Do you think this is fun for us?

Yeah, that's right, fun. Is it?

Giving me a team in the Deadpool PvE of levels 320 when the best I can put together is 240/240/166. Then making one of those level 320 a Prof X. Then giving that team THREE match fives in a row, and destroying my 240 before I got a second move. Game over, and I hadn't even got started.

Where is the fun in that? I lose three health packs regenning my team, the boosts used to try and have a chance at winning, and no fun at all.

Not the first time, this evening's play has been awful, watching the enemy teams shoot off multiple special moves time and time again while I match up team up tiles as that's all I get. And watching those team-up tiles offer the team match fours.

Come on, This really is silly. Now, I know this is a common rant, and I know folks will say its all anecdotal, and it swings both ways. But I have been playing this game for 8 months and never did I get three match fives in a row. I would remember that. Bet when I get my Prof X maxed (in 2017) I don't ever see a game like that. Grrr...

Comments

• puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    It sounds like AI is running amok. May I suggest a cooling period over at prologue for 5 minutes to let AI finish its run? icon_lol.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Twombley wrote:
    Then making one of those level 320 a Prof X. Then giving that team THREE match fives in a row, and destroying my 240 before I got a second move. Game over, and I hadn't even got started.
    That's the RNG telling you you were supposed to whale up your Jean to 5 blue covers.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    You young'uns are spoiled.

This is nowhere near as difficult as the Super NES Contra final boss
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    evil panda wrote:

I'll be back to tell you what a light weight you are right I finish beating Dracula in the first Castlevania without a game genie.
  • djdv81
    djdv81 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    snlf25 wrote:
    evil panda wrote:

I'll be back to tell you what a light weight you are right I finish beating Dracula in the first Castlevania without a game genie.

I know EXACTLY how frustrating Dracula was........it sucked to waste all of that time, skillfully beat all the other bosses, and lose to Dracula. I remember trying to use the holy water on his head and then run out of lives. It was bad enough just trying to get the game to play (blowing the game, pushing another game on top of it so it can sit right, lol), those were the days. Props to you for beating him though. icon_eek.gif
  • And now I'm laughing, so you guys made it ok for me.

Bless all y'all!
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    I just got hit by 3 match 5s in a row followed by so many powers due to all the ap they gained from the resulting cascade. I still felt it was fair compared to back when gsbw had a green feeder
  • No, forget that cr*p.

Just tried THREE times to beat 132/133/132 Iron Fist, ant man and scarlet witch on 'easy mode' with 260/260/150 doom, cyclops, Ares.

Slaugheterd each time by cascades. Again, I don't get a speacial move off. Pure awful. I mean, seriously? They are HALF THE LEVEL.

They are taking down characters with 13,000 hit points without me being able to retaliate. Over and over again. And I had a full AP boost each time. Wasted.

Ah, this is making me cross, and that is not fun. Am beginning to hate this game, which means soon I will take a walk and go do somethg better. Nothing is changing, this has gone in for months.

My only cascades come at the end of battles when they are useless. Kick in the teeth.
  • i use the hood, cyclops, and ironfist on that one , agree completely about how annoying Switch+IF+antman team
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    Twombley wrote:
    'easy mode'
    This pisses me off. In easy mode, it should be near impossible to lose, and in near one in three matches, I either lose or I survive with one or two characters down. That is no native speaker's definition of easy. Normal isn't even a fair description.

It's a minor point, but redefining the level difficulty would save some **** and be pretty easy to do.
  • puppychow
    Twombley wrote:
    No, forget that cr*p.

Just tried THREE times to beat 132/133/132 Iron Fist, ant man and scarlet witch on 'easy mode' with 260/260/150 doom, cyclops, Ares.

Try Cage, Laken w/ Ares. You need a FAST DAMAGE team on that one. Target IF first, SW second, AM last.
  • puppychow
    i use the hood, cyclops, and ironfist on that one , agree completely about how annoying Switch+IF+antman team

umm... I'm pretty sure you can't bring in IF against an IF team. icon_twisted.gificon_lol.gif
  • icon_lol.gif You gonna have more fun in sub 2.
  • errr i mean hood+cyke+IF against PX+nick+GSBW node lol, still don't have idea about ares essential(annoying as hell)
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got a random cascade that resulted in 3 match 5s yesterday, of course i was fighting a 350 JG in PVP, so... yeah
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    I watched a mega-cascade this morning in the Elektra node that fed her enough red to cast Ballet of Death three consecutive times (that is, she cast it, when it got matched away, she just immediately cast it again). Pretty near through my phone across the room. Oh, and this was AFTER Panther had already cast his yellow, so the cascade & the Ballet were both enhanced by his strike tiles. I think that sequence of events peeled 10,000 HP off Doom before I gave up & retreated.

The essential nodes have been bloody annoying in this event. I've been losing them about 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 attempts. That's unheard of in other events. And I have a full power Ares and a fairly strong Doom (1/4/5, his purple can one-shot anyone when properly timed).
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    The upward scaling effects everyone negatively.

The advantage you guys have (even with the ENTIRELY ridiculous scaling) is having a larger roster of other fully covered characters who could jump in, (like lokis level doesn't matter for any of his skills, but when he's the strongest of whos available for me, it's kinda moot)

Like it almost makes me not want the 4 stars. This is a game about super heros that need to never get stronger.

Even without cascades my team gets annihilated by things like a lucky nick fury demolition.

In fact I'm already out of health packs without a full grind, and I'm sitting at 98 wondering if I even have a shot at a cover with a half hour left, no kingpin and an upward struggle vs these nodes. The top 10 in my bracket are all at least 5k past final reward, and I've been optimal and I'm 18000 of the 19000.

The ares node REALLY shoes antmans strengths. (constant whittling damage, creating damage tiles, creating traps that create strike tiles and a PRETTY damn decent health pool, scarlets 'lol why not put a pretty little purplecrit.png here doesn't help lol)
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    puppychow wrote:
    Twombley wrote:
    No, forget that cr*p.

Try Cage, Laken w/ Ares. You need a FAST DAMAGE team on that one. Target IF first, SW second, AM last.

Having not faced AM much, I wasn't really thinking about his synergies with SW and to lesser extent IF. I actually wiped the first time as well.

Then I got smart, and brought Cyclops and most importantly Loki to pair with Ares. I target AM first, SW second and IF third. It was a piece of cake every time with that combo.

Honestly, boosted Cyclops is the PVE Hero of this run of Deadpool vs. MPQ. And Loki is, as always, the Trickster God of Mischief.

It's not ALWAYS about who covers their PX or HB first my friends - roster diversity is where it's at on events like these.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:
    Twombley wrote:
    No, forget that cr*p.

You don't want to use Cage Vs Antman, one blue cast and you're giving them a new protect tile for 3-5 turns