To the devs, please give us back our old Lightning Rounds.

Options
2»

Comments

• I'd love to see heroes and villains back to back. I'm not sure why these lightning rounds aren't running 24/7.
  • I like the lotto as that means I have a reason to play punisher and spidey rounds (aside from tanking or farming iso). I would like the threshold to be top 50 instead of top 25.
  • I'd love to see heroes and villains back to back. I'm not sure why these lightning rounds aren't running 24/7.

If they were I would never want for iso.

Of course I'd like more but I imagine some kind of balance must be kept. Especially if they see any amount of reasonable money from the sale of iso.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    I'd love to see heroes and villains back to back. I'm not sure why these lightning rounds aren't running 24/7.
    We used to run Lightning Rounds for 4 days back in the day instead of 2. We saw a larger burnout rate for players in all events surrounding it and the last 1.5-ish days of the rounds didn't have many players overall. Just too much to keep up with when they restart that often.
  • I suppose when there are more characters kicking around you can vary the themes a bit (which would let you have a longer up time)- X-Men LR, Avengers LR, Dark Avengers LR, Villains, Heroes etc but it'd be rather tight to do that right now.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    abuelo wrote:
    I suppose when there are more characters kicking around you can vary the themes a bit (which would let you have a longer up time)- X-Men LR, Avengers LR, Dark Avengers LR, Villains, Heroes etc but it'd be rather tight to do that right now.
    That's pretty much why we were able to roll out Heroic Lightning Rounds now. We've got enough 3 star characters available that we can push out a good mutable roster of them.
  • IceIX wrote:
    I'd love to see heroes and villains back to back. I'm not sure why these lightning rounds aren't running 24/7.
    We used to run Lightning Rounds for 4 days back in the day instead of 2. We saw a larger burnout rate for players in all events surrounding it and the last 1.5-ish days of the rounds didn't have many players overall. Just too much to keep up with when they restart that often.
    Aye but my guess is there's lots more players now right? Anyway, I sure wouldn't mind if the the competition wasn't so rabid and fierce all the time. I guess that's what the middle of the night is for.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Is the reward structure for the old LRs still the same?
    As of right the last time they ran on our QA server, yep.

Best news I've heard all week. icon_e_smile.gif
  • I'm hoping the devs keep their word. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I waited all week, hoping that the villains come back somehow.

Hoping for the best.
  • aussiemac
    aussiemac Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What time do LRs begin usually??? 12 EST??
  • aussiemac wrote:
    What time do LRs begin usually??? 12 EST??

yep
  • They don't offer much opportunity for everyone to use villains. Like I've only gotten villains from daily rewards and extremely occasionally from recruit tokens
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DoctorWho wrote:
    They don't offer much opportunity for everyone to use villains. Like I've only gotten villains from daily rewards and extremely occasionally from recruit tokens

They are extremely rare. The only 3* cover I don't have is a red magneto. The only ones I have got in Heroic Tokens are The Hood (blue) and Rags. And I have opened more than 100 (I've been playing for a while now). I had to spend money in Devil tokens to get some of these covers because I never get them icon_e_sad.gif

PD: Is there a list of probabilities for each of the covers when you open a Heroic Token somewhere in the forum?
  • IceIX wrote:
    Current plan is to alternate as said earlier in the thread. That's not to rule out any changes in the future for running them of course.

Any chance for LRs where only the team leader is buffed instead of all characters? Or at least non-uniform buff used?

It's just boring like Divine was, 95% teams with 3 buffed, not much matter which round it is really. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Hrm, patch just went out not too long ago. Really hoping it didn't restructure the LR rewards for villains, I've got 31k ISO and a 4/4/3 Hood level 40 I want to dump it on!
  • One advantage of all five being buffed is it's five characters you don't see that often. If you only buffed the leader it would turn into leader+Thor/Wolverine/OBW, which we see enough of as it is.