Best Defensive Teams?

2»

Comments

• Ding
    Ding Posts: 179
    Quebbster wrote:
    I remember a while ago... before weekly boosts were introduced I think... in a Gamora (?) PvP. I was shielded and in reach of 1000 points with a single game. I start a game during the last hour, get beaten badly, curse a bit to myself and re-shield.
    Then the defensive wins start rolling in. I think I must have gotten a dozen or so, and they easily bumped me up past 1000 points. Pretty neat. icon_e_smile.gif
    The defensive team I was using that time was Gamora, Classic Magneto and Loki. I guess I was looking like a soft target but my opponents underestimates those three.
    You shouldn't try to rely on defensive wins to climb though.

This must've been before they nerfed defensive wins I'm guessing.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    I remember a while ago... before weekly boosts were introduced I think... in a Gamora (?) PvP. I was shielded and in reach of 1000 points with a single game. I start a game during the last hour, get beaten badly, curse a bit to myself and re-shield.
    Then the defensive wins start rolling in. I think I must have gotten a dozen or so, and they easily bumped me up past 1000 points. Pretty neat. icon_e_smile.gif
    The defensive team I was using that time was Gamora, Classic Magneto and Loki. I guess I was looking like a soft target but my opponents underestimates those three.
    as soon as I got mags covered a couple months ago and played with him a little, he immediately started seeing more time with loki than my thor did. they are a perfect pair. red into purple into cascades of everything. blue nuke and ap control. add any green user - I use thor but patch would work very well too or gamora in this case. against heavy strike makers (blade or grocket teams) I use fist as my green user to force feed loki black to make sure its ready (especially good for grocket). mags loki is very good.
  • Best defensive team is Juggs/Ares/Grenadier, level 395 if possible.
    I'd love if they had a joke Muscle PVP for anniversary where you could use a loaner 5/5 270 Muscle.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    daibar wrote:
    Best defensive team is Juggs/Ares/Grenadier, level 395 if possible.
    I'd love if they had a joke Muscle PVP for anniversary where you could use a loaner 5/5 270 Muscle.

LOL can you imagine , IF + 270 Muscle... the attack tile would be insane!
  • Tagstar87
    Tagstar87 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    TxMoose wrote:
    as soon as I got mags covered a couple months ago and played with him a little, he immediately started seeing more time with loki than my thor did. they are a perfect pair. red into purple into cascades of everything. blue nuke and ap control. add any green user - I use thor but patch would work very well too or gamora in this case. against heavy strike makers (blade or grocket teams) I use fist as my green user to force feed loki black to make sure its ready (especially good for grocket). mags loki is very good.

So true, I will usually skip a Cmags/Loki team due to unlimited cascades and cheap AP. Even if you knock this team out, you're looking at 1-2 players being downed. The worst beat down I ever received was a CMags/Loki/X-Force team. There are obviously better green users out there but X-Force's green board shake worked perfectly with Loki and CMags. I think I got 3 or 4 turns in before my team was demolished icon_cry.gif
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    daibar wrote:

It'd be fun to play as an all-goon team. No tile-moving, just choosing when to cast your powers.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    daibar wrote:

It'd be fun to play as an all-goon team. No tile-moving, just choosing when to cast your powers.

Crivens, imagine the coding necessary to allow you to choose to end your turn without making a move or firing a power. Now imagine the number of ways it can break what's already there.

It's an interesting idea, I just don't think the devs have the skillz to implement it.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    KK Bundy wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

This must've been before they nerfed defensive wins I'm guessing.
    I believe it was.