If devs won't get rid of 20 ISO then

Options
2»

Comments

• It always makes me laugh when I read, "abuse of prologue" comments...

Ever tried to level up a 3* or 4*?

Sorry, but I'm having trouble seeing how raising the ridiculously low 20ISO rewards turns into a massive run on people "abusing" the prologue stages...

If people want to spend hours and hours grinding the same boring matches for 50 or even 100ISO, more power to 'em. I know I wouldn't, but then, I'm not playing PvE either, so I guess there's that.

DBC
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I didn't think I would ever hear of something worse than using real money to buy ISO, but now I've found it.

Farming prologue missions for 20 ISO a pop...?!?!
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It's called a job, hey even at the crazy ISO prices it must beat farming 20 ISO. If you could turn off animations it might be viable. Lol

5 hours grinding prologue vs working. How much ISO do you come out w, vs cash at work.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    nwman wrote:
    It's called a job, hey even at the crazy ISO prices it must beat farming 20 ISO. If you could turn off animations it might be viable. Lol

5 hours grinding prologue vs working. How much ISO do you come out w, vs cash at work.

Wait. . . let me get this straight. .. you would rather BUY iso with your hard earned cash, than to farm at 20 iso a piece? icon_e_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_e_confused.gif
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Make us all happy, and make them money.. all in 1 step.. introduce a subscription model. Premium users will have access to exclusive content, including an nice iso farm and other goodies.

Everyone wins.

I am more than willing to pay a monthly subscription fee if i like a game and it is worth it.

No. Just...no.
  • How about iso rewards are 250, 200, 140, 100 and add a random AP boost reward so theres 5 not 4 to win, and then replace the 20 iso with a standard token, that way if you grind you are likely to be earning a ton of 1*s that match the lowest iso reward but occasionally you can get something that you can use, the further into the game the tougher it will be to find a useful cover so it stops long termers grinding and newbies can level up a bit quicker. The sold characters give you the iso to level your useable one up a bit, and as a counter to the increase in Iso-8 increase the cost of levelling a 3 or 4* hero by 10/15% at levels, say, under 125.

Also something that bugs me... on a node that locks after 1 play why do they have 4 possible rewards make it a single reward like a fixed 140 Iso or a booster thing.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I rather they develop a Boost to get a better (or 100%) chance in NOT drawing 20 iso8.png & gaining other missed rewards.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Azoic wrote:
    I would gladly drop $5 a week to level one boosted. They might make money from whales, but anyone with a business background could tell you getting those nonspenders to open their wallets is huge. I consider this game like it has a sub, so spend anyways, but if they make the transactions more reasonable, they will net more money.
    The fact that virtually all of these competitive CCG-style games cater to whales' spending habits rather than those of 'mere mortals' tells us that you're sadly mistaken. The amount of money that whales will pump into games like this utterly dwarfs anything that the rest of the playerbase will contribute, no matter how much you entice said playerbase.

I doubt MPQ's spending breakdown is all that different.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Azoic wrote:
    I would gladly drop $5 a week to level one boosted. They might make money from whales, but anyone with a business background could tell you getting those nonspenders to open their wallets is huge. I consider this game like it has a sub, so spend anyways, but if they make the transactions more reasonable, they will net more money.
    The fact that virtually all of these competitive CCG-style games cater to whales' spending habits rather than those of 'mere mortals' tells us that you're sadly mistaken. The amount of money that whales will pump into games like this utterly dwarfs anything that the rest of the playerbase will contribute, no matter how much you entice said playerbase.

I doubt MPQ's spending breakdown is all that different.
    have a feeling this is true - no expert here, so I'd love (LOVE) to see some data on percentile/total spend info. my guess is that it would be very eye opening and explain some (not all) of why they spend their dev $ where they do. as long as the rest of the game remains relatively healthy, business is business.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    have a feeling this is true - no expert here, so I'd love (LOVE) to see some data on percentile/total spend info. my guess is that it would be very eye opening and explain some (not all) of why they spend their dev $ where they do. as long as the rest of the game remains relatively healthy, business is business.
    I've posted before that I used to play Transformers: Legends. The T100 chasers in that game were responsible for as much as 99% of the game's income; I tallied the figures myself amongst those users on the wiki in the post-event threads a few times. Everyone who wasn't chasing T100 - bupkis by comparison.

It may not have been a representative sample, but I doubt it was very far off.