What type of rewards do you play for in PVE?

2»

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Placement for new characters, but otherwise just casual clears for ISO/tokens.

Exactly this. I'm at the point where there are very few 3*s I actually need now. So unless it's a new character, I'm not going to gun it hard for stuff.
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks everyone for voting and posting. icon_e_biggrin.gif It's interesting to see the break down. This one is closer than the pvp poll, however, at the end of the day, more forum members play pve for the placement rewards. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Cheers,
    - T
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted progression, although that's not entirely true. I play for node rewards more than anything else. Barring the Faptain release event, I generally grind nodes until I get all the rewards (or the good ones, at least) and then skip the rest. I haven't ever missed max progression playing that way, and I frequently place t100 or t50 thanks to frickin' 20-Iso payouts, but it's all ancillary.
  • I mainly play for sub event prizes and for farming ISO. My 3* are covered with a few exceptions, so I'm past the need for joining late for high placement. I'd rather get a little something from each sub. It feels like there's less participation for some of the older covers, so a few clears is usually still good for top 50 placement, anyway. I try to take the weekends off, unless it's a new toon.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted progression, but for very different reasons than the PvP poll. Placement in PvE just isn't worth the insane effort required. I haven't placed in the top 150 in a few months, and have given up trying.