Hack or Bug Abuse?

Dauthi
Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
I hit 1k points and shielded, then was immediately attacked by this Hellben guy and another player (no screen shot). Ten minutes later I get attacked by him twice, which shouldn't be possible since I shouldn't be able to be queued, so I took a screenshot:

shot_2015_07_29_00_27_59.png

To my surprise, 5 minutes later he attacked me again!

shot_2015_07_29_00_29_02.png

If this is a bug/hack, it could make coordinated hops very effective.

On a side note, my team was She-Hulk/Nick/Hood. Don't discount she-hulk/hood on defense icon_e_wink.gif

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's neither. You're sitting in a stale queue that he's cycling through. You don't actually disappear until it refreshes.

Edit: Alternative theory, especially since he's seemingly boosting you, is server lag reporting the wins that came in quickly from him retreating or other nonsense. Or combination of the two.
  • Dauthi
    It's neither. You're sitting in a stale queue that he's cycling through. You don't actually disappear until it refreshes.

How long does it take a queue to refresh? In all my time playing this has never happened. This guy queued me up 4 times within 20 minutes while shielded. He also wiped 4 times (he lost the first time too), that is a lot of healthpacks which is a bit suspicious.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dauthi wrote:

How long does it take a queue to refresh? In all my time playing this has never happened. This guy queued me up 4 times within 20 minutes while shielded. He also wiped 4 times (he lost the first time too), that is a lot of healthpacks which is a bit suspicious.

Don't know the answer to that, just know that I've seen people hit me multiple times post-shield (in fact one of my alliance mates did it accidentally couple weeks ago).

Like I said, maybe he decided (for reasons unknown) to dump points to you. Found you, retreated quick, found you again (before shielding) found you again, then twice after, but it lagged reporting it.

Moral: It's not suspicious. I would consider it weirder if it was 4 losses, because that's a lot of time.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,327 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm more interested in hearing about your defensive team :p
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    Dauthi wrote:
    I hit 1k points and shielded, then was immediately attacked by this Hellben guy and another player (no screen shot). Ten minutes later I get attacked by him twice, which shouldn't be possible since I shouldn't be able to be queued, so I took a screenshot:

To my surprise, 5 minutes later he attacked me again!

If this is a bug/hack, it could make coordinated hops very effective.

On a side note, my team was She-Hulk/Nick/Hood. Don't discount she-hulk/hood on defense icon_e_wink.gif

Congrats on the tricksy defense!

Due to the limited server communication, it is possible to re-queue a player after attacking them, even if they are shielded. Just go to the same node immediately after the fight and skip a few times. Sometimes they come back up, if no new information has been received from the server.

Not a bug or a cheat, just one of many shortcomings in the queue system.

As for attacking you 4x times in a row ... well, some people react to failure by doubling down. Not that I would ever do such a thing *cough, cough, wheeze*. Four times is pretty nutty, tho. Pretty stubborn ... and generous!
  • Dauthi
    Pylgrim wrote:
    I'm more interested in hearing about your defensive team :p

Lol, this PVP was pretty fun. Used She-Hulk for her red and green, saved a bunch of healthpacks by stopping the enemy teams from ever hitting me. Once their Hood dropped I dominated their AP. This combo also allowed Hood's black to be useful. I have Nick's purple maxed so using hood to push it ahead a turn was actually helpful.
  • Yeah it is a bug.

Three defensive wins with no losses goes against the percentages.

Report it immediately.

icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Ummm. . . It's neither. In order to retreat, that guy needed to make only one move and then hit retreat. That may take. . . five seconds? And then another five seconds (or more) for the server to register the gift to you. If you were doing a quick 90 seconds match during your shield hop (definitely possible w/ hood event), he could have attacked you 8 or 9 times theoretically.

Now if the guy manages to WIN all those matches against you, THEN I would be suspicious. Sorry, nothing to see here. icon_lol.gif
  • Dauthi
    puppychow wrote:
    Ummm. . . It's neither. In order to retreat, that guy needed to make only one move and then hit retreat. That may take. . . five seconds? And then another five seconds (or more) for the server to register the gift to you. If you were doing a quick 90 seconds match during your shield hop (definitely possible w/ hood event), he could have attacked you 8 or 9 times theoretically.

