What's worse than customer service not compensating you?

Options

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bishop wrote:
    It could be any number of "What's". But would you rather let their system not flag accounts if it sees something suspicious?
    Depends what they consider "suspicious". In Sc0's case, there's no smoking gun. But if they detect someone with 3 maxed Jean Grey's in their roster, or someone who can do a 300 point PvP hop in 45 seconds, yes, I'd LOVE for them to take immediate action. Either way, you can't have a situation where 5 DAYS have elapsed, and we still don't know **** is going on.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bishop wrote:
    It could be any number of "What's". But would you rather let their system not flag accounts if it sees something suspicious? The cheating population would be even worse.

Stopping cheating is good. Flagging accounts based on reasonable criteria is fine. However, the choice isn't just between (1) doing nothing at all, or (2) dropping the Hammer of Questionably-Supported Justice at 5 PM on a Friday without explaining why.
    Bishop wrote:
    At the least if he didn't do anything wrong theres a chance they'll spot it.

That is one of the least reassuring statements I've read in a while.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There was a blackout and was reset to 4 days beforehand cause I usually leave the game on, CS sent me this today:
    The screenshot actually presents older information that our own as there is no check mark over the cover despite the 2022 score. Additionally, leaving the game minimized for days at a time is not at all recommended and more than likely has led to several issues judging by your ticket history. Moving forward, we highly suggest not repeating this practice, as we cannot offer compensation when players are instigating the issue. Unfortunately, we cannot verify the other missing items as our records show them claimed, and will be unable to offer compensation for them.

I was asking for my PX yellow for reaching 2k points during shield simulator and afterward, i took a screen shot of me with over 2k points yet progression prize wasn't checked off cause i did get it earlier before the blackout reset. now they say i did it on purpose. and the ticket history was the infamous "save file Error", not something we had any control over. just wanted to vent, and i did send david a email about this too.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had some covers go missing from me last year - I didn't have internet access at my home at the time, my sister-in-law was staying over and she set her tablet to be a wifi hospot. It didn't work, really, my connection was terrible and kept going up and down. So my local game "collected" a few rewards which didn't update to my local version but were earmarked by the server was collected - end result I lost a few covers and tokens.

I did put in a ticket with CS and they did resolve it (took them over a month, but I didn't need the covers so I really didn't care that much.) The reason I bring this up as I suspect what is going on is that there is some kind of cheating software that has the same behavior as this sort of bad connection, and as a result they've been going on a sandboxing spree. There are 4 sandboxed players in my PVE, I've heard reports of similar numbers in other people's. I think a number of players are in for a very rude shock.

Seriously, someone needs to look into this.
  • Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    Options
    What the?! I've competed with Sc0ville more than enough times to know he's no cheater. They really should provide details on why one would get sandboxed and a chance to refute it, esp given Grimskald's example so you know not to do it again.

MAKE IT RIGHT DEVS!
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wish the Bing [Bot] could do something about this. He's always online. Red type names, not so much.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Options
    Wow, that's absurd. Hope it gets cleared up quickly.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Accusing someone as cheating is a big deal. I'm sure the CS rep did his research, and also consulted with the CS rep that sits next to him, and then the guy that sits next to that guy as well. These CS reps are just following procedures, and you can expect them to be running some scripts to read into the database, event logs, etc. They stated that they found evidence that specify you as cheating, before they made that decision. The best solution to is to notify someone other than the CS reps (which you already did) so that the problem could be looked into.

Until they find the bug that's causing this (if there is one), the CS reps will probably continue their procedure, the more people affected, the more complaints, the bigger the problem, and they will make it a priority to fix it. But this process could take days, I wouldn't be surprised if this took weeks to resolve. They can't really tell you more than that, as you "could" be a potential cheater to them.

There's really nothing else that you could do at this point other than wait. I wonder if this has anything to do with Adventure Time PQ.
  • sc0ville
    sc0ville Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who responded in this thread, I just received an email from support acknowledging the problem on their end, Unlocking my account and providing me some hp and covers for my loses.

I'm very happy to have this issue resolved, and looking forward to rejoining the Skrull Empire ASAP.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sc0ville wrote:
    Thank you to everyone who responded in this thread, I just received an email from support acknowledging the problem on their end, Unlocking my account and providing me some hp and covers for my loses.

