Lower percentage for 4*s in heroic packs?

2»

Comments

• Heroic tokens and all tokens in general need to have better odds. I hoarded 115 Heroic tokens from the last three seasons and decided to open them with XDP and Jean Grey unvaulted. Did I get any of them? No. I got 2 Ant-mans, 1 Thing, 1 PX, and 1 Nick Fury.
    So my effective draw rate of getting any 4* is 4%. The odds need to increase or the hand out of tokens need to increase.
  • Rng is just silly. There's no conspiracy unless they're plotting to make sure I don't need to spend money for roster slots.

I hear ya... I just find tin foil soo comfortable. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Wil88 wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    However since the game doesn't make it hard enough for P2W it usually means all 4* besides the top 2 are irrelevant, because it's usually fairly obvious who are the 2 most powerful 4*s at any given time, and since it's not P2W enough such that maxing out 2 4*s is prohibitive, this means everyone else will surely be maxing out the top 2 4*s which means if you have anyone but the top 2 4*s you usually still get clobbered and thus have no incentive to max out anyone else besides the top 2 4*s, so although it's practically impossible to keep up with the 4*s, as long as the top 2 doesn't get changed very often, it doesn't really matter because the only 2 4*s that matter, in terms of maxing out, are the top 2.

Wow that is the longest sentence I've ever read. icon_lol.gif
    Phantron wrote:
    Once you have 1/1/1 you can just pay 2500 HP to upgrade your way and by not wasting too much HP on shields for events where you don't need anything it only takes at most a few months to get the HP you need even if you went on to completely miss every token + PvP progression reward for that 4*.
    Completely disagree here. I've been playing since almost day one, am in a top100 alliance and only have one 4* that is covered enough to be playable.
    Sure, I've bought covers for them, but since I don't have the time to hit 1000 in every PvP I guess it means I'm out of luck, and it certainly is way longer than a couple of months unless you're dropping whale cash.
    I'm really hoping D3 is planning on some changes to the 4* drops so those of us who are "active casual" still have incentive to play.
    if u have time to top 100 you have time to hit 1k in pvp
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    While I continue to believe the Vault is a good thing (except for the new vault button, which any cost more than 25 or 50 hp is just silly, but that's another topic), I can admit dwill got one over on me with the improved 3* and 4* cover drop rates from tokens.

I overestimated the impact of them increasing 3*and 4*. This sounded great, but in reality, it's just a distraction from the truth. The truth is increasing the rates did not make it easier for vet players to get the covers that we need.

I previously didn't take into account that the odds of drawing a specific cover was still actually worse, although the odds of getting a 3*or 4* had increased. The reason is that the rate increases were not proportional to the number of new 4*s added to the pool. The truth is that players actually have worse odds, not better, of drawing any given cover.

Spoiler: probably need someone good at math to verify.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Heroic tokens and all tokens in general need to have better odds. I hoarded 115 Heroic tokens from the last three seasons and decided to open them with XDP and Jean Grey unvaulted. Did I get any of them? No. I got 2 Ant-mans, 1 Thing, 1 PX, and 1 Nick Fury.
    So my effective draw rate of getting any 4* is 4%. The odds need to increase or the hand out of tokens need to increase.

Holy **** I would kill for that. I have 300 Heroic pulls saved up and statistically I should end up with 2.6 usable covers. Not worth it.