Patch Notes - R80 (07/27/15)

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
R80 update:

Jean Grey is here!

What's Happening...
    - Battle for Story Mode glory with the Hulk.

What Got Better...
    - Bug fix: The Thing now displays correctly when on the enemy team. - Bug fix: Players are now able to scroll through items in The Vault correctly. - Bug fix: Elektra no longer takes damage when
Shadow Step is activated (she previously took 1 damage).
- Updated the character model for Captain America (Steve Rogers).

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Why was Steve Roger's model updated? It seems odd to tweak his when it was perfectly fine to begin with.

And how is this considered "What Got Better..."
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is this the Hulk PvE that gives his Green cover at the end??

Is there any chance (before it hits live) that you would consider changing it to a Black? Just to mix it up from the usual.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Please stop the insanity. We've been over this repeatedly (with affirmation previously that mpq understood how players felt on the matter), please limit the number of 7 day pves, especially for new characters.

Normal 7 day pves are not fun. 7 day pves for new characters just shows a lack of understanding or disregard for what is not fun about pve. New characters should be a celebration, something for players to look forward to. Why rain on the parade by having a 7 day pve?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    If you could only read our minds about what's to come!

I'm Gray with anticipation!

(Also I'm optimistic that this next event won't be for a new character...please don't prove me wrong, guys!)
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

(Also I'm optimistic that this next event won't be for a new character...please don't prove me wrong, guys!)

I'm only hoping that maybe we won't see a FOURTH 4* in a row....other rarities exist, and if 4* is to remain "rare" perhaps they should be introduced LESS than other characters?
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

*Grey?

Or maybe you're White? We could have quite a dilEMMA deciding
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:

I'm only hoping that maybe we won't see a FOURTH 4* in a row....other rarities exist, and if 4* is to remain "rare" perhaps they should be introduced LESS than other characters?
    Do you not see what's happening? This is the start of the 4* transition. 3* have become what 2*s were when 3* started dropping all the time. Get that ISO ready!
  • Shadow
    Shadow Posts: 155
    Options
    Please stop the insanity. We've been over this repeatedly (with affirmation previously that mpq understood how players felt on the matter), please limit the number of 7 day pves, especially for new characters.

Normal 7 day pves are not fun. 7 day pves for new characters just shows a lack of understanding or disregard for what is not fun about pve. New characters should be a celebration, something for players to look forward to. Why rain on the parade by having a 7 day pve?

Seriously, top 10 on a 7 day pve isn't that bad. There's enough buffer for you to actually slack for 2 of the sub endings and is still doable. Even in a veteran bracket with many pro pve players, I placed 6th overall for EoTS so I know this is true. On a shorter pve, you actually cannot afford to be inconsistent if you want to place top 10.
  • Shadow
    Shadow Posts: 155
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:

I'm 90% certain that we won't see another 4* for a month or so. They had to release at least 2 4*s during the last 3 new character introductions because of the seasons rewards for seasons 16 and 17. Now that there are new 4*s to cover till season 18, there's a bit of breather in this area and they can afford to wait till closer to season 19 to release the next one.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]If you could only read our minds about what's to come!

Everyone seems to think this hints at a psychic character on the way, but the sentence actually implies that we can't read their mind.

Magneto and Juggernaut are the two obvious examples of characters whose minds are shielded. A 3* Juggs has long been requested and could be an interesting pause before the 4*s start up again. Similarly, Magneto is a prominent enough character that a 3rd variation doesn't seem impossible.

I'm sure there are other characters who can block psychic intrusions.
  • ballingbees
    ballingbees Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]If you could only read our minds about what's to come!
    I could try. Even more 4*s incoming?
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Options
    Shadow wrote:
    Seriously, top 10 on a 7 day pve isn't that bad. There's enough buffer for you to actually slack for 2 of the sub endings and is still doable. Even in a veteran bracket with many pro pve players, I placed 6th overall for EoTS so I know this is true. On a shorter pve, you actually cannot afford to be inconsistent if you want to place top 10.
    Shadow wrote:
    I'm 90% certain that we won't see another 4* for a month or so. They had to release at least 2 4*s during the last 3 new character introductions because of the seasons rewards for seasons 16 and 17. Now that there are new 4*s to cover till season 18, there's a bit of breather in this area and they can afford to wait till closer to season 19 to release the next one.

You know nuthing Jon Shnadow!
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Shadow wrote:

We're talking two different things. You're talking about the difficulty in placing, I'm talking about the playing time commitment.

Ant Man was an okay character, but he was not a px or hb. Also, his other pve gave out his own cover. So, I would think eots was an exception, not the rule.

But to be fair, we'll let you suggest the amount of playing time needed for a 7 day pve for a good character. I'm thinking it will be about an average of 3+ hours a day if subs are 24 hours each. But, we'll go with your suggestion.

Lastly, eots still feels new compared to other pves. If the clue above is correct, we're due for the hulk pve. Let's just say if it was a car, it no longer has that new car smell.
  • xandro
    xandro Posts: 17
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Yeah....me too!

It's about time that Gordon Lightfoot made his long-awaited appearance in MPQ
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jean Grey needs to be a 4*, please no more 3*'s, we have plenty.. add more 4*s and ways to get them.. and give us a place to grind iso.. every MMO/RPG ever made, you have the ability to grind exp/loot..except this one. the closest we have is the Shield sim, but if you actually play it, you rank to the point of nothing to beat.. we need a non-competitive iso/token/time-killer grind area
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shadow wrote:

You got lucky. My PvE bracket was an absolute nightmare. The second I dropped off of something near optimal I fell 20 places.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Apocalypse incoming then. Cool icon_e_smile.gif
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    I enjoyed the hulk event when it first came out, later down the line, it became a slog fest. Has this event been ran since the new rules were put in place regarding events?

On the topic of the new character - my guess is Jean Grey. She seems the most likely, but I believe, she will be in phoenix mode.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    thisone wrote:
    Apocalypse incoming then. Cool icon_e_smile.gif

Yes please, maybe an ultron type PVE or totally new Apocalypse PVE to introduce... please not a 7 day competitive one... please? i said please! PLEASE!!!!???
  • The Gunslinger
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]What Got Better...
      - Updated the character model for Captain America (Steve Rogers).
    Are you 100% sure this belongs under what got better?