Lost HP on Accidental Hero Pack Purchase (PC)

Options

Comments

• WilliamK99 wrote:
    The real question is, did you get something good?
    covers for DD and GSBW. still not worth 4000HP.
  • pulis wrote:
    the worst part is that you probably paid for 10 heroes you already have. 4000 wasted.

yeah no doubt
  • Phantron wrote:
    Literally every game can be accused of doing this. In WoW there was a vendor that sells you junk for insane prices, and while he's probably meant to be a joke, he doesn't give refunds either if you really bought the overpriced junk he's selling. You can easily argue with the wide secondary RMT that this costs you real money to buy the junk.

Back in EQ1, the fastest horses probably cost around $100 at the going rate for in game currency and it's no secret that people are buying them up on the RMT market. There's no confirmation box and there's no refund, so what if you bought the wrong one? Then you're missing a lot of currency and I know a lot of people did. They eventually did put the ability to refund, and I'm pretty sure they weren't trying to see what sucker was going to accidentally click on the wrong horse and spent his in game life savings, but that they either didn't think about the issue or was too lazy to put a confirmation box and/or a way to refund your purchase.

Not quite the same. Still shouldn't be happening though. What they are doing here is nearly a direct assault on your wallet.
  • Wow you really don't get how it is unethical to not ask for confirmation when people are buying something in a game? An accidental click and your currency is gone and it is the users fault really? This is bound to happen and they very well know that.
    Phantron wrote:
    I think a whole mess of games do that already, and it might be just out of sheer laziness. Or, it's more like 'hey we don't have to do more work and make more money, what can possibly go wrong?'

I'm not sure it's unethical, and it seems to me to be an easy thing to overlook.
    This is the first one I have seen and I have played a ton of games maybe this is a new tactic for phone games. Regardless it is unethical. The coding is easy as hell so there is no excuse for it.

Dunno about about that. It's one thing to make fragments of VBA, LISP, or Python to help one along in GIS, CAD, or Office applications but it's another thing to be using a proprietary API. It might be easy and it might not.
  • So email CS. I accidentally purchased a heroic token that I had no intention of purchasing for 300 HP. They refunded me my HP.
  • Bugpop wrote:
    Wow you really don't get how it is unethical to not ask for confirmation when people are buying something in a game? An accidental click and your currency is gone and it is the users fault really? This is bound to happen and they very well know that.
    Phantron wrote:
    I think a whole mess of games do that already, and it might be just out of sheer laziness. Or, it's more like 'hey we don't have to do more work and make more money, what can possibly go wrong?'

I'm not sure it's unethical, and it seems to me to be an easy thing to overlook.
    This is the first one I have seen and I have played a ton of games maybe this is a new tactic for phone games. Regardless it is unethical. The coding is easy as hell so there is no excuse for it.

Dunno about about that. It's one thing to make fragments of VBA, LISP, or Python to help one along in GIS, CAD, or Office applications but it's another thing to be using a proprietary API. It might be easy and it might not.

For a developer this is a very easy thing to do. I know this as I am a developer. They have displayed message boxes elsewhere so regardless of what API they are doing the coding has been done once. Once it is written it can either be cut and pasted or sub-classed that is if it isn't already built into to whatever IDE they are using making it even more simplistic.
  • I'm sure the lack of confirmation box is a combination of:

1. No one thought of the problem.
    2. Devs had bigger priorities.

I had played plenty of games where every major purchase has a corresponding dreaded 'fat-finger moment', and I've bought stuff that costs way more than what HP converts for to real currency at that game's market rate for currency. It's definitely a pretty nerve wrecking moment but I don't think it's because they're trying to trick me into wasting all my currency.
  • Phantron wrote:
    I'm sure the lack of confirmation box is a combination of:

1. No one thought of the problem.
    2. Devs had bigger priorities.

I had played plenty of games where every major purchase has a corresponding dreaded 'fat-finger moment', and I've bought stuff that costs way more than what HP converts for to real currency at that game's market rate for currency. It's definitely a pretty nerve wrecking moment but I don't think it's because they're trying to trick me into wasting all my currency.

If a developer doesn't think a confirmation box is necessary when a player is spending currency that is mostly gained by and real money purchases then they really should find a different career path.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    My earlier sarcasm was over the top, but painting the developers as driven by greed is completely unfair. There are no ads, banners or pop ups which I am certain that there are a lot of advertisers ready to sign up if S3 were to go that way.

