To the devs, please give us back our old Lightning Rounds.

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
For the new current Courageous, I'm not going to comment on whether it is good or bad. Let's just say that even though I am personally not in favor, there are mixed views, some in favor, some less so, but overall it stirred interests.

It is understandable that this is a new thing, something you are trying out to see the response. That I don't mind. And you can even make it a permanent thing, I don't mind at all.

But please, please, please, tell me that you won't take away the old Lightning Rounds? Please tell us that you will give back the Villains Lightning Rounds back to us again? Sometime next week perhaps? And you'll even keep the rewards as they were without changing them? Pretty please?

It is totally understandable that you guys need to earn money off this event. But if you intend to sell tokens, then I implore you, please, please, PLEASE, DON'T sell your Courageous tokens for 1100 Hero Points. 11 US dollars for a random 3* cover is just plain insulting. Would YOU buy a random 3 star cover for 11 bucks?

So any of the devs out there, please tell us that you will give us back the old Lightning Rounds. Eventually.

Comments

• This man speaks for no one. Happy to see something new. Lightning rounds have been stale for the llast 3 months
  • Maybe we'll get villians in PVE events now.
  • To me, they're just ISO-rounds icon_razz.gif

and I could use most of the covers but I'm not killing myself to get into the top 25 of what - 10k people?
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Anything to keep things different and interesting is good. Now if only the community can be acknowledged....
  • I see them as "Every 2 hours, get a quick and easy 840 ISO" (4 rounds, 70 ISO from getting worst rewards, 140 for first 25 point reward, 250 for 100 point, 100+ ISO for selling your inevitable Yelena cover). It's also a lot quicker than the horrible heroic PvE event to get 20 ISO.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    _fulu_ wrote:
    This man speaks for no one. Happy to see something new. Lightning rounds have been stale for the llast 3 months
    +1

some guys will always complain, no matter what
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    Maybe we'll get villians in PVE events now.

This is what I am hoping for next. It was nice to face Iron Man 35 in the TaT tourney.
  • I think alternating Villains one week, Heroes the next, will give us some nice variety without either getting stale.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I think alternating Villains one week, Heroes the next, will give us some nice variety without either getting stale.

+1. I just hope that they don't change the villains reward structure to the same one as heroes.
  • I have all 3* villain covers at max apart from Hood (need 2 yellows + 1 black) so happy to see a change. Now if only I could finish higher than top 250...

Yeah, they'll probably alternate or at least switch back in the future after a few weeks of heroes.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I think alternating Villains one week, Heroes the next, will give us some nice variety without either getting stale.
    This.
  • I never found anything wrong with the old way or the new way. They were just a quick way to make a little cheap iso and test guys I never used unless I had to.
  • Alternating would be great, but I wouldn't be surprised if the usual Villain LRs roll out later in the week as usual - which would also be great.
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I like the change (though hate it since I've been stuck in MMR Hell since my team hit 30, and only just got to where Diabolical coins were obtainable)... However, hopefully they fix the prizes to work the same as Villains [a.k.a.- give the featured hero as high prizes and the 3-star coin for top 50, because getting 2 tinykitty Bagheads from top 50 is way screwed up].
    In other news, I really hope they make Baghead stop having a 97% chance to be the prize for 2-star coins.
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Badlands wrote:
    Alternating would be great, but I wouldn't be surprised if the usual Villain LRs roll out later in the week as usual - which would also be great.
    The last few weeks, LRs have been Tuesday only, so we're almost certainly NOT getting villain LRs later in the week.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Current plan is to alternate as said earlier in the thread. That's not to rule out any changes in the future for running them of course.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Current plan is to alternate as said earlier in the thread. That's not to rule out any changes in the future for running them of course.

Is the reward structure for the old LRs still the same?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Is the reward structure for the old LRs still the same?
    As of right the last time they ran on our QA server, yep.
  • I think they'll be a lot more fun after the Spiderman changes.

Because my god are these matches dull right now.
  • My only complaint about the new hero LR's is the "lotto effect" that several people have mentioned. (earn tokens rather then that heros covers)
    If you guys could change the payout to mirror the villians LR I'm sure that would make most of the complainers happy.