Can we keep BoP permanently as a time killer?

Options
2»

Comments

• _Ryu_
    _Ryu_ Posts: 149
    Options
    A permanent BoP where every team can beat everyone else, where *'s have no meaning and everyone is afraid of the Juggernaut?

Count me in!!!

Love BoP and most the possibility to test various combinations with real challenging opponents. Don't know in which event structure this could be realized, maybe as a dummy ground without progression, only the same chance to get rewards like in all pvp's. Those who dislike it don't have to play it and the rest can go wild find out more about their roster and strategies.

Do not understand the hate against it?! Every match is a thriller where you can always be pushed to the edge of defeat against 1*'s, you have to calculate every move you made and hope there is no enemy cascade that could break your will to go on. My most satisfaction in this game comes from cracking the hard nuts, if you don't like the chance of getting defeated on an equal footing, leave it alone or what MC Hammer would say " The rest can go and play!"

If you want a challenge and a thrill, then BoP is what you are searching for!
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,234 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Buret0 wrote:
    turul wrote:
    As much as you like BoP, quite a lot of us dislike/hate it actually.

It is an offseason event, so it doesn't affect your season progression and can be ignored by those who dislike it.

I didn't get a good taste of it the last time because it was nothing but seed teams all the way up to 400 (which was super painful, because those last fifty points were all single digit).

i could say the same thing when people say they dont like PVE. Its not effecting you season score so if you dont like the pve ignore it
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You would not be facing juggs all the time, read my OP, randomly selected opponents.. he is 1 char.. maybe do it like this for enemy team makeup... a 1*, 2*, and 3*. Not fully covered. this is just a playground, not a championship bout.. It would be for us, as players to grind iso and play with underused chars or chars we are thinking of leveling/buying covers for, or to just kill time.

I know why people hate the PVP version of it, juggs, ares, juggs, ares, fistbustermania.... which is why i made sure to include a model that would limit ever seeing those.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've personally never been a big fan of BoP because with everyone at 270, matches tend to take too long and climbing becomes a slog, plus with every character on the opposing team doing big damage, it's pretty health pack intensive.

It's fine as an offseason event, though, especially when it doesn't have any prizes that I need. It was fun to tinker with a couple of teams, and 1k was still relatively easy to get without shields. Prof X/GSBW/2* Hawkeye might not be a great defense team, but it's lightning fast on offense, so that took away a lot of my usual frustrations with BoP. I'd be fine with it being run as an optional side event during the season as well, maybe as something that has prog rewards aimed at 2-3* transitioners (like covers for some fundamental 3*'s) to help them along a bit in their progression in the game. But I already feel that Shield Sim contributing to season score diminishes its use as a place to experiment because there's pressure to rank high, I hope they wouldn't repeat that mistake with another side event like this.
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    san-mpq wrote:
    I'm gunna go ahead and put the mod hat on and say that this was just a joke in light heart, and if it wasn't, there was no need to single him out and degrade him specifically for making a vague non-comment about "4* players" anyways.

Play nice please.

Hey, this is not colourful! You clearly aren't wearing your modding hat, so I'm going to take this opportunity and say na na na na na na.... chimichanga! icon_razz.gif
    ... and now I'll edit it to be a pretty pretty colour. I can't do rainbow, but pink is pretty.

disclaimer: (yes, I'm Canadian, there's a "u" in colour)

Fun Fact: I use a website to do that, actually. (The website I used to use doesn't exists as of a few months ago, but I use this now.)

Fun Fact: I sometimes accidentally type "favourite" and I have no idea why.

Fun Fact: Chimichangas.

Ah Gothic, thanks for not taking that too seriously. I like to have a bit of fun on the forums, and it's nice to know that mods like you are willing to go along with that. Much appreciated, bud icon_e_smile.gif.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    this is what shield simulator should be with no points or progression, just random iso/boosts; and not part of season. also no health lost or gain. just something to play when you don't have time to spend long periods playing or during waiting for health or packs to recharge.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    this is what shield simulator should be with no points or progression, just random iso/boosts; and not part of season. also no health lost or gain. just something to play when you don't have time to spend long periods playing or during waiting for health or packs to recharge.

Problem is this.. they just made shield sim progression rewards rather awesome.. so it is worth it now.

