"Fixing" character names

Options
13»

Comments

• The problem here is for identities that have been assumed by more than one individual.

For example: Captain America. Steve Rogers, Bucky Barnes, and Sam Wilson have all taken that identity. Let's assume Bucky was also in the game, and they are named Captain America (Steve Rogers), Captain America (Bucky Barnes) and Captain America (Sam Wilson). By the current naming conventions and game codes, characters sharing the same first name (i.e. the one not in brackets) cannot be used simultaneously.
    And this can be changed on game coding.
  • Kolence wrote:
    [...] The non-bracketed name usually assumes the same individual character, that is, all three Wolverines are Hugh Jackman, all three Storms are Ororo Munroe etc. [...]
    So true! But he says he's going to retire from the role soon. What then?

It will be Melissa McCarthy's role then.

icon_e_ugeek.gif
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I don't like the new naming convention. I'd MUCH rather there be a hidden field on the character record that was used to determine if two characters could be on the same team, then return names to "Captain America [Steve Rogers]" and "Captain America [Sam Wilson]". Hell, make it fun for yourselves guys, put "Mjnolnir" in the hidden field for all of the Thors and "Vibranium/Adamantium Shield" in the field for the appropriate Caps (but not, obviously, for Supersoldier [Steve Rogers]).

Also, why the tinykitty is Spider-man [Original] and [Classic] instead of [Amazing] and [Spectacular]? I mean come on.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The name changes bothered me the other day but only because my daughter pulled a red Steve Rogers, and I got excited as my wife read the name to me from the other side of the room... then I realized it was the star.pngstar.png That had been renamed Steve Rogers... not Super Soldier. Way to raise my hopes then dash them to the ground, stomp twist, then spit on the remains.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't like the new naming convention. I'd MUCH rather there be a hidden field on the character record that was used to determine if two characters could be on the same team, then return names to "Captain America [Steve Rogers]" and "Captain America [Sam Wilson]". Hell, make it fun for yourselves guys, put "Mjnolnir" in the hidden field for all of the Thors and "Vibranium/Adamantium Shield" in the field for the appropriate Caps (but not, obviously, for Supersoldier [Steve Rogers]).

Also, why the tinykitty is Spider-man [Original] and [Classic] instead of [Amazing] and [Spectacular]? I mean come on.
    I see what you mean about the naming convention being not very "elegant", but a hidden field determining which characters can't be used at the same time would just make things more confusing for new players who haven't yet learned which characters can't be on the same team at the same time. With the current convention at least the "main" name is used to determine this which makes it clear.
  • binarypillbug
    Options

Just to be clear, there is hidden info about this. The names are their attempt to communicate that info.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well, on the bright side, I checked earlier and they have finally given Scott Lang a proper bio and not a movie promotional blurb, which was another thing that had been bothering me. Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel) remains stubbornly unchanged though. icon_razz.gif
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Speaking of character bios, isn't it time Thor (Goddess) got an update? Her identity's not a secret any more, and Jane deserves her own bio.