"Fixing" character names

Options

Comments

• Chicago
    Chicago Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've never been a fan of the "The" before Hood, Punisher, and Hulk (and Thing now, I suppose). You're messing with my alphabetizing, D3!
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Due to popular player outcry, D3 has decided to update their naming process, and make it more streamlined. All characters will now be named "Shirley".
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Due to popular player outcry, D3 has decided to update their naming process, and make it more streamlined. All characters will now be named "Shirley".
    Surely you can't be serious...
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Of course I'm serious. And don't call me Shirley.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Give me a vector, Victor.
  • GMadMan040
    GMadMan040 Posts: 207
    Options
    Same thing with Mick Foley (Mankind) then Mick Foley (Cactus Jack) and Mick Foley (Dude Love). I hope this will be addressed... wait what lol icon_lol.gif

The Rock says you are the Jabroni beating, pie eating, trail blazin', eyebrow raisin', all around, smack it down, people's champ of this thread. Also, don't forget the sock.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    El Satanno wrote:
    Give me a vector, Victor.

Roger, Roger.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We have Clearance Clarence.
  • Mawtful wrote:
    I think the only problem that Thor is facing is that soon enough he's going to be worthy again.
    Jane Thor has proved to be popular enough to stick around, and she'll be joining an Avengers lineup, but Odinson isn't being written out of the universe. As Secret Wars wraps up I'm sure we'll end up with a "spare" Mjolnir somehow. I know we're rapidly leaving the 3* tier behind, but a team of Thor and Thor is still going to be powerful, especially when either of them are boosted.

They already worked around this twice, first having him use an Axe instead, and then having him use alternate universe Evil Thor's hammer, which only was liftable if you were unworthy, and as he made his last stand to save the universe, it failed, because he was worthy again. I think. The lead up to Secret Wars was a mess.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    CNash wrote:
    M C K wrote:
    Now that you mention it, they may have a whole lot of fixing to do at some point:
    • I'd almost be cool with leaving Thor alone...except 4hor is a completely different person. Perhaps Odinson (Thor) and Jane Foster (Thor)?

In Thor's case it's because the hammer can't be used by more than one person at a time. So Thor (Modern) and Thor (Goddess of Thunder) must stay as they are - if they changed to Odinson (Thor) and Jane Foster (Thor), this would imply that they could be on the same team.

I suppose they could spend the fight throwing the hammer back and forth - it's been done in the comics between worthy wielders of Mjolnir, usually Thor and Beta Ray Bill - but it's easier from a game design perspective to restrict them.

I noticed this. I think they should be renamed to "Mjolnir (Thor Odinson)" and "Mjolnir (Jane Foster or maybe Goddess Thor)" icon_e_smile.gif
  • Norrin Radd
    Norrin Radd Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    JVReal wrote:
    This is why you need to able to buy different costumes for your own roster instead of them coming up with a different star.png variant. Dress cyclops in whichever costume you want him in... or give costumes away as prizes for placement.

Put cyclops in a dress? ..that would ruin his yellow.
    A yellow dress? With his complexion, he's really more of an "autumn".

The dress is clearly blue. I don't know what you are looking at??
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    We have Clearance Clarence.

I picked a bad week to stop sniffing glue....
  • M C K
    M C K Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Options
    Sounds like this thread is over, Oveur
  • GMadMan040
    GMadMan040 Posts: 207
    Options
    Unless we use it as a springboard to finally get the 5* Kareem Abdul-Jabbar into the game.
  • it should be the other way around really. The hero name first and then the real name in parentheses.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I love all you guys. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First the earth cooled. And then Devil Dinosaur came...
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I assume they made this change so you couldn't have two Sam Wilson's on your team. Jane Thor & Danvers don't have this problem.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I assume they made this change so you couldn't have two Sam Wilson's on your team. Jane Thor & Danvers don't have this problem.
    They could have called him Falcon (All-New Captain America) or something, like they did with Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel), but obviously neither of those make sense and look shoddy. If they bothered to fix Steve and Sam, I don't see why they can't fix Carol too.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    [...] The non-bracketed name usually assumes the same individual character, that is, all three Wolverines are Hugh Jackman, all three Storms are Ororo Munroe etc. [...]
    So true! But he says he's going to retire from the role soon. What then?