So will the PC playerbase be forever **** on rewards?

2»

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:

We are unlikely to implement FB sharing on the PC version, mostly because of how that system works on PC for games that are not actually *on* Facebook. It's more a FB limitation than anything. It's possible to hackify a solution that would work across all platforms but it wouldn't be worth dealing with Facebook themselves if/when the workarounds to their API would get noticed.

Have there been discussions about some other solution to compensate the Steam players for whatever impact not having access to FB sharing has on the relative economies?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    IceIX wrote:

We are unlikely to implement FB sharing on the PC version, mostly because of how that system works on PC for games that are not actually *on* Facebook. It's more a FB limitation than anything. It's possible to hackify a solution that would work across all platforms but it wouldn't be worth dealing with Facebook themselves if/when the workarounds to their API would get noticed.

Have there been discussions about some other solution to compensate the Steam players for whatever impact not having access to FB sharing has on the relative economies?
    We have, but as stated above, that's not without its issues as well, such as figuring out what's fair and also in not making the mobile players that "have to" participate in FB sharing not feel **** because PC users get it "for free".

Just for data purposes, average gifting when you pull out the 0% share/receivers and the top couple percent that have created little Iso farms amount to a little over a hundred Iso, a Boost (usually Crit), and a Standard Token or a 1* a day.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    IceIX wrote:
    Just for data purposes, average gifting when you pull out the 0% share/receivers and the top couple percent that have created little Iso farms amount to a little over a hundred Iso, a Boost (usually Crit), and a Standard Token or a 1* a day.

Still worth it to not risk annoying friends with MPQ posts.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    It adds up. Had a causal friend stop playing because she had to spend 5 to ten minutes each time she played (every 3 to 5 days) just to accept rewards before she could start playing,but to be fair there was some alliance rewards it there too.
  • Heartburn wrote:
    It adds up. Had a causal friend stop playing because she had to spend 5 to ten minutes each time she played (every 3 to 5 days) just to accept rewards before she could start playing,but to be fair there was some alliance rewards it there too.
    You can always remove some friends from your facebook to reduce this problem. Ten minutes sounds exaggereted, but about 20 gifts is alredy annoying enough, plus the ones you will get through the day.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Why not get rid of facebook sharing all together and increase alliance sharing to 200/player.

Simple, fair and easy.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Lidolas wrote:
    Why not get rid of facebook sharing all together and increase alliance sharing to 200/player.

Simple, fair and easy.
    Because Facebook sharing, regardless of how much more "core" gamers hate the spam, provides a marked lift in picking up new users.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are you able to connect through another social media like Twitter or Instagram (although instagram is owned by facebook), or even through your own forum login at d3go.com if everyone creates an account and you store their game save there, and share through a "friend" system there... here?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would prefer to drop the sharing altogether. The FB gifts always lock up my phone and I have to restart the game, worse when I'm in the middle of a PVP run. It's even more annoying when you receive 15 gifts at the same time and they're all Crit Boosts. So sure maybe it's "unfair" we receive gifts but none of them are worth much and that come with drawbacks.

I'm not sure how it brings in new players when the gifts are only being sent to other players and not my FB friends. Only 1* covers are sent to my FB friends and I normally have to Skip the transaction because it slows down the game dramatically. If the gifts did not lock up my phone so much then it would be a great feature but as of right now I wish we had the option of turning it off.
  • considering how magic duels origins, arkham knight for pc turned out yeah
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    IceIX wrote:
    Lidolas wrote:

Simple, fair and easy.
    Because Facebook sharing, regardless of how much more "core" gamers hate the spam, provides a marked lift in picking up new users.

That's fair, but I'm not sure how the sharing picks up new users anymore. For both types of sharing now, I only have options to share with people who are already playing. I wanted to wait to get both types of sharing before I replied.