D3 please change PVE into pure progressive rewards

slidecage
slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
D3 your company is coming to a crossroad and how you handle this will either make or break this company i belive unless something is changed very quickly.

I have been here going on 9 months and have defended more then once how PVE has been run, but now with getting almost every 3 star to fully max and no way good enough to even attempt to run up to 1000 pts in PVP the game is starting to really get stale. I will admit i have been one of the first to jump into the PVE brackets but held off and just jumped into the enemy of the state PVE today. After not playing this game for 4 day the PVE really turned me off and it really shows how PVE is not worth the time or the hassle. Now im not saying turn PVE into gaunlet cause that will kill the game faster then how the normal PVE is dying now.

You have to play a min of 3 to 4 hours just to make top 50 and you get what 50 HP.. You can jump into a PVP late play 1 to 2 hours and get twice or more HP

Turn the PVE into a pure progressive event like Ultron, now im not saying bring back the ultron event im saying bring back the Pt based thing ultron was based on. Sadly with more and more maxxing out their 3 star covers they no longer have any reason to play the game when they know they have no chance at taking 1-2 in PVE to get 4 star covers or getting 1000 pts in PVP

Heres another idea for people who have the 3 stars max why dont you run 2 PVES at once Same event .. This would be on a 3 star event

Event one
Top 10 get 3 covers
top 50 get 2 covers
top 150 get 1 cover as it stands now

Event two -- could even charge a min fee for joining this
Top 2 get 3 covers for 4 star
top 10 get 2 covers for 4 star
top 50 get 1 cover for 4 star

thats it.. yes less rewards but i think you would have less people in the brackets do to the fact those who want the 3 stars will go into the 3 star bracket while those who have the 3 stars max will go after the 4 stars

I mean if i have a 3 star fully covered there is no reason to play PVE, meaning more time i will be away from the game allowing me more time to find something new to play and then when i do come back and see how awful the grind is and slaps you in the face after being away for awhile, many will just say forget this and leave for good.

just saying with 3 stars almost all max and knowing i have no chance at taking top 1-2 in pve or PVP 1000 whats the point in even playing anymore.

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you have all 3* maxed, you should easily be making the 1K award. I climbed to 1000 in pool party with just loaner dp4, psylocke, Iron fist.

Make sure you choosing the popular shards and using your shields appropriately. 1K is a very trivial award for a 3* roster. I scored 1300 and that was only good for 28th place. I suspect that at least 100 people make 1K in just my pvp bracket.

Edit: Weekly buffs are easily making 3* rosters competitive in pvp. Is that enough to win a bracket? No. But there is no limitation to achieving 1k on a consistent basis.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    -but now with getting almost every 3 star to fully max
    -no way good enough to even attempt to run up to 1000 pts in PVP

These two statements are mutually exclusive.
  • slidecage
    Phumade wrote:
    If you have all 3* maxed, you should easily be making the 1K award. I climbed to 1000 in pool party with just loaner dp4, psylocke, Iron fist.

Make sure you choosing the popular shards and using your shields appropriately. 1K is a very trivial award for a 3* roster. I scored 1300 and that was only good for 28th place. I suspect that at least 100 people make 1K in just my pvp bracket.

Edit: Weekly buffs are easily making 3* rosters competitive in pvp. Is that enough to win a bracket? No. But there is no limitation to achieving 1k on a consistent basis.

when i say max i mean cover wise max (13 covers ) not really meaning level 166. Very few are making it to 1000 or over in my allanice
  • Phumade
    slidecage wrote:
    Phumade wrote:

when i say max i mean cover wise max (13 covers ) not really meaning level 166. Very few are making it to 1000 or over in my allanice

This is just you making a decision to prioritize PVE over PVP. Lvl 120 is very affordable on a F2P budget. 4 months ago, it would have been true that 1K was a harder target to achieve. I just think that your caught up in the idea that 1000 is some magical barrier that can only be achieved by Xmen, Crewsaders, or Villians.