I'm very happy to have this issue resolved, and looking forward to rejoining the Skrull Empire ASAP.

since we all helped, you should let us win a PVE icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    sc0ville wrote:

Great news!
    How long did this issue last? 3 days (not counting week end) or more?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Just to add, it's typical procedure with any online game in my experience to not reveal the exact nature of the suspected "cheating" in case the party triggered it accidentally and to avoid the exploit leaking to the public. This was probably why he never got a specific answer, and while true cheaters are always going to find a way to break things anyway, you'd be surprised how quickly even honest players will hear about an acknowledged loophole and quickly leap on it, just to see if it works.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Haetron wrote:
    Just to add, it's typical procedure with any online game in my experience to not reveal the exact nature of the suspected "cheating" in case the party triggered it accidentally and to avoid the exploit leaking to the public. This was probably why he never got a specific answer, and while true cheaters are always going to find a way to break things anyway, you'd be surprised how quickly even honest players will hear about an acknowledged loophole and quickly leap on it, just to see if it works.

That's totally fair, but it might be possible to at least describe the result, rather than the method. Some information would be better than none.

For example, "Your account has been flagged for winning multiple pvp matches with total match lengths inconsistent with ordinary gameplay," or "Your account has been flagged for obtaining large amounts of Hero Points over the past week without a corresponding in-game source of Hero Points."

Kudos to the devs for making this right, however.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sc0ville wrote:

Welcome back! Do us a favor and tell us which shard you join, so we know which shard to avoid icon_lol.gif As much as I love competition, I love a full nights sleep more!!!!
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Welcome back Sc0ville. <3
  • seshoma
    seshoma Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options
    So i got a message with a error joining alliance and to contact customer support does this mean im sandboxed 2?
    Da fudge
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phumade wrote:
    Oh he got boxed for hoarding? LOL. While its not funny, I'm pretty sure he can get that appealed. We've all heard the stories that there is some 'bot that watches ISO and HP totals. The computer cant tell the difference between magically generating 1M ISO in an hour and saving a 1M Iso over a month.

Good luck getting this fixed. I'm sure I'll see scoville grinding like a machine in PVE very very soon.

Wow, no kidding. Especially now that the vault is a de facto encouragement for players to stockpile large numbers of tokens, punishment for sudden jumps is just idiotic.

Glad it got sorted scoville. Hope it stays that way.
  • MarvelDestiny
    MarvelDestiny Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Options
    By investing, I mean he was sitting on a large pile of ISO and HP from keeping his characters underlevelled and dominating PVE.

So hoarders are cheaters now icon_rolleyes.gif

No doubt some CS rep saw the sudden surge in use of ISO and HP and just assumed it was ill-gotten.

Hoarders beware.
    Yeah, this is me. I have been keeping my characters soft-capped in the 95-99 range waiting for them to get fully covered and once they do I will use all the iso I've stockpiled to increase as many as I can to the 140-150s. I still have a way to go and have stockpiled quite a bit of iso in the last few months but I'm worried the same may happen to me. Maybe I should fire off a preemptive pm to David and IceIX before I actually use all my iso when the day comes...
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    By investing, I mean he was sitting on a large pile of ISO and HP from keeping his characters underlevelled and dominating PVE.

So hoarders are cheaters now icon_rolleyes.gif

No doubt some CS rep saw the sudden surge in use of ISO and HP and just assumed it was ill-gotten.

Hoarders beware.
    Yeah, this is me. I have been keeping my characters soft-capped in the 95-99 range waiting for them to get fully covered and once they do I will use all the iso I've stockpiled to increase as many as I can to the 140-150s. I still have a way to go and have stockpiled quite a bit of iso in the last few months but I'm worried the same may happen to me. Maybe I should fire off a preemptive pm to David and IceIX before I actually use all my iso when the day comes...

Other people know better than me, but I think they've said you gotta stockpile well over 2M ISO before the bot flags you for investigation. 1M iso won't be an issue. Lots of people have stockpiled 1M iso
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Bishop wrote:
    It could be any number of "What's". But would you rather let their system not flag accounts if it sees something suspicious? The cheating population would be even worse.

Stopping cheating is good. Flagging accounts based on reasonable criteria is fine. However, the choice isn't just between (1) doing nothing at all, or (2) dropping the Hammer of Questionably-Supported Justice at 5 PM on a Friday without explaining why.
    Bishop wrote:
    At the least if he didn't do anything wrong theres a chance they'll spot it.

That is one of the least reassuring statements I've read in a while.

I'm on the outside looking in on this I don't know you or your buddy. If I did I'd play a different tune probably. That's about as reassuring as I can be on it,sorry. I hope he is innocent and all goes well. Better?