keeping ** characters post transition poll

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bishop wrote:
    Why is black widow the only one abbreviated? She'll probably loose a few votes for her. Not everybody knows what an O.B.W. (original black widow) is.

Because EVERYONE refers to Black Widow as OBW, GSBW, MBW. I rarely see anyone actually spelling out Black Widow. You have to be a complete N00b to the forum to not know what those abbreviations are. And don't call her loose!
    easy guys - valid point, but the question is specifically pointed at those past the *** transition and I assume 99.99% of those know who obw is. I would go change it but I think that would reset everything, which I don't want to do.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Hmm, maybe I shouldn't have voted since I'm still in the 2-3 transition, although I've got enough 3 star.png at 7-10 covers that I could probably field several (at least PVE) teams. My current 2 star.png roster is Black Widow, Captain Marvel, Hawkeye, Magneto, Storm, Wolverine. Eventually, I'd probably rebuild Ares since he's not a bad deterrent when boosted for PVP.
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    TxMoose wrote:
    Bishop wrote:
    Why is black widow the only one abbreviated? She'll probably loose a few votes for her. Not everybody knows what an O.B.W. (original black widow) is.

Because EVERYONE refers to Black Widow as OBW, GSBW, MBW. I rarely see anyone actually spelling out Black Widow. You have to be a complete N00b to the forum to not know what those abbreviations are. And don't call her loose!
    easy guys - valid point, but the question is specifically pointed at those past the *** transition and I assume 99.99% of those know who obw is. I would go change it but I think that would reset everything, which I don't want to do.

Thank you wasn't trying to be an a@&. We all started as new players (noobs),new forum users once, moving on....

Side note there are people who don't know what 2*,3*,4* transitioning even means so their more likely to vote anyways.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Very surprised that so many people still keep Thor post transition. He's so brutally outclassed by his 3* counterpart, that there's no point keeping him.

I myself recently re-added Moonstone and 2* Bullseye to my roster after over one year of absence. Their reworks plus the weekly buffs in PVP place them squarely at the level of a quite decent maxed (unbuffed) 3* when they are level 150. With them, I have roughly half of the 2*s in my roster and I think I wouldn't get more just for the sake of essentials. It's easier and less expensive to keep one rotating roster slot open and deduce which 2* will be essential in an upcoming event from the current's rewards, then you have a lot of time to find it in packs or progression rewards.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have all of them but it's not because I am a completionist or a collector, it's because you must have them for 2* essentials!

If there were no 2* essential I would definitely drop Captain America and Human Torch. I like everyone else for the most part. My fav 2*'s are OBW, Ares, Bullseye. I still like to run my old fav 2* combo of Daken and Wolverine for quick easy matches.

Umm.. you forgot Bagman on the poll. I'm sure that was an oversight.. maybe lol
    You don't HAVE to keep them, keep their covers in your queue so you can rotate them in if/when they are essential
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    I've rationalised down to OBW, 2* Storm, 2* Mags, Moonstone (all fully covered, and mostly levelled). I've also kept a fully covered 2* Hawkeye.

I've kept OBW/Storm/Mags for DDQ purposes, with Moonstone swapping in if one of the others is locked out. I've kept Moonstone rostered because she's become a useful niche player with her black (and her red isn't a bad nuke). Hawkeye I've kept rostered for when AvU comes up.

I otherwise keep a roster slot free like you, Tx, to hot swap the essential 2* into for PvE, if I don't have them rostered already.
  • _Ryu_
    _Ryu_ Posts: 149
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Very surprised that so many people still keep Thor post transition. He's so brutally outclassed by his 3* counterpart, that there's no point keeping him.

One point there is... DDQ!
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Of your list, I still got all of 'em but Bullseye. Never had him, never will. Not for any reason except that I dumped Iso into them, mostly. Sooner or later there may come the day when I don't have enough HP for another roster slot and then I'll start cutting 2* guys, beginning with Moonstone. If it ever comes to it, I'll pare down my 2* lineup to Ares, OBW, and Storm just for the Taco Thing.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Since Bag-man is neither ever essential or present on the poll, I vote 'all of them'.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    I'm the only person with Bullseye? Really? Before the health buffs, he could one-shot most the characters in the game. How is that not fun? He could make the Mystique/Mags infinite combo even more infinite!

I'll never sell him... Too many memories.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bishop wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    Bishop wrote:

Thank you wasn't trying to be an a@&. We all started as new players (noobs),new forum users once, moving on....

