App hangs after the team selection menu.

Phumade
Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
Hi,

After I select my team, the screen just flashes with icons and never progresses to the TU/boost selection screen.

Is this a major bug that needs to be fixed on D3 side? or is this something I can fix on my side?

I can't actually get into a match. I tried switching from ETOS and Mightiest heros

I've already sent in a ticket, just wanted to know if this is something I can fix locally

Comments

• BumpoTheClown
    BumpoTheClown Posts: 74 Match Maker
    I'm getting this same behavior. For what it's worth, doing a "Clear Data" from the Android app manager just has the effect of dumping you back into the tutorial. You can do the tutorial fights, but once you sync back up with your real account, the problem with being unable to start a match returns.
  • Phumade
    I'm getting this same behavior. For what it's worth, doing a "Clear Data" from the Android app manager just has the effect of dumping you back into the tutorial. You can do the tutorial fights, but once you sync back up with your real account, the problem with being unable to start a match returns.

okay, I sent a ticket in but it was after their business hours closed. I'll update here with their response.
  • BumpoTheClown
    I submitted one as well. Fingers crossed.
  • I'm having the same issue, and am also waiting for a reply to my ticket.
  • badlouie
    badlouie Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    I also submitted a ticket and had a conversation w support. I told them "This sucks, is it a widespread problem?"

Greetings D3 Go! Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3 Go! Customer Support.

It does, and we deeply apologize, friend. Yes, it is quite widespread and we are frenetically scrambling to correct the issue.

Many questions can be answered by visiting our helpful Marvel Puzzle Quest FAQ at:

That was 12+ hours ago. I still can't do anything. Better be some hero points in it for me if/when this gets resolved.
  • badlouie
    Same here. Support ticket response said they're aware of the problem.
  • Phumade
    Now we are late into the next sub of ETOS, running late on earths mightiest hero and missing lighting rounds.

Yeah. Hero points and ISO need to be involved!

If this slips into unstable ISO 8 I will be so pissed

Grrr.
  • Phumade
    This is the response I just got from CS

We would like to place you back on hold while the developers continue to work on the issue. May we do so?

Many questions can be answered by visiting our helpful Marvel Puzzle Quest FAQ at: www.d3go.com/mpq-support/

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,
    D3 Go! Customer Support Team (EDG)

So.... This means I am F'ed? If I say no to being put on hold, will I get a faster response? Maybe there needs to be some training to better communicate the issue at hand.

I hope the developers can get this problem fixed soon. I actually hope no one in red responds to our thread, because that means they are trying to diagnose the problem vs reading the forums.

Good luck d3. I'm here waiting patiently while
    ETOS ticks bye.
    Earth's mightest heroes comes to a close.
    I miss on Deadpool Daily Quest.
    and LR ISO slips through my hands.
  • I've been placed on 'hold' as well. I don't even know quite how to reply to the email they sent.

I'll be very very annoyed if we arn't compensated with something like hero points or iso8, I've spent a fair bit of money in the game (perhaps stupidly)
  • Phumade
    I've been placed on 'hold' as well. I don't even know quite how to reply to the email they sent.

I'll be very very annoyed if we arn't compensated with something like hero points or iso8, I've spent a fair bit of money in the game (perhaps stupidly)

They've been very reasonable about hp, iso etc... I just wish we had more info on what's causing the bug. I know the developers are working hard to resolve the issue.

I'm just going to attribute CS's response to poor word choice.
  • badlouie
    I was confused about the "on hold" too, so I asked what that meant. The reply:

That means we will place your ticket on hold until we have more information for players reporting the issue. This way, we can contact you immediately. Shall we proceed?

Many questions can be answered by visiting our helpful Marvel Puzzle Quest FAQ at: www.d3go.com/mpq-support/

I don't think it matters what I answered, because they obviously have no fix for my problem at the moment. They told me to "keep track of things I lose" during this 'situation.' I dropped from 120 to 250 in the event, lost out on 2 days of deadpool dailies, a SHIELD daily reward.... with no end in sight.

