Deadpool pve event is a 4 day event!

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    I'm excited for this one too.

Those that want Ultron type of release for 4 stars will be the ones who will complain that the first 3 levels of Ultron got beat by their alliance before they even got to play their first round, so they missed out on rewards... etc. They will complain that the wrong Essentials were chosen for the 2 nodes that contain Ultron Token Rewards. They'll also complain because their alliance wasn't one of the 2 that will complete the last level of Ultron and get all 3 covers.

If they release it as pure progression, there will be people who will complain that they set the progression so high that the only way to get that many points is to grind optimally for the entire event or never hit top progression. They will set progression based on past event scores, and those scores are based on insane grinding.

What you 'want' and what you would actually get are never the same thing. The grass is not greener on the other side.

Honestly Malcrof is right, no matter what the devs do, it will never make the complainers happy. Even when they try to implement the suggestions, they will not have 'done it right'.

This is an event that is NOT 7 days long, is for a 4* release, is against a wide range of enemies, has only 2 subs so you only have to grind twice if you feel the need... and people are still whining because ... well ... because they must.

Lets have a one day event with one node, that never scales above level 10, and you win the 4 star reward just for playing, whether you win or lose.

this is why i would love to see them release a Single player ultron. Make ultron around 10,000 per level or so... people are not whining because of the grind. its because YOU MUST BE HERE EVERY 8 hours or you will lose since the pts will be very very close.

if i play once and then miss the refresh by even 2 hours. I will miss 3 full resets
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    slidecage wrote:
    JVReal wrote:

Those that want Ultron type of release for 4 stars will be the ones who will complain that the first 3 levels of Ultron got beat by their alliance before they even got to play their first round, so they missed out on rewards... etc. They will complain that the wrong Essentials were chosen for the 2 nodes that contain Ultron Token Rewards. They'll also complain because their alliance wasn't one of the 2 that will complete the last level of Ultron and get all 3 covers.

If they release it as pure progression, there will be people who will complain that they set the progression so high that the only way to get that many points is to grind optimally for the entire event or never hit top progression. They will set progression based on past event scores, and those scores are based on insane grinding.

What you 'want' and what you would actually get are never the same thing. The grass is not greener on the other side.

Honestly Malcrof is right, no matter what the devs do, it will never make the complainers happy. Even when they try to implement the suggestions, they will not have 'done it right'.

This is an event that is NOT 7 days long, is for a 4* release, is against a wide range of enemies, has only 2 subs so you only have to grind twice if you feel the need... and people are still whining because ... well ... because they must.

Lets have a one day event with one node, that never scales above level 10, and you win the 4 star reward just for playing, whether you win or lose.

this is why i would love to see them release a Single player ultron. Make ultron around 10,000 per level or so... people are not whining because of the grind. its because YOU MUST BE HERE EVERY 8 hours or you will lose since the pts will be very very close.

if i play once and then miss the refresh by even 2 hours. I will miss 3 full resets
    How are you missing 3 full resets? With a 48 hour sub, there are 6 full clears possible followed by a final grind. In a perfect scenario (always on time, takes 0 minutes to do a full clear), the points you can get is 9.5 times a full clear.

Most grinders should theoretically be able to fit in the 6 full clears prior to grind. The difference, then is determined in that final grind, which is 3.5 times a full clear.. The following things factor into your final grind points: how long a full clear takes you and how far off schedule you are. When you start the final grind matters as well, but that should be determined by how long a clear takes you.

If you stay perfectly on schedule, and it takes you 30 minutes per clear, you should be able to get 3.28125 times a full clear. If you were an hour off schedule (last full clear started 7 hours before end instead of 8), you should be able to get 3.15625 times a full clear. These calculations assume that you go through the nodes in the same order, which shouldn't be the case, so you should actually be able to get a little more than that if you grind low to high.

While the scores will be very close, you will not miss 3 full resets if you are two hours off, unless I misunderstood and you are saying you will be two hours off every single time.
  • slidecage
    slidecage wrote:
    JVReal wrote:

How are you missing 3 full resets? With a 48 hour sub, there are 6 full clears possible followed by a final grind. In a perfect scenario (always on time, takes 0 minutes to do a full clear), the points you can get is 9.5 times a full clear.

