What type of rewards do you play for in PVP?

2»

Comments

• Both here.

If the progression reward is worthy, I'll attempt to reach it.

If the placement reward is more appealing, I'll late start and hammer my way into the T100 and see what my options are from there.

So yeah, both, because I'm obviously not even going to bother if one or the other isn't worth playing for, hence neither choice being a clear stand-alone option for me.

DBC
  • Until a couple seasons ago, when I needed a large portion of 3* covers still, it was both for T100 placement or better and the 800 progression. Now it's been almost exclusively for the 1k progression (walking into the 1300 one) and some extra hp on placement but just to lighten the shield cost for the progression.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am in he 4* transition wig all the 3* max covered so it is progression for me. The sad thing is players who need all 3 covers of the 3* probably play more for progression in PVP than placement becuase their roster is not deep enough, or strong enough to compete for 2-3 3* covers. If you have a roster that can regularly compete for top 5 or #1 you probably don't need the 3* covers. If you are regularly over 1300 points you probably don't need the 3* covers. It has probably been over 3 months since I played a PVP for the actual 3* reward.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    well i'm 2 starred aiming for 3 stars. so I have no choice but progression but instead of 800 i can only get to 300 and cross my fingers that 2 star doesn't come up.

Thrilling.

If it's a character no one feels like fighting for I may make it as far as 600.

I can only get progression if I join late, otherwise people just see me as an easy crawl, even if my characters are boosted.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Well, both, but it depends what rewards are available for them. I'm at the point where I've cover maxed >90% of the available 3-stars so for most pvp, there is nothing really to fight for in placement (except the iso and hp but that's a given). There is the 4-star cover for the top 1 ranking but that's not even realistic to try for. So generally I'm pushing for 1000 progression reward for the 4-star cover, and occasionally 1300 if there is a 4-star there I really like. Not most of the time though cause hitting 1300 takes too much resources to do consistently.
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Prior to the changes in PVP, and the addition of 1k and 1300 rewards, I was playing for both. Now, it's just for progression. I don't have the roster, or the money for that matter, to play for placement anymore. I've only placed in top 100 a few times when I pushed at the end of an event. My aim every season is the 10-pack at 4k. If may play to 400 for the token and 25 HP after I hit 4k, but sometimes that doesn't even happen.
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks everyone for voting and posting. icon_e_biggrin.gif It's interesting - at least to me - that most forum members play pvp for the progression rewards. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Cheers,
    - T
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    As a casual player for me it depends on the rewards. If it is a cover at 800 points that I need I will aim for that and call it a day, and after all the attacks on me finish at about 400 points. If it isn't a cover I need I will join with about 90 minutes left and see what I can get via placement. Up coming Hollow point Kiss I already have a Max covered Grey Suit so will take my chances final day.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Late join, progression.
    725 is nice mark to get to in terms of HP

Next step up is to aim for 1k.
    Placement is nice but i'm running out of covers i need.