Can we keep BoP permanently as a time killer?

Options
Malcrof
Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Can we keep BoP permanently as a time killer? Make it a non PVP vs random teams, set rewards to 1/2 of standard PVP, no progression.. maybe a chance at a token.

Balance of Power is always so much fun, get to try out so many random teams, and try out characters you have rostered to see who you want to throw ISO into.. If we could have something like this around at all times, non competitive, just an iso farm with the occasional token or whatnot, this could solve the iso shortage, and give those who just want to slaughter things in downtime without competing, a place to kill time.

Thoughts?

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    permanent BoP lightning round? interesting concept. I'd prefer LRs all week but would be appreciative of something like this. thing is this is always health pack heavy for me so not sure how much I'd play it - LRs provide 6-8 matches with no health packs required. also, regular events tend to fill my time plenty well. it would be something though - that gives more than 20 iso, so it would be a step in the right direction.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    Or at least make the event longer. It isn't a season event, let us play this PvP for the whole offseason.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Can we keep BoP permanently as a time killer? Make it a non PVP vs random teams, set rewards to 1/2 of standard PVP, no progression.. maybe a chance at a token.

Balance of Power is always so much fun, get to try out so many random teams, and try out characters you have rostered to see who you want to throw ISO into.. If we could have something like this around at all times, non competitive, just an iso farm with the occasional token or whatnot, this could solve the iso shortage, and give those who just want to slaughter things in downtime without competing, a place to kill time.

Thoughts?

As much as you like BoP, quite a lot of us dislike/hate it actually.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    turul wrote:

It is an offseason event, so it doesn't affect your season progression and can be ignored by those who dislike it.

I didn't get a good taste of it the last time because it was nothing but seed teams all the way up to 400 (which was super painful, because those last fifty points were all single digit).
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    turul wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Thoughts?

Yeah, there's more than enough level 395 headbutts handed out in PVE, we really don't need this in PVP any longer than 2 1/2 days.

If you want to try out goofy teams, fool around in SSim for the first two weeks.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    turul wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Thoughts?

That's me. Hate it. Don't even know why really, it should be fun. I think I preferred the old "No Holds Barred" event better. No boosts. Bring your best team and that's it. Yea, I realize that's basically Shield Sim, but that's not a regular PvP. You could make it more interesting by not allowing 4*s in it. Guess you couldn't call it No Holds Barred anymore tho, but it would eliminate the unavoidable domination of FistBuster
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Can we keep BoP permanently as a time killer?
    My fear is that if they did this, there'd be no chance of getting 24/7 LRs.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Love the idea, but only if there are iso drops. I understand no progressives or placement rewards. But given how long bop matches take, I don't think iso drops would significantly alter the game economy.
  • Unknown
    Options
    can we keep BoP as revenge on the 4* players?
  • Honu141
    Honu141 Posts: 84
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    And you wonder why you keep getting hit on your climbs...
  • Unknown
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Honu141 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Its all in good fun, its offseason and finally, 4* characters don't rule the roost.

PVPs shouldn't just be HEY COPY PASTA, they should have variety

But damn, if y'all gonna hold grudges and /color][color=#ff7f00]s[/color][color=#ffff00]t[/color][color=#80ff00]u[/color][color=#00ff00]f[/color][color=#00ffff]f[/color][color=#0000ff
    .....NoFun.png
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Honu141 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

I'm gunna go ahead and put the mod hat on and say that this was just a joke in light heart, and if it wasn't, there was no need to single him out and degrade him specifically for making a vague non-comment about "4* players" anyways.

Play nice please.
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm gunna go ahead and put the mod hat on and say that this was just a joke in light heart, and if it wasn't, there was no need to single him out and degrade him specifically for making a vague non-comment about "4* players" anyways.

Play nice please.

Hey, this is not colourful! You clearly aren't wearing your modding hat, so I'm going to take this opportunity and say na na na na na na.... chimichanga! icon_razz.gif
    ... and now I'll edit it to be a pretty pretty colour. I can't do rainbow, but pink is pretty.

disclaimer: (yes, I'm Canadian, there's a "u" in colour)
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    san-mpq wrote:

Play nice please.

Hey, this is not colourful! You clearly aren't wearing your modding hat, so I'm going to take this opportunity and say na na na na na na.... chimichanga! icon_razz.gif
    ... and now I'll edit it to be a pretty pretty colour. I can't do rainbow, but pink is pretty.

disclaimer: (yes, I'm Canadian, there's a "u" in colour)

Fun Fact: I use a website to do that, actually. (The website I used to use doesn't exists as of a few months ago, but I use this now.)

Fun Fact: I sometimes accidentally type "favourite" and I have no idea why.

Fun Fact: Chimichangas.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think for BOP to be full time it would need to be simulator. With that being the case it would have to open up 2* players to players with full rosters. It would still make it easier for 2* players to do well in the simulator, but it would still make them targets. 3* players have a lot more depth and can use a lot more teams.
    Overall I prefer regular PVP to BoP, but it would be an interesting concept for simulator. Again the original point of simulator was for new players to be able to get progression rewards and use as practice for PVP. Well if everyone was 270 they could play against more teams progress farther in the season rewards, and when they actually play PVP might be more willing to take on bigger people.

Oh wait forget that bad idea keep the 2* down and don't give them hope. It is brutal enoug in PVP already with so many people over 1000 points.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,313 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd also like it to stay as a testing for new team combinations.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yes, please! I used to love this pvp because as a 2* player it finally allowed me to take on the 3*s and 4*s. I now have a solid 3* roster and some 4*s that will be useful in a season or two and I still love the event. I have almost all the 3s maxcovered now, but I don't really want to pump iso into the likes of Squirrel girl just in order to try them out. Enter Balance of power, and voila! No iso needed to see how well a character can do.

OT: Now that I am a semi-vet, I still don't see why most seem to hate this event. Is it all because of Headbuts or is there another reason I am missing?
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Don't agree with keeping it as a permanent fixture but do think that it should pop up more occasionally as lightning rounds or other non-season events. I think it's fun if you don't take it seriously.
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I love the event. As stated, it is nice to test out maxed out characters you have covered just to see how comps work. Also, I have just been having a blast trying many different combinations, not caring if I get retaliated against. I have loved running Loki, Hood, She-Hulk lol.
  • Unknown
    Options
    illiana wrote:
    Yes, please! I used to love this pvp because as a 2* player it finally allowed me to take on the 3*s and 4*s. I now have a solid 3* roster and some 4*s that will be useful in a season or two and I still love the event. I have almost all the 3s maxcovered now, but I don't really want to pump iso into the likes of Squirrel girl just in order to try them out. Enter Balance of power, and voila! No iso needed to see how well a character can do.

OT: Now that I am a semi-vet, I still don't see why most seem to hate this event. Is it all because of Headbuts or is there another reason I am missing?

look at the most upvoted thing in this thread to find out why

its just grumpy players that don't like being forced off their throne