Side note there are people who don't know what 2*,3*,4* transitioning even means so their more likely to vote anyways.

lol oops now that I read my post, I do come off as kind of a jerk. Sorry about that, I must of been in a bad mood at work. Anyways, I remember when I first joined the forums I didn't know who OBW was, but I learned fairly quickly. The newer players will pick up the acronyms pretty fast because they read everything when they join.
  • Punisher5784
    edited July 2015
    I'm the only person with Bullseye? Really? Before the health buffs, he could one-shot most the characters in the game. How is that not fun? He could make the Mystique/Mags infinite combo even more infinite!

I love Bullseye too. His purple was great in the 2* transition with Wolv and Daken, I would rarely lose life. I still use him whenever I can, but he got replaced with Luke Cage with the better shield and black. I am happy they slightly lowered Bullseye's black from 18 to 16, two critical tiles WHEREEVER you want is awesome and can kill anyone! Pair him with IF. His green can be useful in some situations if you don't have another green user.

I am actually surprised Moonstone is so low. I know she is the most hated 2* but I figured with her new Black that most people would keep her at least against the Ninjas. Her Red is good and now that you'll likely choose 5 Black and steal special tiles, her Pink will explode more since the randomness sucks. I always use her when she's boosted over other pink/black users.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards

No, you're not the only one. After they finally gave him a 3rd power, I rostered him (for the 4th time!) and will level him .... someday.

What I find surprising is how unpopular Moonstone is. Guess that latest tweak didn't help her much.

Mine is STILL mouldering away at lvl 75.

Remember to add all the completionists.. i have every 2* char rostered, as do many many others.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think I'd call myself "post transition" yet, as I only have 12 3* characters at level 127, and still nobody with 13 covers. I have 36 of the 40 3* characters on my roster, with only Doc Ock, Sentry, Vision, and Captain Marvel missing.

So I still have my near-complete stable of 2* characters, all level 94, all cover-optimized (except Torchie, I guess; I leave him at 5/4/4 as a compromise for when he's boosted). I'm only missing Bagman, Bullseye, and Moonstone, and I honestly wouldn't mind rostering either of the latter two, but I haven't the HP for another slot right now and I made my July purchase already.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    _Ryu_ wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

But...even in 2* land he's outclassed by Ares, especially for the quick n' dirty DDQ battles that are over before you hit 14 green.
  • Punisher5784
    edited July 2015

No, you're not the only one. After they finally gave him a 3rd power, I rostered him (for the 4th time!) and will level him .... someday.

What I find surprising is how unpopular Moonstone is. Guess that latest tweak didn't help her much.

Mine is STILL mouldering away at lvl 75.

I find it amusing that we wrote similar replies at the same exact time icon_lol.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Pylgrim wrote:
    _Ryu_ wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

But...even in 2* land he's outclassed by Ares, especially for the quick n' dirty DDQ battles that are over before you hit 14 green.

I kept my 2* Thor as a backup while I built my 3* Thor. Now that my 3* Thor is finally 3/5/5, I agree that I rarely use my 2* Thor, but he's still good for the easier and earlier battles because 3* Thor takes forever to heal without a health pack. 2* Thor is not useless like Captain America is compared to his 3* Steve Rogers.
  • drcassino
    drcassino Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Just 3 characters needed for DDQ: Captain Marvel, Ares and OBW make for a nice rainbow team, so they're all that's left of my once mighty 2* roster. I often add an extra who's required for PVE, but since I only play PVE when there's a new character, that slot goes to the new guy once the PVE is over.
    I think there's a lesson in this thread for 2* players and transitioners: build up the 2* characters that you need, and save your ISO. At the end of the 2* transition, you have more ISO than you know what to do with, but once you move into 3* land and 4* (especially), you'll be happy that you saved it (seriously: it's about 75K to move a 4* from 250 to 270, about the same as moving a 2* from 15 to 94).
  • Cayasha wrote:
    If you have any interest in playing PvE you need to keep them all. If you are switching to just playing PvP then that's a different story.

Disagree, you just need to not sell 1 cover of each of the 2 stars that you don't roster. As long as you are willing to play the 2star essential 2 vs 3, this will get you through the gate
  • I actually have kept 7 2*s & they are used everyday, mostly for DDQ.

I typically use Ares, Moonstone, & Wolverine (who will be subbed by Thor when Wolvie's not allowed) on the "Third Time's the Charm" Node.

I typically use Storm, Magneto, Hawkeye on the "Under the Sea" Node. This team has a very good long combo that can be pulled off. Because of its strength, I used to use them also on the 4 wave Node. That was, of course, before my 3* characters got high level enough to be competitive.