Most grinders should theoretically be able to fit in the 6 full clears prior to grind. The difference, then is determined in that final grind, which is 3.5 times a full clear.. The following things factor into your final grind points: how long a full clear takes you and how far off schedule you are. When you start the final grind matters as well, but that should be determined by how long a clear takes you.

If you stay perfectly on schedule, and it takes you 30 minutes per clear, you should be able to get 3.28125 times a full clear. If you were an hour off schedule (last full clear started 7 hours before end instead of 8), you should be able to get 3.15625 times a full clear. These calculations assume that you go through the nodes in the same order, which shouldn't be the case, so you should actually be able to get a little more than that if you grind low to high.

While the scores will be very close, you will not miss 3 full resets if you are two hours off, unless I misunderstood and you are saying you will be two hours off every single time.

yea 2 to 3 hours off each time (though could just do another grind and be short the pts that way)

say if your late at the start of every 8 hour by 2

noon start 8 pm would be next (you dont play till 10) then 6am would be nexxt you cant play till 8 ect ect ect
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    slidecage wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    JVReal wrote:

yea 2 to 3 hours off each time (though could just do another grind and be short the pts that way)

say if your late at the start of every 8 hour by 2

noon start 8 pm would be next (you dont play till 10) then 6am would be nexxt you cant play till 8 ect ect ect

That makes more sense. I assumed you would slip by two hours overall, not play every 10 hours instead of every 8.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Since 4*s shouldn't be next to impossible to get now that they are becoming the new 3s, why not give people two chances to get a new 4* character? Have a 4-day PVE and a two-week Ultron/Growth Industry?

The hardworkers can get multiple covers, but both camps will have a shot at at least one.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't understand complaining about how close the top 10 scores will be - while in the same breath stating that you only shoot for top 50. For that matter, I don't get complaining about the scores being close at all. If it's going to be competitive, make it competitive.

:shrug:

I'm thrilled with this setup.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just want to know whats the optimal way to do a 48 hour sub.

The nick fury and a few others gave me trouble but I did a full clear besides kingpin and have around 2950, (3070 for the event) (king pin is 370 more)
    I'm 297 and its been less then 8 hours.

The top score is 8923. top ten ranges from 6327 to 8923.

I feel Like I'm missing something. I'd say they didn't know what they were doing or whatever, but all of them have stronger rosters (like one #2 dude has a fully covered jean at level 170)

What exactly are they doing?
    By my math # 1 has roughly 2.5 clears.
    bottom of top 10 2.

Are they doing 2 full clears, then waiting 16 hours? Or what?
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:

The nick fury and a few others gave me trouble but I did a full clear besides kingpin and have around 2950, (3070 for the event) (king pin is 370 more)

I feel Like I'm missing something. I'd say they didn't know what they were doing or whatever, but all of them have stronger rosters (like one #2 dude has a fully covered jean at level 170)

bottom of top 10 2.

Some people like to do the "double tap", 2 full clears right away. I do it too when I can. I can't play in the morning or during work, so if I do two full clears before bed then I don't have to worry about it for 16 hours. It's not optimal. People doing 8 hour clears will pass me, but it's better than the alternative for me which is to just miss a full clear.
  • GurlBYE
    udonomefoo wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:

bottom of top 10 2.

Some people like to do the "double tap", 2 full clears right away. I do it too when I can. I can't play in the morning or during work, so if I do two full clears before bed then I don't have to worry about it for 16 hours. It's not optimal. People doing 8 hour clears will pass me, but it's better than the alternative for me which is to just miss a full clear.
    Ok thanks, makes sense now. I was kinda already dreading that I was in 300th place and less then 1/16th of the event happened lol.

