New PVE Storylines

2»

Comments

• Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    I don't care what the event is as long as I don't have to fight the same guys over and over again for the entire event.

Even worse almost every event has the same Dark Avengers over and over. There are like 90 characters lets use them. I'm sure they have problems with stories that put heroes up against other heroes and have the story make sense still. That is why they use the same "bad guys" each time. There are solutions to that however in Marvels past they just have to use them. Secret Wars, Civil War, etc...

My favorite run of comics was Captain America's Streets of Poison from the late 80s or early 90s. It would actually work great with this game because it was Cap against other Super Heroes so it wouldn't be a stretch battling other "good guys".
  • TOFU3
    TOFU3 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Just wish not to see Daken, Venom, Moonstone, Bullseye ...as the enemies in new story lines anymore. Adding new enemies(like Gorgon and Ultron) will be good enough.
  • Maximum Carnage:
    First Run Essentials: 4* Carnage, 3*Spidey, 2*Moonstone

Opening Node: Essentials vs Shield Goons,
    Story Prologue Cutscene:
    icon_spiderman.png Carnage? Who let you loose?
    icon_moonstone.png He's under my direct supervision as part of Hammer's rehabilitation program.
    icon_carnage.png I get to assault people, and get rewarded for it! Like those renegade shield agents that are about to attack us!
    :Spiderman: Wait, what?

FIGHT!

Afterfight Cutscene:
    :Spiderman: I don't know why Shield would attack me, but this isn't over.
    :Moonstone: Because we all know how trustworthy Fury is? Maybe you should discuss that with him?
    :Spiderman: This isn't over.

New Sub opens, structured with 2 separate lines of 3 nodes each, each in increasing difficulty, on their same line.

One line is dealing with the heroes combatting the chaos in NY as for some inexplicable reason everyone is rioting. Instead of facing the Dark Avengers, they face assorted goons and "berserk" heroes. This solves the issue of "always fighting the DA"

The second line deals with the Villain side of things, with Moonstone using Carnage to make a power play, and Venom being evicted from the DA with Carnage as the new DA Spider-Man, this line would include other heroes trying to thwart the DA.

I'd imagine it being 3 subs, with the first Sub being the Heroes figuring out what's going on, the Villains dealing with turmoil due to the introduction of Carnage to their ranks, and Moonstones machinations.

Sub 2 would be structured the same, with the Heroes finding out the cause for the riots, and the Villains being put on the run as things backfire.

Sub 3 would be a single line node, with the heroes rallying, the DA splintering, and Osborne losing control of Hammer because Osborne was crazy enough to think Carnage could be controlled in the first place. Hints could be dropped at future PVEs, as well.

A lot of people are probably going, "What? Why Moonstone?" Simply put, someone has to take on the Shriek role from the original comic, which explains how the other villains get "linked" to Carnage, and this also allows the DA to be put on the shelf so they're not opponents themselves, as much like the original MC arc, there would be split stories on the villain interaction and the heroes struggles.

I could type up a whole thing on the suggestion board, but, that's a lot of effort and I doubt anyone is that interested.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haetron wrote:
    Maximum Carnage:
    First Run Essentials: 4* Carnage, 3*Spidey, 2*Moonstone

Opening Node: Essentials vs Shield Goons,
    Story Prologue Cutscene:
    icon_spiderman.png Carnage? Who let you loose?
    icon_moonstone.png He's under my direct supervision as part of Hammer's rehabilitation program.
    icon_carnage.png I get to assault people, and get rewarded for it! Like those renegade shield agents that are about to attack us!
    :Spiderman: Wait, what?

FIGHT!

Afterfight Cutscene:
    :Spiderman: I don't know why Shield would attack me, but this isn't over.
    :Moonstone: Because we all know how trustworthy Fury is? Maybe you should discuss that with him?
    :Spiderman: This isn't over.

New Sub opens, structured with 2 separate lines of 3 nodes each, each in increasing difficulty, on their same line.

