If devs won't get rid of 20 ISO then

nwman
nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
edited August 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Let's have ideas

We know. All 4 rewards first and only then 20 ISO.

What about 20 ISO can appear but not more than once or twice before all 4. Then Only 20s after the 4.

Make the 20 worth more until the 4 are obtained. 25-50 range, then 20.

So same system but 25-50 ISO until all 4 then 10 ISO after.

What ideas work for player and devs.

It doesn't need to be a crazy increase, I think we mostly hate seeing 4 great rewards get 1, maybe the worst of 4 and on replay you can get 20 ISO 1 - 10 times or more? And it's a huge letdown.

Comments

• Simple solution:
    How about just make it 75 or 100 points instead of 20.
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    This made me laugh some. I remember when I was just starting out and seeing 20iso for an award,thinking why did it bother giving me anything? That said I feel your pain. To be honest I'd rather see no win then that 20 ISO rub it in your face amount icon_lol.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrGame004 wrote:
    Simple solution:

then we all would abuse lvl 1 prologue missions.

Yes we need more iso, yes the 20 iso NOT FUN. But it has to be done right, or we are left with exploitable content.

So, here is my idea, remove the 20 iso from PVE nodes, and add in, say 10 more rewards to the possible reward cycle. These would range from 40iso to 750 iso depending on difficulty of node, could even toss in tokkens and heroic/event tokens in the hardest nodes.

Now you have everyone playing PVE again to farm ISO, so renewed interest in PVE, and we get to stop asking about the 20 iso.

Prologue needs to be lef at 20.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    word was they were going to do something about it. patience.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    MrGame004 wrote:
    Simple solution:

then we all would abuse lvl 1 prologue missions.

Yes we need more iso, yes the 20 iso NOT FUN. But it has to be done right, or we are left with exploitable content.

So, here is my idea, remove the 20 iso from PVE nodes, and add in, say 10 more rewards to the possible reward cycle. These would range from 40iso to 750 iso depending on difficulty of node, could even toss in tokkens and heroic/event tokens in the hardest nodes.

Now you have everyone playing PVE again to farm ISO, so renewed interest in PVE, and we get to stop asking about the 20 iso.

Prologue needs to be lef at 20.
    75 isn't exploitable. In fact 20 is just as exploitable as 75. If a person completes the match in 2 turns, with no damage and can invest a lot of grinding time there is no non exploitable number, but no one cares enough to do it. 100 , 1 minute long matches leads to 2000 iso. If a value is there and a person is dedicated enough, its 'exploitable'. Just like grinding the level 1 , 1 exp enemy could potentially get a person to max level in an rpg if they so desire (people who battle in KH on destiny islands until they hit level 30 or so, or any rpg ever with infinite early level enemies)

if anything. remove all awards besides the 4 initial rewards. Anything after is all for progression points or practice.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was thinking about ideas for this the other day. I thought that if rewards still remained in a node, and a 20 reward would be earned, instead the player would earn one of three things:
    one taco shell
    one taco filling
    one taco fixin's

Once the player earned one of each type of taco component, it would automatically convert into a taco token. Alternately, the player might receive one "token fragment" - acquire three, and the fragments would form one randomly selected token chosen from all existing token types (how cool to randomly earn an Anniversary token!) Again, these would only drop if there were unearned rewards in a node.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    There is no "1" spot of ISO. They should cut the spot down, so instead of getting 100 ISO you get 10. Instead of spending 100,000 you spend 10,000.

This would make getting "2" iso seem very stingy, no? It should be at least "5", right? Which means it should be at -least- "50" now.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    GurlBYE wrote:
    75 isn't exploitable. In fact 20 is just as exploitable as 75. If a person completes the match in 2 turns, with no damage and can invest a lot of grinding time there is no non exploitable number, but no one cares enough to do it. 100 , 1 minute long matches leads to 2000 iso. If a value is there and a person is dedicated enough, its 'exploitable'. Just like grinding the level 1 , 1 exp enemy could potentially get a person to max level in an rpg if they so desire (people who battle in KH on destiny islands until they hit level 30 or so, or any rpg ever with infinite early level enemies)

This is a good argument from a game design standpoint. There will always be people willing to grind. But the fact that this is a free-to-play game and ISO-8 is a purchasable commodity means that controlling the flow of free ISO-8 into the game's economy (sorry, I said the e-word again!) is very important to the developers. Any action that has the result of giving the players more content for free, without an equivalent change to encourage them to buy something, is not to be taken lightly.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    jredd wrote:
    Yes. Kabir said this in the community video. He didn't say when, but at least we are all in agreement that this needs to be changed
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Most whales buy covers, not iso. I don't know of a single one who buys it. 78k iso for $100 doesn't even bring a 120 to 166. I have a lot of max covered chars who will sit at 120-130 because I can't keep up with the releases, especially expensive 4*. I loved BoP because I could play with any combo I wanted.

