don't know if this is a teleport ability or phasing through something or what. I've only seen it a couple of times and it's admittedly pretty simplistic but visually cool just the same.

Cyclops's Red and Black both looks suitably epic and painful. Great work there.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    The ones I'm firing.

I like a lot of them tbh a lot of the newer ones though. I like the zoom ones like finger poke or the dancing style ones like elektra the most I think.
  • Nothing beats Punisher's red. Followed by Cage's yellow.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Nick Fury's Demolition always makes me laugh due to the sheer incongruity of Fury relaxing on his massive metal throne! Did he ever have something like that in the comics?

Kamala's Bring Out the Best isn't particularly special compared to some I could name, but it gets a mention because it's one of the only artworks from her set that isn't horribly off-model...

Star-Lord's Oldest Trick is always fun to see in action.

Gamora's Skullcracker is a neat one; I like the slow arc of her diving towards the screen. Squirrel Girl's Nuts From Above has a similar appeal.

Finally, Blade's evil smirk in his Keep Your Enemies Closer animation...
  • Deilinvega wrote:
    Ant-Man riding on the fly icon_razz.gif

Dont you mean..ant? Lol
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Off the top of my head

favorite as best:

Cyclops blackflag.png
    Blade greenflag.png
    Cage yellowflag.png
    Iron Fist purpleflag.png (with 12 blackflag.png )

Favorite as comical:

Kingpin fingerblast!
    Prof. X exploding head!
    Devil Dino furious little arms!

Most annoying (all the really long ones):

Beast blueflag.png
    Doc Oc blueflag.png
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cyclops, best animations, hands down. The sound effects are kinda dopey but the animations are the absolute best.
    I also really like Doc Ock's Armed and Dangerous. Ock is a visually appealing character and I like the energy in the pose during that one.
    My son loves Righteous Uppercut, and I do too.
    Panther's pose during Battleplan is pretty rad, too.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    For me, there's nothing better than seeing PX's giant bald head of doom pop up 3 times in a row.
  • On my old phone, Cage's yellow actually made the picture darken and stutter a bit, right at the point of impact. Not sure how that happened but it was quite the effect.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Kingpin's "Fingerpoke of doom!" (Bonus points if you get the reference.) I always want to giggle like the Pillsbury Doughboy everytime I see it fire.
  • M C K
    M C K Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Another vote for Kingpin's Prostate Exam
  • Gamora's Bad Reputation blackflag.png . She don't give a s**t about you and your feelings. And I always start signing Joan Jett's Bad Reputation to myself as I slice away with her red afterwards.

latest?cb=20141213080538
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RAQXg0IdfI
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Black Punisher. Love the flames all over the screen.

Yellow Kingpin. He's like: "Hey guys, who's in for some pizza? My treat!"

Yellow Cage. I always say "POW!" in my head.

Red Magneto classic. He looks like a boss.

Blue Prof X. Looks so pulp and iconic, so Kirby as well.

Green Gamora. Her grunt is cool too.

Black Doom. Iconic too.

Green Ragnarok. It still gives me PTSD memories from the time he ruled.

Green, all three Storms. Needs to shatter more tiles to better reflect the true might of that power.

Yellow Falcon. It's a nice, relaxing pause.

All three Elektras. Too bad she sucks.

Purple Jean. It has a nice science fiction feel.

Red Juggernaut. You hate receiving it, love giving it.

Special mention for Call the storm wich probably has the worst animation in the game but one of the coolest sound effects.