While I haven't seen your roster/ISO/HP numbers, I'm pretty confident that you could exchange your roster with anyone who plays on a top 50 alliance, and they would have no issues with scoring 1K on a consistent basis.

I often hear people complain that its hard to build a roster that competes in both pve/pvp. But that is an excuse that just rings hollow. Its very easy to build a roster that competes equally well in both games. I suspect that if you actually polled the top 25 pvp alliances, they would say that the only reason PVE is hard is because it takes time and dedication to play. Very few of them would tell you that roster level development is what stops them from top 10 finishes.

I would really suggest looking into how people select shards, shield hop, and how to time climbs. You would be surprised at how easy it is to make 1K.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    -but now with getting almost every 3 star to fully max
    -no way good enough to even attempt to run up to 1000 pts in PVP

These two statements are mutually exclusive.

The only reason it's true is if you're in a bracket where the highest scoring person has 1300 by the last few hours.
    The Deadpool one currently running, the top scorer there has over 2000 in mine and the top ten are all over 1500. Getting to 1000 was relatively easy.
    The previous one, however, top guy was 1300, guy in tenth place was sitting at 1006. Granted I got to 999 before being mobbed so I was a little unlucky, but even so it was a struggle getting even that far.

It helps to pick the right slice, I find. Slice 1 and 5 seem to yield the best results.
  • Phumade

The only reason it's true is if you're in a bracket where the highest scoring person has 1300 by the last few hours.
    The Deadpool one currently running, the top scorer there has over 2000 in mine and the top ten are all over 1500. Getting to 1000 was relatively easy.
    The previous one, however, top guy was 1300, guy in tenth place was sitting at 1006. Granted I got to 999 before being mobbed so I was a little unlucky, but even so it was a struggle getting even that far.

It helps to pick the right slice, I find. Slice 1 and 5 seem to yield the best results.

Shard selection, Hop timing, and deciding when to make a climb are just as significant to scoring success as deciding on team composition, and boost/TU selection.

Its a shame that people don't recognize how much strategy is actually involved in pvp scoring. People make the task really easy or really hard on themselves.

The fact that people acknowledge the role of high scoring alliances in aiding 1K scores should really be a strong clue in helping them achieve those scores.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Slidecage **** his roster at 88, that's why he can't break 1K in PVP - it's his own choice.

And he has been moaning about the game dying in 6 months for 8 of the 9 months he's been here, just because HE doesn't like the way it's set up.

I tend to believe the devs have the better metrics for deciding what to run than him.

So move along, nothing new to see here, just the usual slidecage thread.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    D3 your company is coming to a crossroad and how you handle this will either make or break this company i belive unless something is changed very quickly.

Are you serious?? Cmon man. Quickly? You've seen their financials? You sir are a funny man.
  • ZommyGD
    ZommyGD Posts: 79 Match Maker
    I have an idea: Remove the PVE alliance placement rewards.
    Make only one single alliance progression reward, so this will encourage alliance members to work together, and eliminate the competition a bit.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Progression rewards only would be great. That way the rewards will go to the people who work for them. Not just 2/1000 people getting the reward in each bracket with a huge part of high scoring players losing out simply because they share a bracket.

Also they could balance the event so people can reach the rewards without scheduling their lives around the game, ie. if nodes close up after a certain amount of points not having to hit them every X hours. So you could still make players work for it but at a pace of the players choice.
  • slidecage
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Slidecage **** his roster at 88, that's why he can't break 1K in PVP - it's his own choice.

And he has been moaning about the game dying in 6 months for 8 of the 9 months he's been here, just because HE doesn't like the way it's set up.

I tend to believe the devs have the better metrics for deciding what to run than him.

