"Look sharp all of ye! There are whales hereabouts!"

2»

Comments

• I don't mind them because I'm not in a stage where they'll attack me. *shrugs*

Some of them impress me with their dedication though and they're pretty helpful when they find the best builds for characters.
  • GMadMan040
    GMadMan040 Posts: 207
    I've spent more money than I care to admit on this game, but with the amount of hours that I have played I can rationalize it somewhat.

But based on the general consensus, I don't even count as a baby whale, as I have not maxed out any 4* characters. I would if I could, but I have yet to have access to a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png with all three color covers. My best 4* is an blackflag.png 0 purpleflag.png 2 yellowflag.png 5 Kingpin. I would max him in a second if I could just get that blackflag.png cover!

I spent a lot of money nabbing covers for top tier star.pngstar.pngstar.png 's because I started to get impatient with the transition process. Not much for waiting...haha.

It's interesting how the gaming format has changed so much. Used to be you paid $60 for a game and that was it. Now the potential ceiling is pretty much non-existent. Especially in MPQ. The real $$$ cost to max out everything is astronomical.
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    barrok wrote:
    Konman wrote:
    A whale likes to win the game, not necessarily play the game. And the way they win is by out spending the competition. In the Nefarious Foes PvP, I had the same player hit me more than 6 times in less than 2 hours. This player had a full 4* team with Jean Grey, XPool, and King Pin...the 2 newest characters, fully covered and boosted. It was an extra reward for the whales, not only does spending the money get you the character earlier than most, but because you spent the money, we're going to give you a boost to amplify your already significant advantage.

To be fair, this nefarious PVP is pretty stupid. Everyone has Cmags + Loki + Hood. So unless you are good at looking at names, you might hit the same person over and over again thinking that it's a different person since everyone has the same team.

It was pretty relentless though, even to the point where I was losing less than 20 points the last 2 times I was attacked.
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Maceo511 wrote:
    Konman wrote:
    In the Nefarious Foes PvP, I had the same player hit me more than 6 times in less than 2 hours. .

Why didn't you shield after the 2nd or 3rd hit? Was it a good retal? I found they are usually worth something later.

I had just unshielded, and was only hoping to get to the 1000pt progression, and then get blasted by whomever. Instead I was blasted by this one player over and over, when I was probably one match away from getting the Thing cover. And then I just said "Screw it"
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Okay, I generally abhor image macros, but this one was just too good to pass up.
    pwya9.jpg
    pwycr.jpg
    pwyei.jpg