Make PVE rewards more fair

2»

Comments

• Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    How about 4*cover at very high progressive amount and LARGE rewards of iso for rank? That way people can work to get 4*covers and the elite can grind away for the iso to level them all up.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    You just make the progressions where you want % of people to get them.

Maybe 50% of people get first progression - anyone who plays event a fair bit (has more points than end hoppers), gets the character into many hands and forces many roster slots purchased (which at this point with the release rate I assume is the ENTIRE PURPOSE of most characters).

Maybe 10% of people get second progression - have to hit most of the nodes most of the days and have a fairly deep/strong roster.

Maybe 1% of people get the final progression - have to grind almost of the nodes almost all of the days and have nearly a maxed roster.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    I'm glad i won my Jean Covers after a hard 7 day grind but some things are really demoralizing and draining:
    - one slip and you're out of reach to the top 2 rewards making the 4-5 hours a day you need to spend to win the event in a hard bracket feel wasted
    - other people win the same or better rank with a fraction of the time you spent and a fraction of your score by playing timeslices and brackets to their advantage

why not put all personal rewards on the progression rewards list? I'm sure there's a balance in score needed so not everybody will get all the covers but reachable enough if you're playing real hard. That way the people within X% of the perfect score will win what they deserve and people who play more casual can still get a cover or two but not more than the people who are fighting much harder.

I like the alliance rewards top 100 but personal rewards being progressive would bring back a lot of motivation for playing PVE.

a simple way like i said a while back

MAKE ALL 4 STARS ULTRON EVENTS if not ANTMAN but with Points and a 6th nod that gives you the cover.. For those who can not beat all 6 nodes Replaying the first 5 nodes over for the xxx time Will get you the cover..

So its go all out for 6 nodes and get the cover or play 7 days and hope you get more then 1 cover...

but they really dont care and putting a 3rd 7 day event will just kill PVE.... Im just glad i have doom and now will take this week off to rest
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    So what do you suggest?

I'm entirely in for more people getting rewards of some sort.
    That's my suggestion. Instead of "PvE shouldn't be competitive" threads, you people need to say what you really mean: "give out more covers".
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    PVE is ridiculous, which is why I stopped running it six months ago.

These events should be like DDQ, which everyone likes -

-NO SCALING-. Not global, not local. This is "fair" to everyone, best rosters will get best results.

-NOT COMPETETIVE-. Put all rewards on progression, perhaps one cover low enough that -any- player can get it with a little work, and the next ones up where you want only -some- players to get (those with deeper/stronger rosters - you know, those who can actually get more covers and will use/need these more quickly). This is "fair" to everyone, all rosters can get something - but only if they actually play the event for awhile! No one can earn anything if they join in the last hour!

-NOT TIME SENSITIVE-. By doing #1 and #2, you now can have a global bracket - no need to have people refresh at certain times. Shoot, you could make purely local brackets (refreshes happen based on when you join alone). This is "fair" to everyone - everyone chooses their own join/play time!

Added benefit: this method is incredibly easy for devs to calculate for. You set event node points, see how many runs/clears you need to get those points, and set the rewards in progression however you want. You don't have to guess and make the progressions incredibly low or high. You don't have to guess on who will be able to do what, since you've gotten rid of scaling.

100% this! Now they just need to make ^that fun. As someone said pve is just ISO mining now, so true. They already kind of give out covers they are called 1* and 2* and some 3*. They might as well add 4* to the list. It's thier job to entertain with thier product, pve isn't entertaining right now. Id think they should make it fun (for all) not just the competitiveites. Then figure out reward,reward should be a plus not a minus.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:
    So what do you suggest?

That's my suggestion. Instead of "PvE shouldn't be competitive" threads, you people need to say what you really mean: "give out more covers".

I want that but i want the covers to go to the people that put in the work for them too. As is the people in hard brackets top 5 grind out a top 1% score but only 2 of them get the reward while others who play the timeslice/fresh bracket game might win it all with a fraction of their score.
    I think it's al lot more motivating for people to have a goal that will reward their effort instead of a goal that might give them the reward but maybe wont.
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:
    So what do you suggest?