There is a confirmation for selling back characters.
  • Moral wrote:
    My earlier sarcasm was over the top, but painting the developers as driven by greed is completely unfair. There are no ads, banners or pop ups which I am certain that there are a lot of advertisers ready to sign up if S3 were to go that way.

Sorry but they are from what I can see. Game progressions is extremely slow unless you purchase Hero Points and ISO as beginners. Then it is still slow after that. This is why people are pissed when the characters they invested so much time in get hosed. Then you add the fact they change the prices of boosters mid tournament and hose characters used in a pay tournament it starts to smell. Then you have the issue discussed here and then they charge to "secure" your place in the tournament via shields. When you add these up and ice it with their silence at pissed off customers they just look slimy.
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Moral wrote:

Sorry but they are from what I can see. Game progressions is extremely slow unless you purchase Hero Points and ISO as beginners. Then it is still slow after that. This is why people are pissed when the characters they invested so much time in get hosed. Then you add the fact they change the prices of boosters mid tournament and hose characters used in a pay tournament it starts to smell. Then you have the issue discussed here and then they charge to "secure" your place in the tournament via shields. When you add these up and ice it with their silence at pissed off customers they just look slimy.

This sums up everything.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    WilliamK99 wrote:

It costs 1250 HP to upgrade an existing ability. You can't upgrade an ability you don't have. 4000 HP seems reasonable to me if you didn't already have those covers.
    If a developer doesn't think a confirmation box is necessary when a player is spending currency that is mostly gained by and real money purchases then they really should find a different career path.

Yeah right. Every developer releases their product before it's finished. Most successful companies keep releasing new versions of their software with all the bugs of the previous versions.
  • ++ for more confirmation boxes and fewer clicks at the end of a match.

I also ran into a problem where I wanted to sell a cover instead of upgrading a power to preserve an ideal character build. but the upgrade and sell buttons are so close together that I accidentally upgraded.

not a huge problem but I wish there was an upgrade.

however, is anyone else annoyed at the number of clicks after a match? the walla presto you got an award screen is really long and unnecessary. Also, there are way too many clicks after you lose a match. I don't really need a hint to train my characters or earn more ISO.

It would also be great if you can scan an opponent's skills before hitting the fight button. As it stands you have to hit fight, then hit fight on the choose your character screen, then back all the way out if you don't want to face those skills.
  • Bugpop wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    WilliamK99 wrote:

It costs 1250 HP to upgrade an existing ability. You can't upgrade an ability you don't have. 4000 HP seems reasonable to me if you didn't already have those covers.

Yeah right. Every developer releases their product before it's finished. Most successful companies keep releasing new versions of their software with all the bugs of the previous versions.

What the hell does that have to do with what I said?
  • You should really either file a complaint or ask for a refund from the actual charge-related place (Google Play/etc). They're pretty good about that sort of thing.
    Moral wrote:

This sums up everything.

No one is saying the choices they are making are good - hell, not even what we have heard from the people who post here. Everyone knows most of the Events/MMR are screwed to hell. I've seen a lot of people complain about progression, but I really don't think it's that bad, if you're talking about the Prologue. Actually, the Prologue is probably the smoothest PvE Progression I've seen in a game in a while (mobile wise). Progression in events and such is a different bag, but again EVERYONE knows those are screwed.

I recall them having said before the changes of Boosts (And Shields, I think) was supposed to have been dealt with before and was never properly explained. Ironically, apparently a post was just made in announcements about this. Damn my slowish typing.

I've seen it said several times that changing during a tournament is an ongoing issue that has been met both with good and bad responses (they seemed unsure of when they COULD do it, or something like that, but recognized it as a problem).

As for silence... I'm not sure if someone's said this already, but it makes more sense for them to stay silent until they actually have something helpful to say. The past two PvE Events have been utterly screwed for a considerable amount of the playerbase. That's a big deal - it's not something you just smooth out with free gifts to players or by getting rid of the Event. It means something, somewhere, went so wrong they couldn't even fix it the second time around, AND it's causing secondary issues (cheater witch hunts/a HUGE influx of false-positive cheating reports, a horrible skewing of rewards to the wrong players, etc). It's a crisis on the equivalent of having a hardware malfunction/server going down without a maintenance person.
  • davecazz wrote:
    ++ for more confirmation boxes and fewer clicks at the end of a match.

