Are Slot prices ok now?

Options
2»

Comments

• IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The only way I can afford to keep up with my roster slot needs at current prices is if D3 keeps screwing up and compensating at a rate of at least 250HP per month icon_lol.gif
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Was getting a pretty good inflow of HP, but then they implemented the extra 4-star cover at 1300 which means I've been spending more HP trying to hit a higher progression. Also been hoarding Taco tokens so the occasional HP rewards I used to get from that has dried up. When I do spend my hoarded tokens though I imagine I'll get a nice burst of HP.
  • Zombionicdoom
    Zombionicdoom Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    I always wondered how much they went up to but a cap at 1000 is still stupidly high. It's like you're being punished for being a long term player of the game.

I very much feel that the cap should be in the 500-600 region, ultimately players will still have to pay for coins to recruit all the heroes they want but at least it's a fair price.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    those who are playing on pc for at least the last month really have no reason to complain about Cost. Steam give you 8500 HP for 33 bucks or less just last month,

I put 53 real cash into this game and will not need to buy anymore Real cash for at least i year..Im paying either 950 or 1000 Per slot with 75 people. I have 12 slots open and have 4500 HP to buy another 4 slots min.

those who are complaing about cost maybe if you put REAL money into this game instead of thinking they owe you everything for free, then maybe the cost will start to come down. I would love to see what Little % even puts real cash into this game.

Like i said i put little over 50 bucks into the game i doubt i will ever have to put another penny into it. I figured if i play it a year that is less then 5 bucks per month and i got way more then 5 bucks worth of fun out of this game per month
  • Unknown
    Options
    Gotta agree that they are a too high. It wouldn't be as big of a deal if they didn't require you to have certain characters to compete in other events, as others have stated. I have invested real money in this game, because I feel like you should give back to the developers when you are enjoying their product, but there comes a time when the output gets a bit absurd. The need to burn HP to advance in PVP at times, shield yourself and buy slots; it really eats away fast. It used to not be so bad, because there were other means of getting HP. PvP/PvE advancement and selling old 3/4* covers used to help offset somewhat, but they dwarfed or completely removed a lot of that. I think a further cost reduction/cap would help keep players while not hurting their bottom line that much, if at all.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Options
    I haven't played competitively for about 6 months. between Ultron, dailies, progressions, I've had no problem keeping up with roster slots. I don't have Thing yet, but I do have two OBWs and Blades. the 1000 cap is good enough for me.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Still way, way to high - but I've grown tired on my crusade for this. 1K is ridiculous, if they want to stick with the 1K "cap"...they should keep it as is, and once you pay for that first 1K slot you open infinite slots.

Or just cap the dang things at a reasonable number, like 500. Even 700/800 is to high at the rate the characters are coming out.

I was a "collector" and I know of many others that used to do that - and just had to give up with how many characters are now in the game. Once you give up on those 1*'s, it's pretty easy to realize you can give up on keeping most of the 2*'s as well.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Still way, way to high - but I've grown tired on my crusade for this. 1K is ridiculous, if they want to stick with the 1K "cap"...they should keep it as is, and once you pay for that first 1K slot you open infinite slots.

Or just cap the dang things at a reasonable number, like 500. Even 700/800 is to high at the rate the characters are coming out.

I was a "collector" and I know of many others that used to do that - and just had to give up with how many characters are now in the game. Once you give up on those 1*'s, it's pretty easy to realize you can give up on keeping most of the 2*'s as well.
    if they capped at 500 I'd probably have every character in the game (other than dino - few more months till I get him). as it stands I have my single 1* and 8-2*s and keep the other **s available in my waiting list, which is a real pain.
  • Zombionicdoom
    Zombionicdoom Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    those who are playing on pc for at least the last month really have no reason to complain about Cost. Steam give you 8500 HP for 33 bucks or less just last month,

I put 53 real cash into this game and will not need to buy anymore Real cash for at least i year..Im paying either 950 or 1000 Per slot with 75 people. I have 12 slots open and have 4500 HP to buy another 4 slots min.

those who are complaing about cost maybe if you put REAL money into this game instead of thinking they owe you everything for free, then maybe the cost will start to come down. I would love to see what Little % even puts real cash into this game.

Like i said i put little over 50 bucks into the game i doubt i will ever have to put another penny into it. I figured if i play it a year that is less then 5 bucks per month and i got way more then 5 bucks worth of fun out of this game per month

I've put the equivalent to $84 into this game, which I'm more than happy to do, I don't drink, I don't smoke, this is my only vice and my little treat to myself for supporting my family and a cap at 1000hp is still far too much, 5-600 is fair and would be a fair price for all players, payers and non-payers.