So move along, nothing new to see here, just the usual slidecage thread.

im not the one demanding that PVE be turned into gaunlet. Fine then they should leave PVE the way it is and never bring gaunlet back cause everyone loves the way PVE is set up now

in my Pvp bracket 1 person broke 1000

im no longer 88 i was holding them back at 88 till i had enough ISO to pump at least 12 people up.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards

I came in 5th at 1225. I have also been in brackets where 1000 wouldn't get you top 50. Since the scoring tweaks last spring, 1K has been a speed bump.

Level that roster. Sheesh.

"The only thing standing between you and your goal is the same bull—— story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it."

Slidecage, i was in the same boat not too long ago. had never hit 1k, no matter how hard i tried, and that is with 30+ fully covered 3*'s.. (still need a few million iso) and only around 10 @ 166 , been soft capping at 140 on others.

Then forumites like aesthetocys (quoted above) and others, gave me real feedback and tangible helpful roster advice. Guess what, i hit 1k 4 consecutive times last season, after having done it 0 times total prior. Listen to those trying to help.. throw pride away, level your characters, heed their advice, there is a whole nother game waiting for you.. but you have to actually transition.

Create an online roster, put it in your sig, that way we can give better feedback and help you. 1k is not as hard as you think, but without leveling characters, you will be stuck in brackets like my tablet is, no-one hits 1k in those, simply because, they are brackets for transitioners, 2* rosters.
  • slidecage
    slidecage wrote:
    ... they should leave PVE the way it is and never bring gaunlet back cause everyone loves the way PVE is set up now

icon_eek.gificon_e_confused.gificon_eek.gificon_e_confused.gificon_eek.gif

icon_lol.gif

icon_rolleyes.gif

slidecage wrote:
    in my Pvp bracket 1 person broke 1000

You're basing your observations on "noob" brackets???

I came in 5th at 1225. I have also been in brackets where 1000 wouldn't get you top 50. Since the scoring tweaks last spring, 1K has been a speed bump.

Level that roster. Sheesh.

"The only thing standing between you and your goal is the same bull—— story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it."

EDIT to add: OK, had some fun with your thread. Here's some seriousness.

1. You many or may not have realized that, in general, characters of different star.png tiers are not equal at the same level? That is, if all at level 88, star.pngstar.png s beat star.pngstar.pngstar.png s beat star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png s ? By not leveling those star.pngstar.pngstar.png s you cut them all off at the knees. And a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png at level 88 is a complete invalid.

2. You are in a primarily PvE alliance. There is a long-running misconception that leveling characters drives scaling. It's just that, a misconception. Improved performance drives scaling. Naturally your performance improves as your roster improves (unless you like to take dives...), so scaling goes up to try to keep you challenged. Don't worry about increased scaling. Just play the game. I can't imagine playing the game with my entire roster soft-capped. It's like a divorced parent taking a pay cut to "save" on child support. You're giving up a mountain over a molehill.

3. Because PvP is built around an ELO Chess-inspired scoring model, no one climbs in a vacuum. The main reason you can't reach your goals (other than your underleveled roster...) is because you apparently aren't in the big boy brackets yet. Level that roster and play PvP up to your equilibrium point. Max a few star.pngstar.pngstar.png s and you'll break through in no time. A whole new world .... full of big fat 70pt qs. Bigger, meaner looking teams to, but you'll learn to take them down.

4. Instead of posting complaints, ask the forum for advice. You'll get an eyeful!

another problems is how 4 stars are coming. they really need to drop 2 stars from PVE.. with 2 4 stars min coming every month that is 2000 HP per month needed just to keep up even more if they push 4 stars harder
  • teef1
    teef1 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Malcrof is exactly right. I also had never hit 1k before in a PVP tournament up until a couple weeks ago. But, I lurked and listened to the same advice that was given by all the helpful people here, and I also finished the season with four straight 1k rewards!

I don't even have a single 3 star at level 166 yet! I didn't think the advice would apply to me until I saw lukewin talking about hitting 1k regularly, and like me, his highest 3 star was level 140.

