Your favourite ability animation/s

rdevil32
rdevil32 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
edited August 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Ok, I know some people are asking to have an option to remove the animations altogether, but aside from pvp hopping, I dig these ability animations, and they are my main reason for playing MPQ for so long! Off my head, top5 on my list are Cycs Optic Blast and Full Blast, KK Embiggened Bash, R&G Blammo We Got Ya, and Storm (Mohawk) Lightning Strike. And many more!

What about you?

Comments

• Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Cyclops has the best animations in the game. Always puts a smile on my face to see him full blast the screen into black and for it to fade back in with one enemy gone.
  • Lboogie
    Lboogie Posts: 55
    Overdrive
    Oldest trick in the book
    Night stalker
    Visions yellow... (weakbut looks cool)
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Best Animations:

#1 by a large margin - Contract Killer - the sheer look of Glee on Bullseye's face, makes me smile every time.
    Keep your Enemies Close - same reason as above. (Blade)
    Cyc yellow... because ..well, stupid sexy Cyclops.
    FalCap red - I keep trying to control his decent.. looks like you unlocked a mini-game lol.
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Difficult, difficult. There are a number of abilities that are really fun in terms of animation. I never get tired of Starlord's Sleight of Hand move, Deadpool's Whales Whales Whales (especially the ultimate beefed up version), Cyclop's Full Blast (I can feel the Dark Side swelling in him...), and Magneto's Magnitized Projectiles (really feels like the kind of things Mags does on a regular basis).

Though I don't have the ability yet, I love the animation for 4* Deadpool's purple - Kinda like, 'Who, me?' the way he's looking.

Speaking of abilities though... How creepy is Professor X's match-5 'IN YOUR FACE' move? My screen just got taken up by a giant bald head with glowing eyes, kinda like some kind of horror movie when something jumps out at you.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Cyclops' Optic Blast always feels epic.

Blade's Nightstalker always makes me want to shout "fore!"

You can't go wrong with a shield-tossing Steve Rogers (either Peacemaker or Star-Spangled Avenger).

I love the way Squirrel Girl's Furry Friends bound across the bottom of the screen.

Maybe it's not the animation, but I love the audio ding at the end of Kamala Khan's Bring Out the Best.
  • Deilinvega
    Deilinvega Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Ant-Man riding on the fly icon_razz.gif
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    I really love all of Hulkbuster's animations particularly his blue even though it is his weakest power. The look on his face when his blue and black fire off let you know some serious tinykitty is about to go down.
  • MikeG72
    MikeG72 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    I like the "I Got A Plan" animation with Rocket standing next to a weapon that makes Doom's (the game, not Victor Von) BFG look like a toy. Then the strike tiles appear and I can imagine Rocket snarling, "Now you're in for a world of hurt."
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    cmags red - that hand - i got you by the balls....
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    iMIFLw5QfFR5s.jpg
  • All of cmags and luke cages uppercut
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's an oldie, but there's still something very satisfying about using Punisher's red to finish someone off.

BANG! You're dead.
  • W4LAndre
    W4LAndre Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Daredevil's ambush kick to the face. I took down a Hulkbuster with it once. That paints a funny picture in one's head.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Cage Yellow for sure.

At least on my phone, the uppercut animation lines up directly with the enemy player in front, so it actually looks like they're getting punched. So satisfying.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Most satisfying is I Am Groot's animation/audio followed by him going from near dead to full health. Falcap's red is pretty cool but its probably one of the longest animations in the game.

Weirdest animations go to Sentry's yellow "butt hurt" edition and Carnage's sashay.
  • Ant-man's 'Grow' ability is awesome.

Falcaps Red is sweet

Kingpins Black ability (POKE!) is awesome

Iron Fists purple: I have seen it a billion times but still think "i am about to win" everytime I see it icon_e_smile.gif

Honorable mention for XDP's countdown tiles going off, and Jean greys green ability (she turns purple omg!)
  • 1 star spidey's web swing. Hits me right in the nostalgia.
  • 12 black for Luke Cage - Jab, Jab, Cross!
    First activation...jab...
    Then second activation...jab, jab......then....
    Zoolander style 'blue steel' look on that cross punch!

Edit : might be 'magnum'
  • Cyclop's black is probably the best animation... you always feel powerful after you use it.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hulkbuster's Hulkproof. Something so very manacing about it.

Agreed with Punisher's red. Very satisfying. The fact it's a single shot helps.

I'm fond of Thoress' Smite just because I like the pose and how she's drawn there. (I feel they made her a little too soon though, before we really knew what her powers were. Her ability to fire lightning from her hands, not the hammer, and her ability to manipulate Mjolnir to zip around at high speed is most definitely not represented in-game).

Captain Falcon's moves are all good.

I actually quite like Squirrel Girl's Furry Friends move. It's kinda cute. Also one of the few images of her that aren't freakin creepy.

Elektra's Ballet of Death wowed me when I first saw it. There's a lot to that.

I still quite like White Magneto's Polarity Shift. Moreso than CMag's Polarizing Force

Professor X's Master Plan just for the sheer nuttiness of it.