**** Sam Wilson (Captain America) ****

phoenixrising2791
phoenixrising2791 Posts: 130
edited March 2017 in Character Details
Sam Wilson (Captain America) icon_falcon.png
4 Star Rarity (Legendary) Wiki Link
At Max Level: HP: 13934 Tile Damage: 82/64/73/11/10/11/4.0x

Wings of Liberty - 9 yellowtile.png AP
Sam Wilson swoops through the battlefield, using his shield and wings to block incoming attacks. Transforms all basic Yellow tiles on the board into strength 10 Yellow Protect tile.
Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Creates strength 14 Protect tiles. Level 3: Creates strength 18 Protect tiles. Level 4: Creates strength 26 Protect tiles. Level 5: Creates strength 42 Protect tiles.
Max Level
    Level 3: Creates strength 59 Protect tiles. Level 4: Creates strength 85 Protect tiles. Level 5: Creates strength 139 Protect tiles.

Aerial Avenger - bluetile.png PASSIVE
(PASSIVE) Captain America whips around the battlefield, giving his team an aerial advantage while coordinating their battle-plan from above. Whenever his team makes a Blue match, Sam Wilson strengthens 1 friendly special tile by 22.
Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Strengthens a friendly special tile by 29. Level 3: Also reduces the timer on a friendly Countdown tile by 1. Level 4: Strengthens a friendly special tile by 41. Level 5: Strengthens 2 friendly special tiles.
Max Level
    Level 3: Strengthens 1 tile by 90. Reduces 1 friendly Countdown by 1. Level 4: Strengthens 1 tile by 129. Reduces 1 friendly Countdown by 1. Level 5: Strengthens 2 tiles by 129. Reduces 1 friendly Countdown by 1.

Dive Bomb - 14 redtile.png AP
Captain America soars high before swooping down towards his opponent, using the strength of his shield to deliver a powerful blow. Deals 559 damage, plus 84 for every friendly Protect tile on the board.
Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Deals 783 damage, plus 118 for every friendly Protect tile. Level 3: Deals 1006 damage, plus 151 for every friendly Protect tile. Level 4: Deals 1453 damage, plus 218 for every friendly Protect tile. Level 5: Deals 2438 damage, plus 353 for every friendly Protect tile.
Max Level
    Level 3: Deals 3148 damage, plus 475 for every friendly Protect tile. Level 4: Deals 4547 damage, plus 686 for every friendly Protect tile. Level 5: Deals 7346 damage, plus 1109 for every friendly Protect tile.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Got to be Captain Falcon. Right?
  • Let the guessing game begin!

Hints:
    - One who flies
    - One who creates Protect Tiles

My hint: Has something in common with the previously released character - Deadpool.
  • Kyuun wrote:
    Got to be Captain Falcon. Right?

Hmmm. What do you think? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Protect Tiles plus increased damage for each. Sounds fair enough. This will be a hard hitter and defender at the same time.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    How'd you get the numbers? I thought leaks didn't have them
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spoit wrote:
    First page of the general forums...

viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=31821
  • Spoit wrote:

I got this from them. They already announced it here https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=31820

They are already the ones who does the spoiling. icon_e_smile.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that we're going to have a couple of two ability combos that do 16-18k damage on average, it makes Power Surge into Smite seem even more puny and pathetic than it did before.
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    Sweet zombie jesus, enough with the tinykitty legendary characters already. We've had what, four in the time it's taken them to add another 3 star?? Who cares how awesome they look when you can't use them viably for a year?
  • Ram51
    Ram51 Posts: 117
    Let the guessing game begin!

Hints:
    - One who flies
    - One who creates Protect Tiles

My hint: Has something in common with the previously released character - Deadpool.