In my alliance, I'm the only one of 20 experiencing this. Unfortunately, we appear to be a small group left out in the cold.
  • badlouie
    Latest update-

We have conferred with our technicians, who say this issue has been fixed. Can you please restart your device and let us know if the issue persists?

The issue persists. I'm more frustrated than angry at this point. Support sent me 10 health packs for my trouble, not that I'll ever get to use them.

They promised to update me tomorrow, and when (IF) the problem is fixed, I can discuss " the possibility of compensation" for lost opportunities. I'm keeping track. 50 HP for the event, 50 for the current round, 5000 lost ISO on deadpool dailies, 3* cover from deadpool dailies, Heroic token from event, the SHIELD daily package...and counting. In 4 months of playing, the longest tech issue I had was a few hours. This really blows.
  • BumpoTheClown
    I just logged in a few minutes ago, and found that the problem has been resolved on my account. So I take it this involved a change to the saved game data, not an update to the code. It might just be a coincidence, but anyone else having this problem should probably give it a check.
  • Phumade
    @Bumpo - Glad to see your up and running.

I just forced closed all apps and shut down my ipad. Still no luck

@badlouie. - I got the same email and tried it out. No joy for me either.

Fingers crossed for better luck tommorrow.
  • coreyhawk
    coreyhawk Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Same issue here. Been trying all day. iPhone and iPad have same issue
  • coreyhawk
    coreyhawk Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    I just got in .
  • Dryden
    Dryden Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    I'm in the same boat as of about midday yesterday and am getting pretty frustrated mostly due to the timing. I didn't really carr about the last few events, but i was looking forward to my top 10 finish on EOTS which would put my Cyclops at 5/3/5. On top of that today's dpd isthe last Iron Fist cover i need to max him out. I've emailed support and am keeping my fingers crossed, but the timing of this popping up isalmost painful
  • Phumade
    Good news everyone.

This morning, my account seems to be working. I was able to play a match in DP Daily quest. Hopefully that means everything is fixed.

I'm asking for compensation, so I'll let you know how that goes.

In my case, my season score was over 12K with an avg of 1k per pvp. So I asked for a 4* cover for missing earth's mightiest hero.
    I also missed 2 subs of ETOS. There I'm asking for 2 ETOS tokens.
    I also missed 1 deadpool daily. That worth 2 tacos, and 5K min. I don't really need 3* covers so I just sell those for iso
    I also missed 1 full day of LR. That's worth 5Kiso imho.

I'm a little dissappointed that I didn't receive any emails that my account was fixed.

But honestly, I'm just glad they got it fixed in time for 4* cap. I usually compete for 1st place, so that would have been bad if I got **** for that pve.

Good luck to everyone else affected by this bug. I'll keep this thread updated if I learn anything new.
  • I have just started having this issue around an hour ago and I'm playing on the steam version of Marvel Puzzle Quest. From looking at previous responses in this thread, it doesn't seem much can be helped other than submitting a bug issue. I hope I can find an easy solution.
  • Phumade
    I have just started having this issue around an hour ago and I'm playing on the steam version of Marvel Puzzle Quest. From looking at previous responses in this thread, it doesn't seem much can be helped other than submitting a bug issue. I hope I can find an easy solution.

They are still working on the issue. Even though my game is now working, I don't think they have a good handle on the problem. The last email I got on the problem was.

D3 Go! Customer Support (AG) (D3 Go!)
    Aug 19, 15:58

Hello, everyone! We would like to update you. Currently, we are still investigating the issue, and will have another update for you tomorrow, with more substantial information.

Thank you all very, very much for your continued patience as we work to alleviate the issue.

IMPORTANT: Please refrain from responding to this message, as it will delay a resolution for the issue.

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,
    D3 Go! Customer Support Team (AJG)