Patch Notes - R80 (07/27/15)

Comments

• Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    I'm thinking Frost, but maybe hoping we get an Olivia Munn Psylocke...
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    When are you guys going to get Pietro the medical help he clearly needs? That seizure he's apparently been having ever since release isn't going to just heal itself.... I'm afraid that if I tap his icon, he'll swallow his tongue....
  • Why was Steve Roger's model updated? It seems odd to tweak his when it was perfectly fine to begin with.
    Things changed during the civil war I guess
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,

It's time to take a look at preview notes for Marvel Puzzle Quest's R80 update.
    (As always, anything listed below is subject to change before release)

If you could only read our minds about what's to come!

What's Happening...
      - Battle for Story Mode glory with the Hulk.

What Got Better...
      - Bug fix: The Thing now displays correctly when on the enemy team. - Bug fix: Players are now able to scroll through items in The Vault correctly.
    - Bug fix: Elektra no longer takes damage when Shadow Step is activated (she previously took 1 damage).
    - Updated the character model for Captain America (Steve Rogers).

*Astute forumites will note that the Steve Rogers update is already in-game.

The King is dead, long live the Queen
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    Why was Steve Roger's model updated? It seems odd to tweak his when it was perfectly fine to begin with.
    Things changed during the civil war I guess

He has adapted to modern life, and discovered Botox.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Malcrof wrote:
    Jean Grey needs to be a 4*, please no more 3*'s, we have plenty..

Let's see. . . Cyclops is a 3, Beast is a 3, Colossus is a 3, Storm's highest variation is a 3. See the pattern here? Unless D3 is offering the Dark Phoenix variation, a normal Jean Grey is a 3 star.png character.
  • OnyxSnake
    OnyxSnake Posts: 78 Match Maker
    I hope it's Black Bolt. The only way to talk to him is by reading his mind.
  • OnyxSnake wrote:
    I hope it's Black Bolt. The only way to talk to him is by reading his mind.
    he whispers on the cartoon...

and he really should learn sign language. Keep thinking that in the back of my head.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Jean Grey needs to be a 4*, please no more 3*'s, we have plenty..

Let's see. . . Cyclops is a 3, Beast is a 3, Colossus is a 3, Storm's highest variation is a 3. See the pattern here? Unless D3 is offering the Dark Phoenix variation, a normal Jean Grey is a 3 star.png character.

I'm afraid not:

http://marvel.com/news/video_games/24920/piecing_together_marvel_puzzle_quest_jean_grey
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]What Got Better...
    Are you 100% sure this belongs under what got better?

Of all the characters that could use an art update, Steve was way way WAY down the list. No idea why this change went in.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    Lerysh wrote:
    Of all the characters that could use an art update, Steve was way way WAY down the list. No idea why this change went in.

My #1 choice would be Squirrel Girl's in-battle "YEAHHH!" face.

Demiurge, I love Squirrel Girl. Really, I do. And I love all her in-game art... EXCEPT for that ghastly in-battle face with her rubbery malformed Joker-grin... or perhaps it's more akin to the last alien off the mothership trying to badly fit into a human-shaped fleshsuit of the wrong size. It seriously prevents me from ever wanting to use her in battle unless required. -________-
  • Lerysh wrote:

My #1 choice would be Squirrel Girl's in-battle "YEAHHH!" face.

Demiurge, I love Squirrel Girl. Really, I do. And I love all her in-game art... EXCEPT for that ghastly in-battle face with her rubbery malformed Joker-grin... or perhaps it's more akin to the last alien off the mothership trying to badly fit into a human-shaped fleshsuit of the wrong size. It seriously prevents me from ever wanting to use her in battle unless required. -________-

#1 for me is IW and her insane giraffe neck. I mean wth? Her neck is longer than her head.
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Two other art/quality of life improvements needed:

1. In the art for Daken (Classic)'s Chemical Reaction, he has three claws coming out of the back of his right hand. Daken does not have three claws in the back of either hand, he has two in the back and one in front. Look, I think it's stupid too, but that's the character design. It should be simple enough to just erase the middle claw. C'mon, it's been wrong for AGES.

2. It's just annoying that the art for Doom's Diabolical plot is just his "active character" portrait. He's active when he casts DP, so you just see his portrait both ways at the same time and ... Look, I realize the power was sort of squeaked in at the last minute, but literally anything would be better. Even if it were his "inactive character" portrait, it would at least be an image of Doom that wasn't already on the screen. It could be his art from his roster page. It could be just a huge Dr Doom symbol before the traps all explode a la Call the Storm. It's just literally the worst Doom art that could be re purposed for a power, since it's already on the screen when the power fires.
  • Malcrof
    R80 broke my game.. unable to play, sticks at 58% loading.... been over an hour and a half now.. guessing t10 for jean grey is out.. anyone else having issues?
  • How did Steve change? I don't see it.
  • I like 7 day PVE's for new characters. Just because you disagree with something does not make it "insanity."
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    AznLyte wrote:
    I like 7 day PVE's for new characters. Just because you disagree with something does not make it "insanity."
    Insanity is doing th same thing over and over again expecting a different result.
    The Devs keep running 7 day PVE for new covers expecting us to enjoy it instead of complaining like always.
    Therefore they are doing the definition of insanity. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    R80 broke my game.. unable to play, sticks at 58% loading.... been over an hour and a half now.. guessing t10 for jean grey is out.. anyone else having issues?

I am unable to download the update at all. Keeps stopping with an error message. When they push through the forced update I will be unable to play at all. Considering as I have been top 3 over the course of the Hulk pve, I will be a very cranky kitty.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh cool, another update that doesn't fix the bug where required characters aren't auto-selected.

At least we can scroll through the Vault correctly now or something, though. Happy days.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof wrote:

I am unable to download the update at all. Keeps stopping with an error message. When they push through the forced update I will be unable to play at all. Considering as I have been top 3 over the course of the Hulk pve, I will be a very cranky kitty.

had to uninstall completely and re-install. It finally worked just before 10pm EST.. but all my progression in Hood PVP was gone, and i lost out on many hours of hulk PVP grinding, in addition to all my tokens still missing , which i already had a ticket in for... can't even add the 2 hood tokens to the ticket, because according to the game , i never started the pvp, ****...

losing 3+ hours of PVE time, and 680 points in Hood PVP, and still missing all my tokens.. this update may be the worst i have seen in a very long time.
  • Malcrof
    Just an addition to my last post:

So i tried restarting the Hood PVP, and after each match i get this:

4QIK6si.jpg

Did 1 fight in shield sim, same result.

Normally when this happens, it updates my season score anyway, but no joy on that..

1 or 2 matches, fine. it is a glitch.. but every single pvp match after losing all progression, no. Fix this asap please.. this is becoming one of my worst MPQ days ever... and of course it happens right after i was confident enough to drop some $$ into it to make sure i could roster Jean and roster a 2nd daredevil for purple team ups...