Devs dont deserve Fist Bump...

turul
turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
A) ...until they fix the PVP point system.

Got bumped down in Hood PVP from last fight before 1000pts adozen times, no matter of my super climbing speed. Of course starting late wasn't a good idea, but I had very limited play time.

Wasted 3 Deadpool Superwhale for nothing.

B) ...Until they fix some PVE scoring
Time Zones are super bad for Central Europe. Only optionon workday is 23:00h / Slice 3, which is quite bad for sleep. (21h-01h grinding: sub end grind + 2 clears on new sub to compensate no play at worktime)

Old school rubberbanding and multi-clear penalty free point system was way way way better

Messy PVE forces me to choose bad playing time for PVP => missed Carnage Cover

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sounds like you would like some more non-competitive content. I'd love to see PVE move to progression rewards only, rather than competing against others.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Sounds like you would like some more non-competitive content. I'd love to see PVE move to progression rewards only, rather than competing against others.

they need to move PVP away from attacks and just make it progression
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:

That's called PVE
  • I had a very different experience. I started slightly late, but using Doom and Cage, I managed to hit 1000 points in about five hours.

I also hit SnowcaTT, and that felt soooooooo good. icon_twisted.gif
  • Malcrof wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:

That's called PVE

I disagree. The way it is, PvP and pve are the same thing in the game as we are actually always fighting AI and not the real player.
    In both you have to overcome other player but in one you need to pay attention in retaliations and the other in refresh times. In the metagame both are PvP but I believe PvP should be more than meta.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    I almost wish pvp brackets were based more around rosters levels then based around time..

Like If I picked my team and its levels, star.png's etc controlled the people I fought against, but I guess people like the way it is now being able to scope out easy targets or people who don't have teams as developed.

The rewards changing would also keep people happy.
    Higher levels going for 4 stars, not knocking people aiming for 3's out of the way for the 2 4 star covers given out.
    People who feel they deserve the 4 not being knocked out by someone who just wants the iso or HP.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would release spoilers in protest. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I've been frustrated with PVP ever since the last change was made regarding the points lost due to attacks. First of all, because it has punished the whole community because several alliance members were cheating. Thanks whoever you are. Second, because like mentioned, we have to trust the AI to defend our points. We all see how that works out. Third, even when active, your team can somehow lose points while you're in a match. You win a match, and then are immediately alerted you lost points during your fight. Still doesn't make any sense to me. Fourth, PVP has become a shield necessary event, requiring you to use a limited resource in MPQ to save your spot. At least in PVE, you only lose rank and never your progression rewards. Once you hit that point total in PVE, the reward is yours. In PVP, you can hit a threshold for a reward, but if you got hit while playing, you lose the points and are not given the reward. The only redeeming factor for me in PVP is the 10-pack, allowing me to hit 500 points each PVP to hit the progression before season end. If it weren't for that, I'd probably quit PVP completely.
  • There has to be some jeopardy or else the game would get boring quickly and the company wouldn't make any money.
    When did we get the point when people refused to accept failure in order to advance? Not everyone can win.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    MarCr wrote:
    There has to be some jeopardy or else the game would get boring quickly and the company wouldn't make any money.
    When did we get the point when people refused to accept failure in order to advance? Not everyone can win.
    Can you explain how his second point is failure?

Also in theory, they'd get the most money by people being able to purchase covers they dont have yet.
  • GurlBYE wrote:
    Also in theory, they'd get the most money by people being able to purchase covers they dont have yet.

If we just got covers from progression without the jeopardy of losing no one would ever need to buy another cover. Xmen and Crews don't buy covers just cause they like the pictures (I'm sure a couple do icon_e_wink.gif )

Hadn't even registered the second point. I'm in Europe, I have the same problem as everyone else in the world. Do I want to grind or not?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    rawfsu wrote:
    ...it has punished the whole community because several alliance members were cheating.
    not sure what you're referring to here, but if it is about the change in the pvp scoring system, that seems to have been a resounding success with scores more players reaching higher and higher progressions, leading them to add an additional **** cover at 1300. my scores have increased dramatically but I have also maxed several characters during that time as well. if that is what you're talking about, I emphatically disagree.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Various posts in this thread have violated the noob noise threshold.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    rawfsu wrote:
    ...it has punished the whole community because several alliance members were cheating.
    not sure what you're referring to here, but if it is about the change in the pvp scoring system, that seems to have been a resounding success with scores more players reaching higher and higher progressions, leading them to add an additional **** cover at 1300. my scores have increased dramatically but I have also maxed several characters during that time as well. if that is what you're talking about, I emphatically disagree.

On this note I would also like to suggest to the Dev's they need to adjust the rotation of 4* for first place, 1100 and 1300 progression. As it is right now each 4* will keep running the same order for 1st, 1100, and 1300. So is means if you don't have a green carnage you have to come in first place to get his green, 1100 for his red and 1300 for his black. As much as the new points and the extra progression is great, it is also gimping the ability to earn 1 cover of each 4* by having a set rotation.
    To quote a great Disney movie Meet the Robinsons "I don't think you thought this plan through very well D3."
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    I had a very different experience. I started slightly late, but using Doom and Cage, I managed to hit 1000 points in about five hours.

This sounds about right, and about the timeframe required for this. This PVP, Hood made it a bit quicker, and I did it in about 1.5 hours, if you remove the 2 hour break. 80 minutes for the first portion. Shield. 10 minutes for the latter portion (800-1000).
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did somebody seriously report me for an "Archer" reference?

That is fantastic.
  • Argon Flame
    Argon Flame Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Wonder if the devs considered the wilderness between 800 and 1000 points in PvP. As soon as you unshield to cross the hungry wolves all pounce because everyone else is still shielded and you're the juiciest target...

Edit: when I went to cross the wilderness I was I immediately beset and although I won 35 pts. I had lost 4 matches in that time frame...
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Wonder if the devs considered the wilderness between 800 and 1000 points in PvP. As soon as you unshield to cross the hungry wolves all pounce because everyone else is still shielded and you're the juiciest target...

Edit: when I went to cross the wilderness I was I immediately beset and although I won 35 pts. I had lost 4 matches in that time frame...
    funny many people pointed out this would happen before its implementation but it seems like most people didn't care.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had a very different experience. I started slightly late, but using Doom and Cage, I managed to hit 1000 points in about five hours.

Hey! icon_e_smile.gif May have been near the end, I went out to get a little more for the alliance since we were on the 25 line (we just hit it).

I've hit 1K on all the PVP events...but by completely ignoring PVE, and therefore having all health packs all the time. Since the change I've been probably been to cautious - pushing early (less competition) and shielding early. It's slowly draining my HP though, I'll have to go back to that late push with one three-hour shield (or none) eventually.

When I still did run PVE I found boosted characters to be the bigger problem - with boosts for everyone in PVP, not using boosted is begging for attacks. But crazy scaling in PVE meant you pretty much had to run those same characters every single match there as well. So your roster of 60ish characters really is a roster of eight - all those extra characters don't help much when you have to feed the same ones all the health packs.

There is a reason DDQ is still the most fun event in the game - no global OR local scaling.
  • Argon Flame
    Argon Flame Posts: 98 Match Maker
    It's almost like they've turned all PvE events into heroics....