Deadpool pve event is a 4 day event!

nwman
nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
edited August 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Thank you!

Edit : okay 2 48 hour subs so a 4 day event. But it takes place over 5 days.

Comments

• JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    It's technically four days, though. Even better! 2 48 hour subs? All of my gratitude, one of the most laid back events they've ever done and definitely one of my favourites.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    JordonLee wrote:
    It's technically four days, though. Even better! 2 48 hour subs? All of my gratitude, one of the most laid back events they've ever done and definitely one of my favourites.

Very awful way to run a 4 star. should of been 4 24 hour nodes.. 2 48 hour nodes the pts are going to be so freaking close its not even going to be funny

Now your forced to play START Play right at the 8 hour mark each time or you will be screwed.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    JordonLee wrote:

Very awful way to run a 4 star. should of been 4 24 hour nodes.. 2 48 hour nodes the pts are going to be so freaking close its not even going to be funny

Now your forced to play START Play right at the 8 hour mark each time or you will be screwed.

Can't please everyone, but thankfully, this does please most. What makes this different from any other PVE where a 4* is being released? All of those, you have to play optimally as well, unless you've been getting some very easy brackets.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    slidecage wrote:
    JordonLee wrote:

Can we bring back downvoting just for this one post, please? You can take it back afterwards.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    See, my biggest gripe isn't the fact that Deadpool (4) covers are limited to Top 100 finishers. My gripe is that there's this little tinykitty band for the Kamala Khan yellow. 101-150. Need her cover? Miss it because too many people are trying for that Deadpool?

Aw, so sad. Here, if you finish in the next TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY PLACES we'll give you a Wolverine you probably don't need.

Seriously, D3? throw me a bone here.
  • slidecage
    lukewin wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    JordonLee wrote:

Can't please everyone, but thankfully, this does please most. What makes this different from any other PVE where a 4* is being released? All of those, you have to play optimally as well, unless you've been getting some very easy brackets.

nope with 24 hour bracket you can hit all nodes twice (puts you at 16 hours ) then come back and grind 2 to 3 hours after the full refresh this will get you top 50 all of the time cause your losing out on very few pts on a 7 day event.

48 hour bracket have always beent tougher. I always hit 50 Hp on 24 hour events doing this.. I have Never hit a top 50 (getting 100 coins) on a 48 hour event doing this.

16 hour 16 hour then grind at end .....

Best i hope is say start at 2pm est

2pm thursday hit all nodes twice (pushes me to 6am Friday) hit nodes once at 7am (pushes me to 3pm) hit all nodes twice pushes me to 7am and then Grind...

Lucky i take top 150 over top 100... I take a yellow Kahn what i can use anyday over a deadpool i would never use or max

watch and see how close pts will be.. I say less then 7k will be between 10th and 100th where today its well over 80k
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    See, my biggest gripe isn't the fact that Deadpool (4) covers are limited to Top 100 finishers. My gripe is that there's this little tinykitty band for the Kamala Khan yellow. 101-150. Need her cover? Miss it because too many people are trying for that Deadpool?

Aw, so sad. Here, if you finish in the next TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY PLACES we'll give you a Wolverine you probably don't need.

Seriously, D3? throw me a bone here.
    HEAR HEAR!

I'll probably just sit this one out, as my work commitments for the next several days will wreck my play opportunities anyway, but this '3* consolation prize' setup for 4* releases is really awful. The 4* chasers tend to pull the event scores way up, and that trickles down into at least the 120'ish range. Those of us who don't want to chase the 4* aren't left with much way to at least win the 3*.

I keep saying it, maybe one day a dev will take notice and pity-implement it: separate brackets for 4* prizes and 3* prizes. You choose at event start what you're playing for, and after confirmation, that's it. It lets everyone pursue the prizes they want without feeling like they're getting in the other group's way. Please? Pretty please?
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    JordonLee wrote:

A 5 day 4 night no expenses paid trip to Grindy Town.

I saw the end date but I will indeed be playing this event on 5 different days. Start Thursday and final grind on Monday. I wasn't sure the format but I'll take the 48 hour subs!!
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Predicting an enormous clump at the top with only 2 end grinds in the event. Unless you luck into an easy slice, awards will be decided on who can play at the perfect time the most and the fastest. Being the weekend makes this even worse. There's no way to catch up like you could in the Hulk PVE (where once the weekend warriors lost their advantage after the first few subs, the cream could rise to the top again).
  • slidecage
    Daiches wrote:
    Predicting an enormous clump at the top with only 2 end grinds in the event. Unless you luck into an easy slice, awards will be decided on who can play at the perfect time the most and the fastest. Being the weekend makes this even worse. There's no way to catch up like you could in the Hulk PVE (where once the weekend warriors lost their advantage after the first few subs, the cream could rise to the top again).

you forgot who will spend the most will win as well and who is willing to grind NODES DOWN TO 1 will win.. one my nodes get below 100 i dont see worth the time of grinding

and almost everyone will have the needed 3 ess nodes

Kingpin some may had problems getting
    Doom everyone should have
    ARES again everyone will have

also expect major grinding with Doom pumped and ARES pumped these matches should be short.. My Doom right now even at level 90 does 700 damage per pink just think of the damage does if your at 166 and pumped

heres hoping for a PINK PROGRESSION monday for Kahn (watch it be green what i already have 5 of) i think i would rather have a Yellow kahn over a deadpool anyday

Kahn should of been 101 to 200

4 star events

1 to 100 4 star
    101 to 200 3 star
    200 to 300 2 star
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    DFiPL wrote:

See, you're looking at this the wrong way, buddy. If a player needs that KK cover, it means he has a reason to shoot for top 150 placement. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    nwman wrote:
    JordonLee wrote:

A 5 day 4 night no expenses paid trip to Grindy Town.