One line is dealing with the heroes combatting the chaos in NY as for some inexplicable reason everyone is rioting. Instead of facing the Dark Avengers, they face assorted goons and "berserk" heroes. This solves the issue of "always fighting the DA"

The second line deals with the Villain side of things, with Moonstone using Carnage to make a power play, and Venom being evicted from the DA with Carnage as the new DA Spider-Man, this line would include other heroes trying to thwart the DA.

I'd imagine it being 3 subs, with the first Sub being the Heroes figuring out what's going on, the Villains dealing with turmoil due to the introduction of Carnage to their ranks, and Moonstones machinations.

Sub 2 would be structured the same, with the Heroes finding out the cause for the riots, and the Villains being put on the run as things backfire.

Sub 3 would be a single line node, with the heroes rallying, the DA splintering, and Osborne losing control of Hammer because Osborne was crazy enough to think Carnage could be controlled in the first place. Hints could be dropped at future PVEs, as well.

A lot of people are probably going, "What? Why Moonstone?" Simply put, someone has to take on the Shriek role from the original comic, which explains how the other villains get "linked" to Carnage, and this also allows the DA to be put on the shelf so they're not opponents themselves, as much like the original MC arc, there would be split stories on the villain interaction and the heroes struggles.

I could type up a whole thing on the suggestion board, but, that's a lot of effort and I doubt anyone is that interested.

Great storyline! But please, for the love of bob can we not fight level 395 carnages?? PLEASE????
  • Malcrof wrote:
    Haetron wrote:
    Great storyline! But please, for the love of bob can we not fight level 395 carnages?? PLEASE????

Are you kidding? If I dream this up, im doing at least one Doc Ock/Carnage/3Daken node.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    I want to see Skrulls, skrulls, Skrulls, Skrulls, and Skrulls in some storyline.

Why? Because every time they ran it, they could swap out who the Skrulls were pretending to be.
  • Malcrof
    Haetron wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Haetron wrote:

Are you kidding? If I dream this up, im doing at least one Doc Ock/Carnage/3Daken node.

i would go blade over Ldaken for strikes, nightslaker and his purple, the other 2 have passive blacks and no purple. Daken would use his blue over doc oc, so you would lose potency.

Edit: devs, ignore this, you didn't see this, this will not be in the next gauntlet. ok?
  • Malcrof wrote:
    Haetron wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Haetron wrote:

i would go blade over Ldaken for strikes, nightslaker and his purple, the other 2 have passive blacks and no purple. Daken would use his blue over doc oc, so you would lose potency.

Edit: devs, ignore this, you didn't see this, this will not be in the next gauntlet. ok?

There's better choices, sure, but why would blade be teamed with Carnage and Doc Ock? I gotta maintain some kind of story flow. icon_razz.gif
  • Malcrof
    Haetron wrote:

There's better choices, sure, but why would blade be teamed with Carnage and Doc Ock? I gotta maintain some kind of story flow. icon_razz.gif

They have convinced Blade that Spidey has been bitten by Dracula.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would like to see some of the PvE storylines move into Prologue where you could grind for some 2* covers and ISO and HP. Not only will it help players, but it would also serve as a comic book in a way as the player progresses through the story.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    Haetron wrote:

They have convinced Blade that Spidey has been bitten by Dracula.

If Morbius was in game, I'd totally roll with that. He was even in MC, briefly.
  • I want to see Skrulls, skrulls, Skrulls, Skrulls, and Skrulls in some storyline.

Why? Because every time they ran it, they could swap out who the Skrulls were pretending to be.

The problem with this, two fold.

1, the set up for Osborne being in power is the Secret Invasion storyline, so backtracking to it would be out of sync with the story flow severely without some major rework.

2. Skrulls are likely tied up in rights issues with Fox. I know in the past it's been hinted at their use to put fake heroes in nodes, but I doubt anyone could ok a story completely based on them.