As long as I can catch up and hopefully get nearish to 50 I'll be happy.
    But in realism land, they can do clears faster and more effectively then me, so fingers crossed.
  • slidecage
    GurlBYE wrote:

bottom of top 10 2.

i say depends on your playing if you know you will be late 2 to 3 hours from a refresh do 2 swipes at once.. if you have time you could always play 1 full swipe and then wait maybe 1 to 2 hours or 3 or 4 and do another swip.. Yes the people who do every 8 hours will score more then you but you will score more then someone who does 2 swipes back to back.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Don't go crazy w/ scoreboard watching during the first sub. People will double tap due to schedule conflicts preventing players from clearing at 8 hour intervals. Once the first sub is finished, THEN you'll have a better idea of your shot at getting a DP cover.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Be thankful for double tappers if your going for top 10.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Having finally started this event, I can see that it will quite heal pack intensive to grind the first sub. Not sure if I can afford it. icon_redface.gif
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    That node with Jean Gray... thankful it's a one hit wonder node... on turn two I got a cascade that gave me 3 match 5's... OUCH! Barely won it.

And that KP Essential, I take out KK first, since Starlord drops his tile that reduces AP cost, and then Vision Spams his moves since they are now 3 ap each, causing KK to heal everyone almost every turn...

I used SW to keep a CD tile on the board, and IF for black generation for KP's poke and to generate consistent damage every turn with his attack tile to try and counter KK's healing.

Overall, I am enjoying this event.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    That node with Jean Gray... thankful it's a one hit wonder node... on turn two I got a cascade that gave me 3 match 5's... OUCH! Barely won it.

And that KP Essential, I take out KK first, since Starlord drops his tile that reduces AP cost, and then Vision Spams his moves since they are now 3 ap each, causing KK to heal everyone almost every turn...

I used SW to keep a CD tile on the board, and IF for black generation for KP's poke and to generate consistent damage every turn with his attack tile to try and counter KK's healing.

Overall, I am enjoying this event.

Same, really like some of the teams i am fighting.. found an odd amazing combo in QS/DD (qs loves moving reds into place for me to match trap tiles) and aoe's going off all over the place from QS while powering billy club.. toss in Hood for fun, and something to do with those yellows you steal every turn.

Points-wise, just did a full point clear after my 2 last night.. went from #76 to #4.. going to be a mad close points bracket.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof wrote:
    Points-wise, just did a full point clear after my 2 last night.. went from #76 to #4.. going to be a mad close points bracket.

You're in my bracket....we gon' get em! GO TEAM VENTURE!!

*Annnnddddd...nevermind. I just now realized the Bagman node is repeatable. I missed that node on my 2nd clear and my 3rd clear, for about ~600 points. Couple that with the fact that I had to start my 2nd clear about 20 minutes early or risk falling asleep while playing, and I'm pretty sure top 10 is impossible for me. Yay, Story mode! icon_evil.gif
  • Xenoberyll wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    If 7 day events anger you, and now 4 day events anger you.. **** do you want?

i'd like it to be progression rewards only

i appreciate the new schedule though. at least they did something.
    ^This. Therefore, I'm not competing & I'm OK with that.
  • GurlBYE
    I'm pretty much stuck crossing my fingers because I have no kingpin and have had no way to access one.

4 star essentials for a new 4 star is part of that argument someone had about people playing the longest having the best chance. I wouldn't mind the essentials being star based as opposed to specific character.

At least the nodes are fun (Some are stupid, but I won't complain too much, better then a juggernaut WAY past level 40) and the progression rewards are useful characters.
  • I'm clearing all the nodes except for Kingpin, playing almost optimally and I'm Top 100. It's not a bloodbath... Yet.
  • slidecage
    Breezy wrote:
    I'm clearing all the nodes except for Kingpin, playing almost optimally and I'm Top 100. It's not a bloodbath... Yet.

i forgot to look at my bracket when i first started the 2nd stage but

I had around 20k and was good enough to take at least 32 (i was an hour late from the start so not sure how many played)

First nod stage 1 was 200
    first nod stage 2 is 300

about a 33% jump if that is the same for all nods.... Can anyone confirm FULL REFRESH ON ANY ESS NODE stage 1 ... Stage 2 is 555 pts

pts in stage 2
    430 (very easy stage as you get to use deadpool
    555 pain in the butt final stage agaist deadpool,hulk.dino

Ess are 555 each

I figure if its a 33% jump across the board 20k =[ 10k=[ 30 K meaning if i can get around 30K i should take top 50