I saw the end date but I will indeed be playing this event on 5 different days. Start Thursday and final grind on Monday. I wasn't sure the format but I'll take the 48 hour subs!!

Taking a guess here, but I believe: a) D3 wants to see participation rate of the playerbase for a 4 day event compared to 7 to determine which is preferred; b) D3 recognizes that having 24 hour subs over the weekend may prove too disruptive on players' personal lives (if they attend religious service or take kids out to the park for example).

To me, as a competitive pve player, 4 day events w/ two 48 hour subs are HARDER to compete in, because I believe a higher playerbase will be able to schedule their time to play the event optimally. People fall behind when they can't stick to 8 hour refresh schedule; this will be less of a concern w/ 48 hour subs.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches wrote:
    Posts like this always fascinate me, it's like looking into a parallel world.

In all PVEs I've played competitively there were always, without fail, at least two people more than reward spots - 12 people going for t10, 7 people going for t5, etc.
    And those guys _always_ managed to clear on the clock. No overclearing, no double-clearing, nothing.
    I really wish I would get one of these mythical brackets where you can afford to NOT play optimally for the whole duration and still come out with all 3 covers.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, 7 day events for a new release, the forums get angry and try to internet maim the devs.. so they give us a 4 day event for a 4*... the forums get angry and...

there is no pleasing anyone is there?

All new releases are grind-fests.. if you are not up for it, pray for a late bracket.

If 7 day events anger you, and now 4 day events anger you.. **** do you want?
  • slidecage
    Malcrof wrote:
    So, 7 day events for a new release, the forums get angry and try to internet maim the devs.. so they give us a 4 day event for a 4*... the forums get angry and...

All new releases are grind-fests.. if you are not up for it, pray for a late bracket.

Ultron icon_e_smile.gif

or 24 hour nodes
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof wrote:

i'd like it to be progression rewards only

i appreciate the new schedule though. at least they did something.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:

4 day event with 24h subs. 4 day event with 48h subs is more like a 2-day event.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof wrote:

Agree. I for one am super excited about this. Deadpool looks like a winner, and is one of my favorite Marvel characters to boot. And in order to win him, all I have to do is grind out 2 subs and hit my clears on time, and in an event where you're fighting people other than Ares/Daken/Rags/Venom in every single node? Yes please! Give me this format all day long vs mind-numbing 7 day crawls with 2-3 hour grinds EVERYDAY.

This event is fun. The dialogue is funny, the fights are varied, there is only 2 soul sucking, end-of-sub grinds to complete...what more do we want? "The scores are going to be all clustered together!" For realsies? What brackets have y'all been in where the scores weren't all clumped up for a new character release?

If you really think about where most of the hatred for Story events stems (daily long grinds for x days straight, constant dark avenger fights, goons feeding chars free AP), and then think about this event, you'll see that Deadpool vs MPQ has almost none of them. We need to encourage stuff like this, because while its not perfect, its 1,000,000x better than the two awful 7-day slogs we all just suffered through.
  • slidecage
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Agree. I for one am super excited about this. Deadpool looks like a winner, and is one of my favorite Marvel characters to boot. And in order to win him, all I have to do is grind out 2 subs and hit my clears on time, and in an event where you're fighting people other than Ares/Daken/Rags/Venom in every single node? Yes please! Give me this format all day long vs mind-numbing 7 day crawls with 2-3 hour grinds EVERYDAY.

This event is fun. The dialogue is funny, the fights are varied, there is only 2 soul sucking, end-of-sub grinds to complete...what more do we want? "The scores are going to be all clustered together!" For realsies? What brackets have y'all been in where the scores weren't all clumped up for a new character release?

If you really think about where most of the hatred for Story events stems (daily long grinds for x days straight, constant dark avenger fights, goons feeding chars free AP), and then think about this event, you'll see that Deadpool vs MPQ has almost none of them. We need to encourage stuff like this, because while its not perfect, its 1,000,000x better than the two awful 7-day slogs we all just suffered through.

there has been at least a 10 to 12k from first to 10 in my last 2 4 star brackets..I expect less then 2k from 1 to 10....

why did you say the last 7 day event was awful. I love to see more of them (what will never happen) play the first 4 nodes once and then Ess twice (takes little less then hour -- keep moving round) then log in 16 hours later play ess to under 120 pts and hit the 3 first nodes to under 100

boom top 50 each time. i take that anyday (2 hours a day playing for top 50 easy)
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm excited for this one too.

Those that want Ultron type of release for 4 stars will be the ones who will complain that the first 3 levels of Ultron got beat by their alliance before they even got to play their first round, so they missed out on rewards... etc. They will complain that the wrong Essentials were chosen for the 2 nodes that contain Ultron Token Rewards. They'll also complain because their alliance wasn't one of the 2 that will complete the last level of Ultron and get all 3 covers.

If they release it as pure progression, there will be people who will complain that they set the progression so high that the only way to get that many points is to grind optimally for the entire event or never hit top progression. They will set progression based on past event scores, and those scores are based on insane grinding.

What you 'want' and what you would actually get are never the same thing. The grass is not greener on the other side.

Honestly Malcrof is right, no matter what the devs do, it will never make the complainers happy. Even when they try to implement the suggestions, they will not have 'done it right'.

This is an event that is NOT 7 days long, is for a 4* release, is against a wide range of enemies, has only 2 subs so you only have to grind twice if you feel the need... and people are still whining because ... well ... because they must.

Lets have a one day event with one node, that never scales above level 10, and you win the 4 star reward just for playing, whether you win or lose.