I think there's a widely-held perception that the gap between having your 3 stars maxed and starting to win 4 stars is insurmountable. It's not. It's just a perception and it's wrong. If you had told me two weeks ago that I could do it, I wouldn't have believed you. But it's absolutely possible. You just have to listen to the advice and make it happen. It's totally worth the effort and has re-energized the game for me.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:

If that is the case, getting your roster to 166 should be your focus. Now, if you want to argue that the flow of ISO is way too slow, I completely agree. But, it is very different from arguing 1000 points is unattainable for a truly maxed 3* roster.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    They really need to drop 2 stars from PVE..

There's a whole level of player that this solution doesn't work for.
  • slidecage wrote:

another problems is how 4 stars are coming. they really need to drop 2 stars from PVE.. with 2 4 stars min coming every month that is 2000 HP per month needed just to keep up even more if they push 4 stars harder

Nope.

Dropping 2 stars from PVE essentials is just making things that much harder on newer players, I know I wouldn't be playing currently had I not been able to hit the 2 star essential nodes regularly to try and earn new 3 star covers.

No one is making you chase 4 stars, if you don't have the HP to slot them.
  • slidecage
    Haetron wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

Nope.

Dropping 2 stars from PVE essentials is just making things that much harder on newer players, I know I wouldn't be playing currently had I not been able to hit the 2 star essential nodes regularly to try and earn new 3 star covers.

No one is making you chase 4 stars, if you don't have the HP to slot them.

Yes there is cause that 4 star will be reqired on other PVE meaning you will need them
  • slidecage
    slidecage wrote:

Blow right by constructive advice and try to hijack your own thread. A new low and so much for my 4th point. Le sigh.
    teef1 wrote:
    I don't even have a single 3 star at level 166 yet! I didn't think the advice would apply to me until I saw lukewin talking about hitting 1k regularly, and like me, his highest 3 star was level 140.

... I think there's a widely-held perception that the gap between having your 3 stars maxed and starting to win 4 stars is insurmountable. It's not. It's just a perception and it's wrong. If you had told me two weeks ago that I could do it, I wouldn't have believed you. But it's absolutely possible. You just have to listen to the advice and make it happen. It's totally worth the effort and has re-energized the game for me.

Absolutely right! Too much is made of max leveling characters. Yes, it's nice to have them "done", but the difference in power is negligible. Until recently, for a year, I had only 2 maxed 3 star.png s, a couple in the 140s, Hood at 150ish, Spidey at 159 (never used for high end PvP tho), and everyone else spread from 90 to 120. I had an XFW at 199, eventually leveled to 222.

With that roster I was able to hit 1000 every event, usually finished top 5, and averaged around 1200. 1300 wasn't a problem so long as I wasn't in a "dry" slice. That was with being pretty spendy on shields. But if 1K is your goal, a roster of 130s-ish 3 star.png s can hit 1K on 2-4 shields, often only 2 if starting late and in a decent slice.

It isn't the level of the roster, it's what you do with it!

was not trying to blow past your advice im just saying how many people are going to keep pushing 2,000 HP or more into this game per month just to have the slots to hold all of the people.

people could say well if you play PVE somewhat you should not have that much problems making that level per month, BUT how many people want to keep grinding just for 50 HP per day when you have no use for the covers. This wont effect me for at least 6 month since i have around 10 slots open with almost 10,000 HP saved just saying how many people who can not make the top 1000 pts in PVP or make top 2 in PVE to get 4 star covers will be willing to just keep grinding every day just to make that 2000 HP just to have enough to cover the slots..

Those who say you dont need to chance those 4 stars, Yes you do cause if you dont have the 4 star you will be missing out on one of the ess nods.

Long story short got to wonder how many people who have their 3 stars fully coverd but cant make 4 stars that well , how long will they stay here since your not really going anywhere anymore.
  • If you play enough, getting a 4 star for an essential isn't that difficult. You got the PVP 1000 reward, you got the single PVE reward and the alliance PVE reward. The problem is getting the essential if you missed the PVE and PVP portion. Then you are boned icon_e_sad.gif