I want that but i want the covers to go to the people that put in the work for them too. As is the people in hard brackets top 5 grind out a top 1% score but only 2 of them get the reward while others who play the timeslice/fresh bracket game might win it all with a fraction of their score.
    I think it's al lot more motivating for people to have a goal that will reward their effort instead of a goal that might give them the reward but maybe wont.

I think it's pretty obvious pve needs rework. I think they should just make pve more like daily dead pool and be done with it. It's up to you if you have the time and or want to to get everything type of thing. They could still add some competition, just don't place covers on the line for the reward make cover rewards a solo/personal thing like ddp.
  • add 2500 or 5000 iso and 2 or more 3 star cover aaand sub progression reward, i would'nt mind losing on placement if progression more rewarding(less stupid grinding)
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got to wonder how many of these people who are saying PVE is unfair are the ones who dont even play it. I say PVP is unfair and i want that change.

Take doom for example. Playing all nodes twice THATS RIGHT JUST TWICE is getting me top 100 if i play the Ess nodes 3 to 4 times it gets me Top 50 without any problems.

if that is too much work for you maybe you should find a new game. Im sick of the people who are top 5 in PVP think that they should have all the rewards in PVP and all of the rewards in PVE. Dont like how PVE is set up then Dont freaking play it.

best roaster gets the rewards yea screw over the newbies huh lets see how long this game last. ALso love how the people who cry the most are the ones who have never put a penny into the game. Maybe put some real cash into the game and you get somewhere
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    Got to wonder how many of these people who are saying PVE is unfair are the ones who dont even play it. I say PVP is unfair and i want that change.

Take doom for example. Playing all nodes twice THATS RIGHT JUST TWICE is getting me top 100 if i play the Ess nodes 3 to 4 times it gets me Top 50 without any problems.

if that is too much work for you maybe you should find a new game. Im sick of the people who are top 5 in PVP think that they should have all the rewards in PVP and all of the rewards in PVE. Dont like how PVE is set up then Dont freaking play it.

best roaster gets the rewards yea screw over the newbies huh lets see how long this game last. ALso love how the people who cry the most are the ones who have never put a penny into the game. Maybe put some real cash into the game and you get somewhere

Lol, you are calling yourself out. You say don't whine about pve but then you whine about PvP. You say put some real cash into the game and you'll get somewhere, but I see alot of your posts complain that you can't get anywhere. Don't screw over the newbies, but you want to screw over the vets.

Doh!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    The current PVE (Iso-8) is the laziest PVE i have ever seen.. i don't need doom.. but 2 clears.. one at the beginning of the sub, and one the next morning, and i am #39.. really only doing it for the sub tokens.. which aren't getting me anything, but worth the shot.

The last 3 PVE's i went all in. T10 in JG, t10 in Psylocke (yes, i needed her), and #11 in SW.. so i am being lazy this week, hoping to be lazy enough to be put in a noob bracket for DP vs MPQ, but not looking like it, because everyone else is burnt out as well.

I don't mind the grinds, loads of iso etc...

What i do mind is this.. give us a chance to earn enough HP to roster the new chars before you release them. I have 71 roster slots, yes, i have spent $$, but it is that time of year where that isn't an option.. so i make just skip going to for t20+ in the deadpool release, because with shielding etc in PVP, i have nowhere to put him.
  • slidecage wrote:

Please keep in mind a lot of the veteran players will already have these kind of cards thus making the event much easier for newer players. For instance the 4* Jean Grey 7 day Hulk event. If you looked at the scores there are people on there with totally maxed out rosters including 4* characters. These type of players can obliterate matches in a matter of minutes making it not even a grind to hit top scores. People who have a medium roster will struggle to keep up with the points let alone surpassing. As for spending money, I'm afraid you would have to spend ridiculous amounts of money to be able to compete with that kind of player. £79.99 for 20,000 is an utter joke. You could go out and buy 2 console games for that price. Completely disagree with you on that point.
  • slidecage wrote:

if that is too much work for you maybe you should find a new game. Im sick of the people who are top 50 in PVP think that they should have all the rewards in PVP and all of the rewards in PVE. Dont like how PVE is set up then Dont freaking play it.

fixed. icon_e_biggrin.gif

just tired of grinding on same event over and over, didn't spend a dime(didn't proud either) because hp can be earned easily, unless logan loomie has 1 each color "name any 4* here" then maybe i spend. . .maaybe