So will the PC playerbase be forever **** on rewards?

MarcusGraves
MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
edited August 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So as far as i'm aware there's a system in place for mobile players that allows them to receive various rewards like covers/iso by linking up to facebook with friends so if this is the case why is there nothing like this in place for the steam users? I've been playing this since the steam release and I was quite frustrated to find out mobile players are getting such and advantage while the PC users are left in the dark.

I feel like i'm being punished for preferring one way to play over another since currently we cannot link our steam account to mobile because of the way the game data is saved which really is all the more reason a reward system like this should be available to groups of players.

this is an issue i'd really like to hear one of the devs comment on.

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's not that big of a deal.

I'm sure Ice can provide the averages, from my personal experience it's maybe about 500 ISO per day and maybe two 1* covers.

So while it sucks that you Steamers are left out, you're not missing out on much.
  • MarcusGraves
    edited August 2015
    Bowgentle wrote:

I'm sure Ice can provide the averages, from my personal experience it's maybe about 500 ISO per day and maybe two 1* covers.

So while it sucks that you Steamers are left out, you're not missing out on much.

even if its small amounts, ISO is never in short demand for me and every bit I can get would be helpful and add up over time. i've also heard you can get standard tokens from this system and while the chances are low, its obviously possible to receive 3/4* characters from them.

all these little bits of ISO, 1* + 2*(need someone to confirm) covers and standard tokens really can add up over time for players and you know I'd like to be able to help my friends that are trying to get more into the game by providing them with actual resources that can help them progress some.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes.

But maybe once or twice a year you'll get a good sale promotion on buying HP, so there's that.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    If they linked the steam App with Facebook then maybe we could play with the same account on either platforms. I'd like that very much.
  • Mawtful wrote:
    Yes.

But maybe once or twice a year you'll get a good sale promotion on buying HP, so there's that.
    Aren't the steam sales treated as dlc and being limited to one each per account, ever?
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:
    Yes.

Aren't the steam sales treated as dlc and being limited to one each per account, ever?

YES. icon_redface.gif
  • MarcusGraves
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:
    Yes.

there are actual sales for the in game store, not the steam one but I really don't see HP/ISO sales unless its the holidays, which is kinda annoying since i'd be willing to drop some cash for a good deal.
    Lee T wrote:
    If they linked the steam App with Facebook then maybe we could play with the same account on either platforms. I'd like that very much.

dunno why they haven't done this yet really, even friggen Gems of War last I saw had the ability to FB link since it would ask me if I wanted to share victories on my feed (lol no way).
  • Marcus, you can make a friend list (interest list I think) and when sharing anything you choose to show it just for that people. I added lots of people just for gaming purposes and share with them only this stuff.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:

I've got one alliance mate claiming 30k per day, and since he's been maxing a 3* every 2-3 days, I tend to believe him.

Obviously he'd be an outlier to what the average user does, but that kind of potential is a lot to not even have access to.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I'd like my 500+ days of 500 ISO, 250,000 extra ISO would be super handy.

If the handhelds ever get a better heads up display (fixing slightly annoying issue), steam users better get that extra iso (actual in-game resource).
  • MarcusGraves
    Bowgentle wrote:

I've got one alliance mate claiming 30k per day, and since he's been maxing a 3* every 2-3 days, I tend to believe him.

Obviously he'd be an outlier to what the average user does, but that kind of potential is a lot to not even have access to.

mother of god, 30K? I'm guessing he's in a specific FB group to do so but that is a gigantic advantage over PC users, if this is the case then there is no excuse for both player groups to have access to this.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Read this: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=30884&p=376337#p376337

And now that you're back, what would you suggest?
  • MarcusGraves
    jojeda654 wrote:

If this is the issue then add the feature into the game itself where it works off of alliance mates getting the pop up reward prompts and as an added bonus maybe have alliances be able to form coalitions to increase the effect.

since this in turn affects the social experience of the game, maybe the option of a live chat box with tabs for both alliance and coalition would finally be in order since the current chat system stinks to high heaven.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    jojeda654 wrote:

Right, Facebook is not an option. That's fine.

One questions why they'd implement a system in the first place that puts part of the player base on unequal footing. Obviously facebook sharing has benefits for promoting the game, but this seems poorly thought out.

The potential solution I've come up with is to add some static daily rewards to the PC version. No idea if that's feasible, but if they tacked on 500iso a day or whatever the average user gets to the daily rewards, it'd at least begin to feel like you're not **** daily.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    One questions why they'd implement a system in the first place that puts part of the player base on unequal footing. Obviously facebook sharing has benefits for promoting the game, but this seems poorly thought out.

I hate to bad-mouth the devs, but poorly thought out certainly seems to be a running theme. icon_neutral.gif
    The potential solution I've come up with is to add some static daily rewards to the PC version. No idea if that's feasible, but if they tacked on 500iso a day or whatever the average user gets to the daily rewards, it'd at least begin to feel like you're not **** daily.

Not a bad workaround, but I'll bet some mobile users are going to think that Steam users will now have an advantage. Think something along the lines of "I refuse to create an FB account, but Steam users get some ISO for no work." Or whatever people were saying about joining an alliance when they were introduced.
    If this is the issue then add the feature into the game itself where it works off of alliance mates getting the pop up reward prompts and as an added bonus maybe have alliances be able to form coalitions to increase the effect.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but isn't this basically the daily rewards we get from the alliance?

since this in turn affects the social experience of the game, maybe the option of a live chat box with tabs for both alliance and coalition would finally be in order since the current chat system stinks to high heaven.

I agree that the chat system is bad, but I think you're going off-topic now.

And before anyone thinks otherwise, I do agree that mobile has an advantage over Steam. It maybe not be too significant overall, but it is unequal. I just don't see a way to make it equal if mobile continues to rely on FB.
  • The amount of gifts you get from Facebook is limited. First, you can only send random gifts the game let's you for 3 friends, you can't choose them. Second, sometimes the game let's you share a 1* cover you just got, up to 50 friends; you can't choose them too, the game picks up 50 and you can unselected them but not change to another one.

So if your friends have a lot of friends you need a bit luck to be picked by the RNG to get any of the gifts.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    about getting deals once or twice a year,, thats wrong cause once you buy a deal you can never buy it again
  • Dudemon
    Dudemon Posts: 57 Match Maker
    The answer is fairly simple.

Allow STEAM players to trade via the marketplace.

It's even better than FB because D3 gets a cut of the transactions.

Dudemon
  • Because trading/selling covers is totally on par with 300 extra iso and a im35 cover daily.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Because trading/selling covers is totally on par with 300 extra iso and a im35 cover daily.
    The amount of work required to get and upkeep all new covers on Steam Marketplace is also fairly staggering. We heavily considered it but the ongoing workload and management made the engineers shiver and one of our accountants go gibbering in a corner for an hour, muttering about "sales attributions across multiple stakeholders". It's much easier for Digital Extremes to sell a skin for an AkVasto than it is for us to navigate the web of payees that some character inclusions represent.

We are unlikely to implement FB sharing on the PC version, mostly because of how that system works on PC for games that are not actually *on* Facebook. It's more a FB limitation than anything. It's possible to hackify a solution that would work across all platforms but it wouldn't be worth dealing with Facebook themselves if/when the workarounds to their API would get noticed.