Can we get a global top ten scoreboard for PVE?

2»

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Now not to be a jerk, is this an actual quality of life improvement or just something for top players to rub themselves over?

I laughed when I read this. Lol. Isn't every leader board a way for top players to rub themselves over?

Touché!

It will be for top overall points. I gave up trying to win 1st place in slice 2, so I found a far easier slice. But I always compare my scores to the slice 2 pve machines.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm just saying if there are no rewards, and most of the top players don't even participate in pve when there isn't a new character, I can't even begin to see a reason to implement it.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    I'm just saying if there are no rewards, and most of the top players don't even participate in pve when there isn't a new character, I can't even begin to see a reason to implement it.

At the pace they currently release new characters....

I would predict the 4* pve intro would have outrageously tight leaderboards (probably less than 1000 pts from 1 to 10).
    3* PVE intro would be a bit looser (less than 2000-3000 pt separation)
    Regular story PVE i.e. prodigal sun, TaT, but not featuring a new char intro (would be around 5K)
    Heroics pve (probably a 10k separation)

Your right to say that the elite players aren't focusing on heroics pve, but that actually opens up the leaderboard for a whole different group of players to be recognized.

I'd imagine you'd see the hard core players go after the new character introductions. Then an entirely different group of players in the regular story pve, and finally a completely different group of players with 3* transitioning rosters in Heroics.

One thing people don't really appreciate about PVE is that Heroics are tuned for lower level rosters, and the 4* players have a really hard time dealing with overscaled nodes. That's a big reason why high level rosters don't do very well in Heroic PVE.

On the PVP side, I think there is only a very small pool of about 50 players who legitimately have a shot at placement on a global leaderboard.

In PVE, I think there is a much broader pool of players who can legitimately place in the top 10.

One other thing to note is that since every PVE has a different point structure, every event would have a separate record. I think most people would agree Thick as Thieves has the hardest match ups and being the record holder in TaT is alot more impressive than being a global leader in EtoS.

In PVP, I don't really think the scores differ from event to event, and most of the population has a very similar roster set in the first running of the FalCap pvp and the 10th running of a Lazy daken pvp event.

Although, I could be wrong and its the same 20 guys making perfect grinds day after day.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:

It's more likely akin to the Versus leaderboards pics that have been posted on FB. The top 10 scores in the whole event. I assume it's a marketing thing, or something else to post for them. I don't think it's going to take their resources from more important things, or even take that long, so the benefits they could get from implementing it, would far outweigh the resources required to get it done.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    lukewin wrote:
    I don't think it's going to take their resources from more important things, or even take that long, so the benefits they could get from implementing it, would far outweigh the resources required to get it done.
    Correct. The people making the graphics and putting together those posts have no bearing on design, code, or execution of in-game assets.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    It's planned. We're just getting the graphics templates through all the necessary approvals. Versus went through early, so we decided to jump on it when it came through the process.

Thread necro. Did this ever happen? Did they stop posting t10 for PVP? I don't check the MPQ FB page.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    IceIX wrote:
    It's planned. We're just getting the graphics templates through all the necessary approvals. Versus went through early, so we decided to jump on it when it came through the process.

In other words, waiting for Marvel's thumbs up. icon_e_confused.gif
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    As a player who has occasionally gotten the top individual score among t10 pve alliances (while mercing), I would certainly be interested in seeing where I stack against the global competition. This would be especially true for 7 day, 7 sub events like The Hulk, and help us identify our pve masochists. icon_twisted.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_lol.gif
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,398 Chairperson of the Boards
    where do you see this at>