They need to at least double iso gains across the board (or cut costs again). Also, drop the real money cost for hp and iso. I would gladly drop $5 a week to level one boosted. They might make money from whales, but anyone with a business background could tell you getting those nonspenders to open their wallets is huge. I consider this game like it has a sub, so spend anyways, but if they make the transactions more reasonable, they will net more money.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    evil panda wrote:
    jredd wrote:
    Yes. Kabir said this in the community video. He didn't say when, but at least we are all in agreement that this needs to be changed

I forget the time frame but didn't the dev say it was about a year ago he first thought the 20 ISO reward was a bit naff? If it has taken a skilled development team at least a year then I doubt us riff raff can think of a solution.

Now where that snarky emote gone?
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Crowd sourcing as is w forum ideas will give them more ideas then they can come up with. Some will be good ones.

That was my motivation.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    First give out the 4 rewards associated with the node. No more potential rewards. If you clear it 4 times you get this 4 rewards.
    2nd after he 4 rewards you can get 100 ISO.
    Simple fixes, simple solutions and no more 20 ISO when you are trying to win 500 ISO or a standard recruit token.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just in case people don't know how the drops work, if I recall correctly the devs said after the first drop, there's a 50% of getting one of the other rewards or 20 ISO. It would be nice if they upped the % of getting the other rewards, to something like 90%, if they aren't willing to give all 4 rewards first.

In the video Q&A, they acknowledge that it's always been an issue, but not high on the priority list. If I understood correctly, they've taken care of a lot of the issues that were higher priority, so now this issue is one of the higher priorities they can get around to. I hope a change is coming, but them acknowledging it and providing a reason for why it hasn't been handled yet, means that I'll give them more time to implement a change.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    All four rewards and then 20 ISO thereafter is the only reasonable solution.

I fail to see how not doing this has any sort of negative impact on the game. It is such an unnecessary kick in the happysack when you've still got three rewards available and you pull 20 ISO again and again and again.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    All four rewards and then 20 ISO thereafter is the only reasonable solution.

I fail to see how not doing this has any sort of negative impact on the game. It is such an unnecessary kick in the happysack when you've still got three rewards available and you pull 20 ISO again and again and again.

This. This is what every other f2p game with random rewards does. Some even drop randomisation altogether and provide a specific order that you'll achieve rewards. Beat a node once, get a boost; beat it twice, get small ISO reward; three times, large ISO reward; four times, token; and anywhere from five times up to infinity, get the participation prize.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    They should just give use standard recruit tokens as the lowest possible reward. Most are 100 iso but you have a chance at something good. Keep the 20 iso standard on the original story "missions" to keep it from being abused.

It would be more iso but not nearly enough to overcome the massive iso debt most players have.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Make us all happy, and make them money.. all in 1 step.. introduce a subscription model. Premium users will have access to exclusive content, including an nice iso farm and other goodies.

Everyone wins.

I am more than willing to pay a monthly subscription fee if i like a game and it is worth it.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Make us all happy, and make them money.. all in 1 step.. introduce a subscription model. Premium users will have access to exclusive content, including an nice iso farm and other goodies.

Everyone wins.

I am more than willing to pay a monthly subscription fee if i like a game and it is worth it.

I'd quit immediately.

I don't mind putting money in occasionally when the game warrants it, but I don't want to be forced to, especially with this game where "premium content" seems like a laughable concept.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I'm ashamed to admit that I've done the 20 iso exploit thingie in prologue. While doing some pve grinding using color boosts, I found myself running out of iso last year. So. . . I simply spent half hour winning matches against the 2 goons in prologue for 20 iso a pop. OH THE HORROR!!! icon_lol.gificon_mrgreen.gif