And I play on my phone not on steam so I don't get any sweet steam hp deals.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Options
    maybe they could throw in a roster slot or 2 for your purchase, something so sweeten the bitter taste of high prices. i put about a $100 into this game, most went into xforce... im going to go cry now. icon_redface.gif
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm with many people here - paying 800 HP per slot and think that's too high. If Roster slots were lower I'd actually add several of the 2*s back into my roster - I enjoy playing with them from time to time, but it's just too expensive.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm another player currently @750 cost, and yes 1000 is ridiculous. Heck, 750 is ridiculous. The problem is, by the time they address this (if ever) by lowering the cap again how much will we all have spent already? A few months ago they lowered the price of all slots before 25 (or maybe it was 50) to help new players. This was a great idea, but did any of us who had already passed that point get any HP refunded? No. We just got to buy the slots at the original price...great. So if they lower it to 500, it's not like we're going to get back all the overage HP that we've repeatedly spent for every slot past the 500 mark.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Magisse wrote:
    I'm another player currently @750 cost, and yes 1000 is ridiculous. Heck, 750 is ridiculous. The problem is, by the time they address this (if ever) by lowering the cap again how much will we all have spent already? A few months ago they lowered the price of all slots before 25 (or maybe it was 50) to help new players. This was a great idea, but did any of us who had already passed that point get any HP refunded? No. We just got to buy the slots at the original price...great. So if they lower it to 500, it's not like we're going to get back all the overage HP that we've repeatedly spent for every slot past the 500 mark.

main reason why i have almost 4500 in hp that i could buy for more slots (though i have 11 open) wont buy more until i need them and will just store the HP, in case they do drop the price, i do not ever see them to do refunds
  • Unknown
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    Magisse wrote:

main reason why i have almost 4500 in hp that i could buy for more slots (though i have 11 open) wont buy more until i need them and will just store the HP, in case they do drop the price, i do not ever see them to do refunds

Hmmm....do you earn interest on open slots?
    That's why he has 11. He bought 10 at 10% interest. icon_e_wink.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    Magisse wrote:

Hmmm....do you earn interest on open slots?

If it makes you feel better I have over 10k HP. I keep telling myself I am going to buy a couple 4* covers but when I see the cost of 2500 HP I keep backing off.

Yes I am cheep. On the other hand I do have a nice 401k, and savings balance.

Back on point roster slots are still too high, but in the video they did say they were working on a permenant fix. That means by December they will have something for us.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's been a little bit before I weighted in one this particular discussion, but I think the "most fair" price should be achievable in the event you earn the cover in.

On one side, you have to consider that Demuirge/D3 have a pocket to line, and that is okay, so I don't think it's fair for us to get completely free character in a completely free game.

MPQ does it's player base a pretty good solid in it's flow of Hero Points. A lot of mobile games don't even give you a chance to get premium currency in-game, and if they do give you opportunities, it's usually presented in such a way that it's only easy the first time, so you get the taste of "how awesome it is".

I feel like MPQ does a fairly good job of avoiding those scenarios - if anything, they have the opposite problem - though they to lend to that perception some with Roster Slots (i.e. it's never really "easy" to open roster slots, there's never really a feeling of how "awesome" Heroic Tokens are, etc).

Now, on our side, it's pretty **** feeling to get a cover and not be able to open a slot for it. I think the best thing to do is not actually a cap on roster slot prices, but to adjust the price based on the 'Star Rating' and how new it is - akin to how League of Legends prices Champions.

In LoL right now, the single newest Champion (right now it's Tamh Kench) is 7800 IP. The bracket of Champions under that is 6300 IP (the newest Champion falls off into the category after two or three weeks). So on and so forth down the line, with the bottom being 780 or something to that effect.

Generally speaking, they just degrade in price over time, but certain Champions that show to continue to be strong throughout metas stagnate in higher price points (Shaco, Kog`Maw) or if they show to be too weak they lower their price point to avoid them feeling like new player traps (Karma, Shyvana) for various reasons.

I don't know how I would exactly incorporate this into MPQ, but it's probably be something like this;

Newest 4*: 750 HP.
    Other 4*s: 500 HP.

Newest 3*: 500 HP.
    Middle Pool 3*s (think Groot, Cykes, Blade, etc): 300 HP.
    Bottom Pool 3*s (think Pyslocke, Falcon, Captain America): 200 HP.

Newest 2*: 200 HP.
    Other 2*s: 100 HP.

1*s: Imo these should cost ISO-8, if not, 25 HP.

The idea here is it is attainable by a player in that general transitioning area, but it's not given to them on a silver platter. As more characters rolled out to different character pools, they could be tweaked a bit, but the general idea is to make them attainable, but not free. There has to be some middle ground that allows for playability and profitability.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I agree with you Kratos. MPQ is actually more generous than most freemium games out there. Personally I've never played LoL so I have no idea they ran an interesting their slots like that. However, wouldn't this system cause the angry mob to mobilise and scream "REFUND OR RIOT"?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I actually keep in the top 100 in PvE and the occasional PvP. The rate of these new characters outpaces the hp I can get by a large margin.

I think it'd be great if top 50/100 PvP or PvE events gave out a roster token. Get two (or four) of them and unlock a slot. I'd still have to mine hp but it'd be less hectic.
  • Unknown
    Options
    If they are going to flood new characters then roster slot prices need to drop drastically.