But i want something to do during downtime.. if i want to skip a PVE but still need ISO.. if i want to play with a char i just got covers for, to see if it is worth putting iso into, and still need iso...

no progression, no points.. and honestly. BoP fights, while they can cost you some health packs.. are rarely long matches.. powers doing many thousands over what they normally would, makes it rather the same length-wise, unless you are just messing around with undercovered toons (like my 2/3/2 PX, fun with Psylocke and Daken!) takes a bit to get going, but then doing thousands per simple match and attack tiles...
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    You would not be facing juggs all the time, read my OP, randomly selected opponents.. he is 1 char.. maybe do it like this for enemy team makeup... a 1*, 2*, and 3*. Not fully covered. this is just a playground, not a championship bout.. It would be for us, as players to grind iso and play with underused chars or chars we are thinking of leveling/buying covers for, or to just kill time.

I know why people hate the PVP version of it, juggs, ares, juggs, ares, fistbustermania.... which is why i made sure to include a model that would limit ever seeing those.

I would be in favor of it if it: Randomizes both teams from their available roster, and restores health back to pre-match levels. No rank, but Iso for losing, and MORE Iso for winning.

That would force you to fight with odd teams and try out different combinations.

As a side note, I don't see how BoP allows you to try out characters to see if they are worth leveling when everyone is unrealistically boosted... and will never reach that level of play, unless they are 4* characters. I leave Simulator for trying out new teams. Simulator is so refreshing to play after slogging through boosted PVP fights. I love boosted characters, but I like sometimes playing PVP where Nobody is boosted.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    I've personally never been a big fan of BoP because with everyone at 270, matches tend to take too long and climbing becomes a slog, plus with every character on the opposing team doing big damage, it's pretty health pack intensive.

It's fine as an offseason event, though, especially when it doesn't have any prizes that I need. It was fun to tinker with a couple of teams, and 1k was still relatively easy to get without shields. Prof X/GSBW/2* Hawkeye might not be a great defense team, but it's lightning fast on offense, so that took away a lot of my usual frustrations with BoP. I'd be fine with it being run as an optional side event during the season as well, maybe as something that has prog rewards aimed at 2-3* transitioners (like covers for some fundamental 3*'s) to help them along a bit in their progression in the game. But I already feel that Shield Sim contributing to season score diminishes its use as a place to experiment because there's pressure to rank high, I hope they wouldn't repeat that mistake with another side event like this.
    juggernaut says hi
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:

juggernaut says hi

Juggernaut has always been a BoP all-star, although his self-damage made him hard to use for sustained climbs. My alt team during my climb was Juggy/KK/Cage, which wasn't nearly as fast as my match 5 of death team, but barely took any damage. Throw out one of Cage's cheap jabs after a Headbutt and if you have a Kamala with 5 yellow, Juggy will be all healed up again because it has triggered twice. You basically keep using that temp healing buffer for the damage of Headbutt after that, with the occasional 5k team damage from Kamala or 10k single target damage from Cage mixed in.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:

juggernaut says hi

Juggernaut has always been a BoP all-star, although his self-damage made him hard to use for sustained climbs. My alt team during my climb was Juggy/KK/Cage, which wasn't nearly as fast as my match 5 of death team, but barely took any damage. Throw out one of Cage's cheap jabs after a Headbutt and if you have a Kamala with 5 yellow, Juggy will be all healed up again because it has triggered twice. You basically keep using that temp healing buffer for the damage of Headbutt after that, with the occasional 5k team damage from Kamala or 10k single target damage from Cage mixed in.
    interesting, so it was faster than juggernaut still....
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    They should really just "balance" the event at level 166 instead of 270. That would deal with some of the massive health and time to play issues, and it would mean those level ones aren't growing exponentially for another 100 levels.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The matches feel long but I'd be ok with one in Pve And one in PVp that has like random iso awards and serves as a playground for your characters.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Buret0 wrote:
    They should really just "balance" the event at level 166 instead of 270. That would deal with some of the massive health and time to play issues, and it would mean those level ones aren't growing exponentially for another 100 levels.
    no!!!! the idea is that the tables are turned and 3*/4* players are no longer key! That would ruin that!
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Options
    Just play prologue missions over. They go quick when you have max 3/4 star.pngs All the iso you could ever need is there, in chunks of 20. icon_lol.gif