MODOK spitballing

Options
ronin_san
ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
edited July 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
How happy could you be, if your face is in a permanent state of poop strain? He always looks like he's grunting one out.

MODOK's a bit of a loose cannon. He's crazy intelligent, like a Humpty Dumpty but with a severe case of psychosis and a 180 IQ.

That's it! He's Marvel's Humpty Dumpty. He's upset he can't get around without his floaty apparatus. And he's got AIM minions like Gru, who are just as dumb. His advantage being, they don't fight over produce.

star.pngstar.pngstar.png MODOK 9650 HPs.
51Ec%2BhlMCvL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

blackflag.png ERROR! Passive

http://i2.wp.com/www.panelsonpages.com/ ... elay-1.jpg is too big for the thread, but it's a fantastic "error" picture.

hqdefault.jpg
MODOK reacts to enemy abilities, summoning his AIM goons. Whenever an enemy ability creates ability tiles, MODOK places a 2 turn GOON tile in play. When that timer pops, destroy the enemy ability tile and place a strike.png tile of strength 65-185 in play.
Rank 2-5 means multiple minions, one turn in duration, and an increase in strike.png strength.

purpleflag.png Immobilizer!. 5 AP.
Avengers+Earth%2527s+Mightiest+Heroes+-+10+Everything+Is+Wonderful.avi_snapshot_12.39_%255B2010.11.28_16.53.37%255D.jpg
MODOK focuses his mind, stunning enemies and draining their AP. Create a trap tile. If tripped, the enemy is stunned one turn.
Rank 2. Enemy also loses one of that tile's AP.
Rank 3. Lose 2 AP.
Rank 4. stun duration to 2 turns.
Rank 5. Trap placement is of your choosing. Gain the AP lost.

yellowflag.png ATTACK! 12 AP.
14%2B-%2B1
This is a play on Fury's Avengers Assemble, which would be stronger if you have more AP to handle the abilities.

Attack tiles. Strike tiles. Defense tiles. Flat damage. Maybe it's a bit Rocket and Groot's greenflag.png that leaves minions behind to create more strike tiles. Help me with this one, will you?

Comments

• GundamY
    GundamY Posts: 182
    Options
    From the impression I'm getting from your M.O.D.O.K., he's got elements of Nick Fury, Kingpin, with a dash of Beast in terms of movesets. I wouldn't count on M.O.D.O.K. for dealing out damage, because he would definitely be like Evil Falcon who supports his teammates. But instead of helping his team, he's busy sabotaging the enemy team.

So I'm thinking to prevent M.O.D.O.K. from being uber hax, you could sacrifice a portion of your teammate's HP, friendly tiles, or countdown tiles if it means to cripple the enemy team severely. Does that sound fair to you? Your M.O.D.O.K. can be really broken like my Anti-Venom when it comes to creating cheap special tiles.
  • ronin_san
    Options
    Maybe his immobilizer deals flat damage like a mini Daredevil. The fact you can choose where to place it suggests it will bounce around more often.
  • GundamY
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:
    Maybe his immobilizer deals flat damage like a mini Daredevil. The fact you can choose where to place it suggests it will bounce around more often.

Still, I wouldn't count on MODOK for dishing out the punishment in terms of direct damage. I still think of MODOK as somebody who would make his teammates do all the dirty work while he finished off the opponent and take all of the credit for himself

as for the ATTACK! ability, i'm thinking if you got all 30 tiles of its color, maybe it can insta-kill one target?
  • ronin_san
    Options
    GundamY wrote:
    ronin-san wrote:

Still, I wouldn't count on MODOK for dishing out the punishment in terms of direct damage. I still think of MODOK as somebody who would make his teammates do all the dirty work while he finished off the opponent and take all of the credit for himself

as for the ATTACK! ability, i'm thinking if you got all 30 tiles of its color, maybe it can insta-kill one target?

.....a pipe dream. Venom does that for much less. And Doom has a "surprise, DOOMFACE" attack. So I think traps, that ping pong around and deal damage could be fun. It doesn't have to be a lot of damage, but if it were 5 AP and he gets to bounce them around>?

Because you get to choose where the trap goes off, it's going to proc a LOT.
  • GundamY
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:
    GundamY wrote:
    ronin-san wrote:

.....a pipe dream. Venom does that for much less. And Doom has a "surprise, DOOMFACE" attack. So I think traps, that ping pong around and deal damage could be fun. It doesn't have to be a lot of damage, but if it were 5 AP and he gets to bounce them around>?

Because you get to choose where the trap goes off, it's going to proc a LOT.

Hmm... If that's the case, i would dub your MODOK as MODOT (Mental Organism Designed Only for Trolling), because having to deal with such a pesky trap tile would definitely piss off players if they have to face off against your MODOK
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    landscape_xlarge.jpg

Well, he is having a jolly time in secret wars right now.. there is a Modok version of everyone!

He needs a downside, usually he is the instrument of his own defeat. Matching any of his CD tiles on blackflag.png should do something to him.

yellowflag.png how is this, a CD tile version of Fastball special.. randomly placed, creates an ecountdown.png when the timer reaches 0, fires an enemy ability at the enemy of the color the timer is on. So if it lands on red and you are fighting Cyc, whoever is upfront has a chance to get a facefull of beam. This makes it a tricky one. If it lands on say green, and there are 2 or 3 green users on the enemy team, the tile should be tied to the enemy that will be triggered, so selecting the enemy makes it flash, and you know who to keep alive and what ability is coming.