Took me some time to figure out, Wade Wilson and Sam Wilson! icon_e_biggrin.gif Although the abilities were pretty obvious for CapFalcon
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    and here i thought we were talking about the Nintendo character
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Not to be a smarty pants, but are we sure this is a 4* character? The stats for the protect tiles and the damage done for the lowest level and at max level seem to be off. Normally a 4* will do about double damage/protect at max level, but here it does more than 3 times the values which is consistant for a 3* character I think.

Any ideas? Or is it just me that has noticed this and finds it odd? (Can't imagine that last bit to be honest... icon_lol.gif )
  • Let me guess, another 7-day event where people grind like crazy or an event of hellish proportions.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sweet zombie jesus, enough with the tinykitty legendary characters already. We've had what, four in the time it's taken them to add another 3 star?? Who cares how awesome they look when you can't use them viably for a year?

Who wants another new 3* character? There's already 40 of them out there to collect. If you aren't ready to collect this 4* person, then don't bother with the event. You'll save 7 days of sanity.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Now that we're going to have a couple of two ability combos that do 16-18k damage on average, it makes Power Surge into Smite seem even more puny and pathetic than it did before.

From what I've seen, there's another character coming that will address this issue.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    StevO-J wrote:
    Not to be a smarty pants, but are we sure this is a 4* character? The stats for the protect tiles and the damage done for the lowest level and at max level seem to be off.
    Sure, Dave could be lying, but I'm not sure why he would do that...
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also it can't be a 3* because then we'd have two versions of the same character at the same tier, and this clearly isn't a 2* powerset.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2015
    Didn't mean to say we were being lied to, just that it seems strange that the increase at max level seems to be rather large. And seeing as his red does an absurd amount of damage with a couple of protect tiles out maybe it was just a mistake... although even at just double stats his red would still do an insane amount of damage I guess. As for a 2*, there is also already a 2* Cap, and agree this sure doesn't look like a new 2*.

So I don't know, it just seems weird, and maybe it is just me getting a little bit bored with all these 4* releases icon_e_sad.gif

Edit: Come to think of it, maybe he was initially intended as a 3* but remade into a 4*? 3* increase in power from lvl. 70 to lvl. 166 is also about a factor of 2, roughly the same as a 4* increase from lvl. 70 to lvl. 270. So maybe his max level stats are correct and just the lowest lvl stats are off. All speculation, I'll stop now...
  • This pre-released info is still subject to change. As they always mention, nothing is still final.
    *Important note: Anything listed below is subject to change before release. We will try to update any changes in a timely manner, but please keep in mind the info below is not guaranteed.

From how it looks, they may redesign him before it gets released if they see that players are not satisfied with how this character's power set are. I think they were pressured to release the info instead of it being spoiled earlier - thus leading our "spoilers thread" to let loose a little.

But, what we can do is hope. Hope that things will get better..... Deadpool is yet to be released... That'll be a couple of days from now and I think it will not be a back to back event release of 4*. So it will be Deadpool awarding Deadpool. Then Heroic Jugg, then the PVE to award this new 4*. So that would be 3rd to 4th week of August.
  • StevO-J wrote:
    Didn't mean to say we were being lied to, just that it seems strange that the increase at max level seems to be rather large. And seeing as his red does an absurd amount of damage with a couple of protect tiles out maybe it was just a mistake... although even at just double stats his red would still do an insane amount of damage I guess. As for a 2*, there is also already a 2* Cap, and agree this sure doesn't look like a new 2*.

So I don't know, it just seems weird, and maybe it is just me getting a little bit bored with all these 4* releases icon_e_sad.gif

Edit: Come to think of it, maybe he was initially intended as a 3* but remade into a 4*? 3* increase in power from lvl. 70 to lvl. 166 is also about a factor of 2, roughly the same as a 4* increase from lvl. 70 to lvl. 270. So maybe his max level stats are correct and just the lowest lvl stats are off. All speculation, I'll stop now...

It might be like that. But, as others tell, and as others expect, there can't be two same characters in one *tier/rank. So they need to push this up to another level and improve the stats to make it 4* worthy.