Can we get a global top ten scoreboard for PVE?

Phumade
Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2015 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
The global top 10 PVP scoreboard is a great new addition to the game and fun popcorn munching for alot of players. Is there any chance we can get one for Global PVE?

One other nice addition, would be to recognize each player's alliance affiliation. I'm sure it will boil down to 5 alliances, but its a nice way to recognize alot of hard work and effort.

Comments

• Unknown
    edited August 2015
    So you want recognition for the top 10 in the whole world across 5 time slices for those who had the most time to spare for grinding/grinding down to 1 point?

*sips wine, slowly
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    I for one, would like to see it. Of course, someone would probably come in and say that people are using an exploit, of having too much free time, to play the game the way the devs did not intend.
  • lukewin wrote:
    I for one, would like to see it. Of course, someone would probably come in and say that people are using an exploit, of having too much free time, to play the game the way the devs did not intend.

Hmm... Sound like PvP.
    Let start another post and gathering idea how to change PvE, so I can get all the prizes icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • lukewin wrote:

Nah, there would be too much griping by the player finishing #4 in slice 1 about how he would have been #1 in slice 4 and so he deserves their prize.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    really could only post that after the event ends due to the slices. global t10 would all be from slice 1 until the end.
  • Phumade
    X23 wrote:
    lukewin wrote:
    Let start another post and gathering idea how to change PvE, so I can get all the prizes icon_e_biggrin.gif

One prize that I think they should add is a trophy or medal tag for everyone in the global top 10 for pvp/pve.

So if you made the leaderboard. CS could add a special character font to your IGN. Then every time your in a leaderboard it says.

regular ign.
    "PVE Player"

after winning global leaderboard

"Ÿ PVE Player"

It would be great if they could put a proper medal or trophy character, but they could probably insert a extended ascii character without any effort at all.
  • Deadpooool wrote:
    So you want recognition for the top 10 in the whole world across 5 time slices for those who had the most time to spare for grinding/grinding down to 1 point?

*sips wine, slowly

That's what he said.

*replaces your wine with a real drink
  • sc0ville
    sc0ville Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Yes please.

I'd love to see this, I know I'd step up my game for at least one PvE just to get a spot (in a 4* release of course)
  • Deadpooool wrote:

*sips wine, slowly

That's what he said.

People seem to be missing the irony here.. Sigh..
  • Please. PVE players are already considered second class players apparently, with the use of 4 star essentials, but no way to reliably earn them outside a one time event, unless you hop the fence to do PVP instead.

Why? Because to place top 1-2 outside of new player brackets, you have to have the 4 star required.

Meanwhile, PVP gets 2 covers an event in progression. Sure, it's slightly more difficult due to the fact your progression can be attacked if you don't spend some HP on shields, but I don't see how that's any different from having to spend HP on health packs to go full grind mode in a PVE event.
  • Phumade
    PVE is a different game with different team composition strategies that PVP.

But that doesn't make PVE any less fun that PVP.

Its like saying American Football is better than Rugby or Aussie Rules Football or soccer. To the people who play that version of the game, its the greatest thing since sliced bread. I don't see any reason to laugh at some one who likes rugby over the NFL.

And personally, I think you will see that the top ten global pve players are also super high level pvp rosters. They may not put up 2K per event, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they were all 1500 pvp scorers!

Anyway, I just think it would be fun to have a global PVE scoreboard. No need to talk about revamping the game, its fine as it exists.

Maybe tweak the format of the leaderboad to show alliance, and give a medal or color change to indicate that the person won the last PVE like a "kill" button in poker.
  • Phumade wrote:

And personally, I think you will see that the top ten global pve players are also super high level pvp rosters. They may not put up 2K per event, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they were all 1500 pvp scorers!

Of course they are, that's how they get the cover to hit the essential node and earn the extra points to outscore the PVE player base.
  • Deadpooool wrote:
    Deadpooool wrote:

*sips wine, slowly

That's what he said.

People seem to be missing the irony here.. Sigh..

As well as sarcasm apparently icon_cool.gif
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    It's planned. We're just getting the graphics templates through all the necessary approvals. Versus went through early, so we decided to jump on it when it came through the process.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2015
    Haetron wrote:
    Please. PVE players are already considered second class players apparently, with the use of 4 star essentials, but no way to reliably earn them outside a one time event, unless you hop the fence to do PVP instead.

Why? Because to place top 1-2 outside of new player brackets, you have to have the 4 star required.

Meanwhile, PVP gets 2 covers an event in progression. Sure, it's slightly more difficult due to the fact your progression can be attacked if you don't spend some HP on shields, but I don't see how that's any different from having to spend HP on health packs to go full grind mode in a PVE event.

By having a diverse roster and cycling viable teams I've pulled off top 2 finishes for every event I wanted the rewards for while almost never having to spend hp. Before the vault I would occasionally buy kits so that I would also be able to pvp but now I just save up tokens and go fishing when I need to.
  • Phumade
    IceIX wrote:
    It's planned. We're just getting the graphics templates through all the necessary approvals. Versus went through early, so we decided to jump on it when it came through the process.

Is there anyway to build a persistent medal/ token? We all know scoville and dkffiv are major pve all stars, their ign should reflect that!
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    It's nice but I'd like to see top 100 even better icon_e_wink.gif
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Phumade wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

Is there anyway to build a persistent medal/ token? We all know scoville and dkffiv are major pve all stars, their ign should reflect that!
    That sort of persistent system is on our wishlist. Even something as simple as tracking the little trophies you get from 1/2/3 finishes in PVE/Versus would be pretty great.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now not to be a jerk, is this an actual quality of life improvement or just something for top players to rub themselves over?

Will they be getting some award , because if so they likely already have most of the awards the game is giving, alliance and event wise. So I couldn't see the point in that.
    Will it be placement or points? if so some late jumpers will have a glistening trophy box.
  • sc0ville
    sc0ville Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Now not to be a jerk, is this an actual quality of life improvement or just something for top players to rub themselves over?

Will they be getting some award , because if so they likely already have most of the awards the game is giving, alliance and event wise. So I couldn't see the point in that.
    Will it be placement or points? if so some late jumpers will have a glistening trophy box.

OCCUPY MARVEL PUZZLE QUEST.

DOWN WITH THE 1%