Are Slot prices ok now?

Options
Xenoberyll
Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
The devs announced a cap to roster slot prices and i haven't seen a post about them anymore since even though most players probably aren't affected (helped) by the change in the slightest (smart politican move by the devs i guess) Is everybody happy with the slot prices now?

Comments

• mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Still a bit on the pricey side. Mines still 750 but will go up soon. Not sure what to though. Anyhow seems strange the more you invest in the game the more penalised you get.

1k cap does not go far enough.

Would like to see a bogof promotion. Two slots for one sale would help. icon_e_wink.gif
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Don't think they are ok. I think 750 / 800 HP would be fair
  • Born2DieNPvP
    Born2DieNPvP Posts: 163
    Options
    Nope. Hasn't helped me in the slightest. But I'm a completionist. Most people aren't. Honestly though I think a flat 500 hp cost would benefit them and the player base greatly. If they are going to flood new characters then roster slot prices need to drop drastically.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With every PvE having essentials and an unending steam of new characters, nope, prices are still way too high.
  • Unknown
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm currently @ 83 slots. I stopped buying slots and started selling off my duplicate characters when the price got over 1K per slot.

So from my perspective, 1000 HP is still too expensive for a slot.

I would be much more comfortable in the 500-600 HP Range.

marc
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Options
    Everything in this game is overpriced. this is just a character tax, you don't get a free character that comes with it, it is just the seat at the table. it shouldn't cost more then 250HP. I think it should be free for you first character and duplicate characters you want to make you need to pay to keep, and can be based on rarity of the character you are getting. i now have 54 roster slots it has cost me 17575 imcoin.png to unlock those extra chairs for my team members. it would be nice to have that extra HP to throw around. we wouldn't need gimmicks to get 4*s. we could just save up for them, boom 4* transition solved. but the prices for covers are crazy expensive especially that we are getting HP in 100 or less chunks usually for limited sources for example there is no random reward for like 10 Hp to help us out.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The current cap on roster slots is kind of like a tourniquet when you're bleeding out from a serious groin wound. You're not magically okay, but at least the bleeding has stopped and they can work on fixing you.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think 1000 is really A LOT, more now that we are supposed to have all characters (even 2) with all the weekly featured, etc.

I think a fair price would be something like 500 or 600.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Put succinctly? No.

DBC
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I haven't even reached the cap yet and I still think slots are severely overpriced. I have three new characters in my inventory about to expire, five if I count Moonstone & Bullseye. Cost to roster them all? Over $20.

And that doesn't even make them playable characters; it just lets me begin to build them!

A 'tax' is the right description. It's not even a pay-to-win thing, it's pay-to-play, effectively.

But, it is what it is. D3 clearly isn't changing this model.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Highly overpriced! 1000HP seems a lot since there's always new characters coming out and 2 are now part of the essentials. Give us ways to win rosters slots directly.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    way overpriced. I'm at 63 with the next costing 800 I think. if they would do away with the ** and **** requirement in pve it would be much easier. I'm a completionist at heart but hate being required to roster everything in the game and managing the sell list for my essential ** slot.
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm at 750 HP slot prices and am starting to feel the pain. I know that unless something changes, I'm going to have to finally decide that I have a roster I like and move on. At one point, I had 1755 HP saved up, but have landed some new characters am sitting at 455 HP worried my Classic Magneto is going to finally arrive and I won't be able to keep him icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    New characters & the fact that higher star character covers are given at a higher frequency caused me to spend real money on the game for the 1st time, just for HP maybe 1 month ago. I'm back down to 300HP currently & I see a R&G cover being released to me soon in the daily rewards pipeline. I'm gonna have to figure something out when that happens because R&G is a good character that I don't necessarily want to lose.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    rawfsu wrote:
    I'm at 750 HP slot prices and am starting to feel the pain. I know that unless something changes, I'm going to have to finally decide that I have a roster I like and move on. At one point, I had 1755 HP saved up, but have landed some new characters am sitting at 455 HP worried my Classic Magneto is going to finally arrive and I won't be able to keep him icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

I would burn nearly every other character in the game before I let Cmags get away.
  • Turbosmooth
    Turbosmooth Posts: 213
    Options
    Devs hinted at giving a slot as a reward in the future. Hopefully they don't make it unreachable in the PvP 1300 area. They should make it achievable for most players.
    I'm at 950 HP with 73 slots. I have 4 duplicates: 2 fully covered, but my play has shifted so I barely even use their originals unless they are essential. The other two I think will be more handy. With 10 health packs, I might not need keep any duplicates. It comes down to them being one extra (expensive) health pack. It might make a huge difference between placing 10th or 11th which is always cringey. The duplicates can also be built differently for other situations.

I think I will sell Bagman before these duplicates. I had 3 other duplicates that were covered before, but they are gone.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You know what they do in Spider-Man Unlimited? Give away slots as progression rewards in events. Not every single one, but often enough that it really helps with the influx of new Spideys.

It's an easy answer to an ever-increasing problem.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I haven't even reached the cap yet and I still think slots are severely overpriced. I have three new characters in my inventory about to expire, five if I count Moonstone & Bullseye. Cost to roster them all? Over $20.

And that doesn't even make them playable characters; it just lets me begin to build them!

A 'tax' is the right description. It's not even a pay-to-win thing, it's pay-to-play, effectively.

But, it is what it is. D3 clearly isn't changing this model.

That's why i made the thread. I felt it wasn't getting much attention anymore after they announced the cap. Before that there were a lot of posts demanding a cap. Now they introduced one that is way too high and helps nearly nobody and all went quiet. Can't let them get away with that, can we? icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    No! 1000 really is too high imo. 500 is high enough!

I am making two duplicates, Luke Cage (I want one at 5/3/5 for pvp and one at 3/5/5 for pve) and Iron Fist (I have him 3/5/5 for quick and easy Loki/Hood/OBW busting but also want him 5/5/3 for fights against characters with high health), all the other characters are on my roster only once.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Definitely too high. Just realised I have to either bin a 3* or drop 800hp to re-house yet again 2* marvel.

Seems a really strange way to progress .