I also ran into a problem where I wanted to sell a cover instead of upgrading a power to preserve an ideal character build. but the upgrade and sell buttons are so close together that I accidentally upgraded.

not a huge problem but I wish there was an upgrade.

however, is anyone else annoyed at the number of clicks after a match? the walla presto you got an award screen is really long and unnecessary. Also, there are way too many clicks after you lose a match. I don't really need a hint to train my characters or earn more ISO.

It would also be great if you can scan an opponent's skills before hitting the fight button. As it stands you have to hit fight, then hit fight on the choose your character screen, then back all the way out if you don't want to face those skills.

Agreed, more confirmation boxes and fewer clicks are good... Though admittedly in counter to one another (there are very, VERY few games that have confirmation windows everywhere they should, and streamlined processes elsewhere). This actually seems like a problem that can't be 100% fixed, actually. To this day there are still people who argue "you shouldn't be able to restart/shut down your computer on accident", but also people who argue "yes I know I'm shutting down my computer".

Personally I vote put confirmation boxes everywhere with anything involving a purchase/upgrade/sell/etc, and go from there.
  • Telicis wrote:
    You should really either file a complaint or ask for a refund from the actual charge-related place (Google Play/etc). They're pretty good about that sort of thing.
    Moral wrote:

This sums up everything.

No one is saying the choices they are making are good - hell, not even what we have heard from the people who post here. Everyone knows most of the Events/MMR are screwed to hell. I've seen a lot of people complain about progression, but I really don't think it's that bad, if you're talking about the Prologue. Actually, the Prologue is probably the smoothest PvE Progression I've seen in a game in a while (mobile wise). Progression in events and such is a different bag, but again EVERYONE knows those are screwed.

I recall them having said before the changes of Boosts (And Shields, I think) was supposed to have been dealt with before and was never properly explained. Ironically, apparently a post was just made in announcements about this. Damn my slowish typing.

I've seen it said several times that changing during a tournament is an ongoing issue that has been met both with good and bad responses (they seemed unsure of when they COULD do it, or something like that, but recognized it as a problem).

As for silence... I'm not sure if someone's said this already, but it makes more sense for them to stay silent until they actually have something helpful to say. The past two PvE Events have been utterly screwed for a considerable amount of the playerbase. That's a big deal - it's not something you just smooth out with free gifts to players or by getting rid of the Event. It means something, somewhere, went so wrong they couldn't even fix it the second time around, AND it's causing secondary issues (cheater witch hunts/a HUGE influx of false-positive cheating reports, a horrible skewing of rewards to the wrong players, etc). It's a crisis on the equivalent of having a hardware malfunction/server going down without a maintenance person.

The thing is they should have said something even if it was look guys we know you have some concerns we see that you are upset we are looking into things.

Very simple and they have acknowledged we are not happy. Doing that simple thing would have avoided a ton of heartache.
  • Spencer75
    Options
    If you haven't even attempted to get your money back you have no right to complain
  • The thing is they should have said something even if it was look guys we know you have some concerns we see that you are upset we are looking into things.

Very simple and they have acknowledged we are not happy. Doing that simple thing would have avoided a ton of heartache.

For you, maybe. I mean, they HAVE publicly come out and pointed out that the event scaling isnt working as intended, they've admitted that the matchmaking system was screwed (though admiteddly I don't think they've mentioned the current issues... But i would expect there are bigger problems like the horrible coding going on right now). The amount of issues that have been in some form publicly addressed far outweigh those that haven't.

And let's just be honest here - what benefit, actual benefit that can be SEEN, would come of making a post like that? They've tried similar attempts before: you get a handful of thank yous, two pages of topics demanding for answers from the mods who "we know are on and ignoring us", and an eventual return to the bitterness of not hearing directly from people.

That's my opinion, anyway. Sure, hearing from them would be great, but that's obviously not going to happen. Being hurt by it/taking it personally like some people have (not directly you, but I'm sure you've seen the posts I'm talking about) does no good and furthers the problem.
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    I accidentally pressed Spacebar when in Recruit Heroes - Oscorp Assault Team window.

What happened? Obviously no confirmation window if I want to buy anything.

Obviously I didn't get 1 hero for 200HP. I got 10 for 4000HP.

tinykitty.

This is tinykitty tinykitty.

Didn't Apple recently lose a court case against them about in-game purchases where they had to refund a ton of money to customers who bought things unintentionally?