A New Way to PvE

2»

Comments

• Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    FF:RK runs events kind of like this, and they're pretty nice, because they give you the power to grind as much as you feel like doing and you don't feel like you're missing out on something

What is FF:RK?
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    FF:RK runs events kind of like this, and they're pretty nice, because they give you the power to grind as much as you feel like doing and you don't feel like you're missing out on something

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ffrk
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards

although i had already googled it, i think that lmgtfy is now my favorite site ever.. greatest troll tool in history.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof wrote:

although i had already googled it, i think that lmgtfy is now my favorite site ever.. greatest troll tool in history.

I googled it as "FF:RK" and didn't get hits that made sense, so at least I tried....
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    It's Final Fantasy Record Keeper. It's every Final Fantasy story and character imaginable, broken into tiny, bite sized chunks of play. And the best part? It's 100% PvE, there is absolutely no competitive element to it whatsoever. Also, no roster slots: you win a character, he's yours. Good times man, good times icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Starshatter
    Starshatter Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Make this happen!!!
  • Ande76
    Ande76 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    I too think this would be great!
    Sometimes I get in to those "death brackets" that its really hard to compete even if I get lots of points...
    This would solve lots of issues
  • tanis3303
    Giving this a shameless bump as we get ready for yet another 4 day grind of the same rehashed content...Just read a post from Mr. Madrox himself that states that the dev team is more likely to read the constructive posts in this Suggestion/Feedback section than they are to read stuff in General, and since this idea seems awfully popular, lets see if we can't get them to take notice icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Devs!!!! read this post MOAR!
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    they already said the pve will stay the way it is so why keep bumping it
  • slidecage wrote:
    To show we want this. They can adjust their choices to meet player demand (or their own whims) whenever they choose. Why not let them know that PVE that isn't directly competitive would be a welcome addition?
  • ZekeBarrett
    ZekeBarrett Posts: 85 Match Maker
    I support the idea! This is done with other games like Star Wars Commander.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    drewesque wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    To show we want this. They can adjust their choices to meet player demand (or their own whims) whenever they choose. Why not let them know that PVE that isn't directly competitive would be a welcome addition?

PVP should be fix first before anything is done with pve
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    First, yes, please. Well thought out. Addresses most of the forum gripes of PvE. And even sounds like more fun!

Second, it's amazing that two pages in the worst thing someone has to say about the idea is "PvP first". (I won't pursue the priority question, other than to say I'd love to see this "true PvE" idea implemented.) It's rare thing that an idea on this forum would have no detractors.
  • tanis3303 wrote:
    So I have this idea right...PvE is a crazy grind if you want the top prizes. We're talking about 4-5 hours per day of just grinding nodes to dust. What if we switched it to an event currency type of system, where you get to choose what you win from the event?

I don't know if I like your idea, but I will agree that PvE is stupid right now.

I have zero chance of getting a legendary token because I can only play a couple of hours a day (you know, I have a full-time job, a family, and all that).

It is beyond stupid that you have to login 3x a day and hit all the nodes of every chapter in order to win. There has to be a better way.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lol, I didn't look at the date on the OP and read this like it was new. I really like the concept. There has to be a way to get rid of the "scheduled play" element. I can't see how that benefits the devs, it's not like they're advertising on the game and get money each time you log in.
  • tanis3303
    Shameless bump in light of the PvE "experiment" we're involved in at the moment...Everyone seemed to like this idea a whole heck of a lot more than what the Dev team has come up with to "fix" Story mode, so lets up-vote this to oblivion and show them another option!
  • Thunder Chief
    Thunder Chief Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Shameless bump in light of the PvE "experiment" we're involved in at the moment...Everyone seemed to like this idea a whole heck of a lot more than what the Dev team has come up with to "fix" Story mode, so lets up-vote this to oblivion and show them another option!
    +100

I'm with you! This new PvE system they're trying misses the mark in oh so many ways. As a alliance-mate of mine has been saying for months, if not at least a year...

"In MPQ, PvE is PvP, and PvP is Co-op."

A truer statement had never been said. So, their current experiment is basically just a new kind of PvP. Just stirred up and reheated, but it is still SSDD. Now instead of 3 perfect clears and a 2-3h end grind (total of 9 runs each repeatable node), you have a fore grind of 7 with new and improved "infinity scaling", then an end grind of 5 (I think... being a big supporter of the system proposed here, I haven't had the stomach to be a good Guinea pig for them).

I was not a big fan of the old system, but this... this is a huge slap in the face for anybody who wanted change to a true PvE in this game. While I don't pretend to know what is the "best" solution for both players and D3/demiurge's bank accounts, I can tell you this... what they're currently trying ain't it.

Go back to the drawing board, D3/demiurge. And while you are at it, read the OP again...

and again...
  • Ricobe
    Ricobe Posts: 8
    I really like the idea. Would definitely make PvE more interesting again. I'm at a position that if i don't have the event characters, the event is hardly worth playing, cuz they are needed to get the good rewards.

They could also mix it. Have a point system where you can buy rewards with the points, along with an overall ranking to get bonus rewards. Casual players and players not giving full on one event, will still be able to get good rewards, which makes it still fun to play.

Event point system can also bring 4* characters back in play more. There are lots of 4* characters and when they're so rare to get, the 3* characters become more valuable. Especially for new players