New PVE Storylines

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
The devs stated in the new Q&A that they would love to hear what new PVE stories we would like play (viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=31630). So I created a poll.

To be honest I am a 90's Comic guy and I have not read much since Onslaught. So feel free to comment on a story you would like added/removed to the poll.

Let's see if this works!
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted Dark Phoenix, Other, and Anything. I'm an X-Men guy, so I'd love to be able to play through Extinction Agenda especially. I just want to say that "anything" would be my top choice. Because new content is good!
  • Punisher5784
    Damn I didn't know the poll resets when you add something. That's stupid. I apologize to those who recently voted
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Voted 'Anything' mainly because I don't care at all about the story of MPQ.

My issue with the storytelling in this game stems entirely from it's presentation. There is so little room for actual story and far too many fights breaking things up. The nature of the game prevents a compelling story from being told in the existing format.

Suggested Change in Storytelling
    - Each PvE node victory unlocks a section of a comic book.
    - A unique section of the game then allows you to view and read all collected pages in order.
    - When your first clear of the final sub is done, you'll have an entire comic (or comics) to read until the event is completed.

Pretty simple stuff. The amount of comic given out per node would depend on the size of the book(s) compared to the nodes in the event. Sometimes a single win could net a few pages while other times it might just be a couple of caption boxes.

This would remove the necessity of trying to have each node reflect the story being told and give more of a chance to tell a continuous story. It also respects the fact that many people rush through pve clears and so they'll be able to read the story during the games down time.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Civil War
    Infinity Gauntlet

Other:
    Finish Dark Reign
    World War Hulk
    Secret Invasion
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rise Of The Sentinels, 1990's comic era and not Days Of Future Past movie tie in. We already have Cyclops, Storm, Professor Xavier, Wolvie and Beast so could be a great launch for either Jubilation Lee, Gambit or my personal favourite Rogue. Could do a whole story event with a mahoosive sentinel as a boss.
  • Sullstar
    Sullstar Posts: 74 Match Maker
    X-Men Days of Future Past - I'm an X-Men/X-Force guy, post above said it perfectly

Spider-Man: Sinister Six - Need more villain based stories and villains in the whole

Wolverine: Weapon X - Short story that seems it would be one of the easiest to do. Could also release X-23 and Sabretooth into the game as part of the story. Both could work very well in this game imo
  • Agamotto
    Agamotto Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    I voted Civil War. I would really like to see Secret Invasion and Avengers VS X-Men event.
  • MarvelDestiny
    MarvelDestiny Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    I chose:
    Days of Future Past
    Dark Phoenix Saga (the original in which Jean dies in Scott's arms on the moon during a battle with the Shi'ar)
    Secret Wars I

Other great storylines include:
    Mutant Massacre (so awesome and one of my favs, both Colossus and Storm kicked **** in it)
    The Brood Saga (1980s)
    Kitty Pryde and Wolverive
    Nightcrawler, 80s limited series
    Magik, 80s limited series
    Mephisto 'vs' limited series (could be a great tie-in to the Magik series)
    Hobgoblin story arcs (I'm talking the first two hobgoblins -- Kingsley and Macendale, especially Macendale)
    Doctor Doom - a storyline depicting one of his annual forays into Hell to save his mother's tortured soul

There are a lot of great storylines and I could go on and on but these are some of my favs. I have great memories not just of the stories but of my life when these books were hitting the newstands... Can anybody tell I'm a Claremont fan?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    With Secret Wars and Battleworld, they have almost endless new content, which includes pretty much all of the above options!
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    My principle votes were specifically for things I think will be low-hanging fruit in the next 18 months: Age of Apocalypse and Civil War. Sinister Six was a default third choice to give them the chance to get some more Spidey villains into the game.

In other words, I picked choices where upcoming films make the effort logical choices. I'd love to see the Dark Phoenix saga or the 1980s/90s Sentinels arc, but the ROI would probably be pretty low for Demiurge right now.
  • MarvelDestiny
    MarvelDestiny Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Choosing low hanging fruit does make sense. I chose "Days of Future Past" for the same reason, not just because to story was so awesome (so much packed into a two issue story-arc). But aside from how awesome my picks are, I chose them because they give D3 options for new characters and villains. Particularly, serial villains/characters: the Shi'ar, the Brood, Morlocks, Ogun, Mephisto, Sentinels, the legions of Hell, etc. These story-arcs are also grittier and would be great additions to expand the game.
  • Not sure how to vote, because while I would love to see some new PvE storyline content, I've admittedly never taken 30 seconds to read any of the old stuff.

Due to the competitive nature of PvE, I've never felt I had the time to actually read any of them. It's get in, pick my characters, boosts or T-Us, play as quickly as possible trying not to take too much damage, quickly get back out, go to the next node, repeat the process, heal or swap to less damaged characters as necessary, and repeat the process until I'm finished. Within the current competitive structure, I basically repeat this same process every 8 hours until the blessed end.

I guess I'd love to say I'd enjoy some new material, but I'm not sure I'd ever see it...

Being completely honest, I don't think I could tell someone anything about any of the storylines of the competitive PvEs we already have. icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
  • Punisher5784
    Not sure how to vote, because while I would love to see some new PvE storyline content, I've admittedly never taken 30 seconds to read any of the old stuff.

Due to the competitive nature of PvE, I've never felt I had the time to actually read any of them. It's get in, pick my characters, boosts or T-Us, play as quickly as possible trying not to take too much damage, quickly get back out, go to the next node, repeat the process, heal or swap to less damaged characters as necessary, and repeat the process until I'm finished. Within the current competitive structure, I basically repeat this same process every 8 hours until the blessed end.

I guess I'd love to say I'd enjoy some new material, but I'm not sure I'd ever see it...

Being completely honest, I don't think I could tell someone anything about any of the storylines of the competitive PvEs we already have. icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif

DBC

To be fair I am the same. I only read the story on the prologue cause it wasn't competitive, but it would still be nice to play an event that isn't the same old Thick as Thief's, Prodigal Sun, Iso Brotherhood, etc. I liked during the Venom PVE when you face Venom, Carnage n Doc Oct. I didn't have to read anything to understand their history.

We're comic fans, well understand why were facing the Hellfire Club in a Pheniox Saga PVE or using Spiderman, CapAm and IF against Carnage, Hobgoblin n Demigoblin in a Maximum Carnage event. That alone would be good for me.
  • Punisher5784
    Bumping this up so more players have a chance to vote icon_e_ugeek.gif
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    They should of had an event for the X-Force nerf.

X-Men: Death of Wolverine
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    No love for the coming of Galactus. icon_e_sad.gif

Secret invasion could translate well to the game too.
  • Malcrof
    Marvel Zombies might be fun, all it would require is a new skin for the characters..
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Civil War makes the most sense/is easiest to implement, IMHO.
  • Malcrof
    Nellobee wrote:
    IMHO.

Iron Man Heavy Ordinance

3 subs, First, Im35 + goons
    2nd, IM40 + goons
    3rd IMHB + goons.

there, new PVE done.

(yes, i know what imho means, was just something that popped in my head)
  • Is this referring to the classic Secret Wars.... or the new one"?

Is there any chance of any of the all new all different roster coming onto this game?