Now if the guy manages to WIN all those matches against you, THEN I would be suspicious. Sorry, nothing to see here. icon_lol.gif

So you believe he purposely attacked me, retreated, and lost his points multiple times for no reason? That makes sense?

I reported it for good measure. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I just think that you've a secret admirer who wants to gift points to you.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    The guy is just dumping points on you.. He wants to stay at sniping range.. Around 800.. You re just lucky to be the one he decided to dump points on.. Im doing this all the time and i m trying to reward ppl that have no history with crews or names i reckonize.. Sometimes the hardest part when you re in sniping duty is to get rid of all those points you have gathered.. lol
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Dauthi wrote:
    puppychow wrote:

So you believe he purposely attacked me, retreated, and lost his points multiple times for no reason? That makes sense?

Dauthi ugh. You just make me ugh, honestly.
    It's like you've been playing for a couple months, not years.
    The player simply reached the desired progression (Carnage at 1000) and quickly retreated points down so as not to get swamped - many players climb early to ensure progression, then retreat down because receiving constant hit notifications is not fun.
    I didn't speak to hellben but that's 99% what happened.
    Dauthi's team is not a defensive marvel.

Not to mention that Dauthi reported a perfectly legitimaite player whose queue cache got stale. Are you even complaining he granted you points for nothing?

Edit: what francky said.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah you can tell by the points the opponent has that he is dumping points.

I've had a guy fight me 3 times and lose in the 400 point range however, so I'm not sure if he was dumping or losing and trying again.
  • aesthetocyst
    You guys are sooooooo mean. Couldn't just let Dauthi think he won these fights icon_lol.gif

What's the harm in him reporting anyone? <begin: sarcasm>Not like any changes to the queues could make queues any worse, right?<end: sarcasm>
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Careful about reporting. Irregular gameplay detected, account sandboxed. It is getting close to Friday as well...
  • nwman wrote:
    Yeah you can tell by the points the opponent has that he is dumping points.

I've had a guy fight me 3 times and lose in the 400 point range however, so I'm not sure if he was dumping or losing and trying again.

i have ditched like that when i really didn't want the single 2* cover and was close enough to get standard tokens as an award.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi wrote:
    puppychow wrote:

Dauthi ugh. You just make me ugh, honestly.
    It's like you've been playing for a couple months, not years.

That comment is unneeded and rude. You can think whatever you want of me, but keep the comments to yourself.
    The player simply reached the desired progression (Carnage at 1000) and quickly retreated points down so as not to get swamped - many players climb early to ensure progression, then retreat down because receiving constant hit notifications is not fun.
    I didn't speak to hellben but that's 99% what happened.
    Dauthi's team is not a defensive marvel.

Not to mention that Dauthi reported a perfectly legitimaite player whose queue cache got stale. Are you even complaining he granted you points for nothing?

Edit: what francky said.

How would I know any of this if I don't participate in sniping? Calm down and put yourself in someone else's position.

Thanks Franckynight for the explanation. I doubt he will get sand boxed if he did nothing wrong, i'm sure D3 investigates the issue.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Rude? At least I don't behave as if me and my kosher ma and pa alliance™ deserve top placement in PvP without even knowing how PvP works.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Just to add to Francky's excellent point on dumping. I got a fellow alliance mate lined up right now. Since I already broke 1k and I'm not looking to go for 1300 reward, I'm planning to retreat when my shield expires and dump points to my mate to get him get 1k reward. Point dumping is indeed a strategy that has value. icon_cool.gif
  • aesthetocyst
    puppychow wrote:
    Just to add to Francky's excellent point on dumping. I got a fellow alliance mate lined up right now. Since I already broke 1k and I'm not looking to go for 1300 reward, I'm planning to retreat when my shield expires and dump points to my mate to get him get 1k reward. Point dumping is indeed a strategy that has value. icon_cool.gif

WHAT?!? Puppychow is a degenerate amoral "booster"?? icon_e_surprised.gif

Still endlessly amused at the faux horror that flooded the forums regarding "boosting". Considered in tandem with the faux outrage regarding "outside" communication ... Are alliances not expected to work together?
This discussion has been closed.