Comments

• rawl316
    rawl316 Posts: 114
    Options
    I know who I'm sniping in pvp!
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think I was the first one to notice the bug (2+ months ago) but recently I began to think it was working as intended. 8 AP skill that does no damage to generate 7 or 9 quasi-random AP seems balanced. Hotfix nerfing it to generate 4 or 5 solidifies my original assessment that its a pretty bad skill. If charged tiles is the problem have it destroy the tile then generate 2xAP based on the original tile. Either that or make it do +2k damage and have the ability to target any tile type at 4+ covers..
  • Unknown
    Options
    How about we all complain about SW's blue constantly burying itself in the corners...
    In a 8x8 board, there is a ~44% chance that a randomly picked tile will be on the border. ~34% if you discount the top edge that could be dropped into the center of the board. This has probably been accounted for in the design of Arcane Incantation.
    dkffiv wrote:
    I think I was the first one to notice the bug (2+ months ago) but recently I began to think it was working as intended.
    I noticed some unusual AP gains when Scarlet Witch was first introduced too, but only understood what was going on after reading your bug report from back then. It seemed like a pretty easy bug to test and verify, so I did not pile on and bump your report every two hours. I guess squeaky wheel does get the oil in the end.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This must be a new D3 nerf land speed record. 24 hours from Phaserhawk opening mouth to nerf being implemented. I'm going to call the nerfed ability Phaserhawk Bolt from now on.
    hmm maybe phaserhawk should make a post on how much spidey is "bugged" icon_e_wink.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Anyone else generating double AP from the randomly destroyed tiles?

Edit your post to delete your comments before the devs see it or they will likely "fix it" like they did She Hulk

I told you this would happen! icon_lol.gif

I'm shocked they did it so fast though.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vynyv wrote:
    How about we all complain about SW's blue constantly burying itself in the corners...
    In a 8x8 board, there is a ~44% chance that a randomly picked tile will be on the border. ~34% if you discount the top edge that could be dropped into the center of the board. This has probably been accounted for in the design of Arcane Incantation.

Along the edge is actually good, edges have the highest probability of generating a 4 or 5 match if there is any other purple in the area (I think they announced it will no longer transform tiles that are already purple so that may not be true anymore). The 3% chance its in the bottom right/left corner is what sucks.
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    This must be a new D3 nerf land speed record. 24 hours from Phaserhawk opening mouth to nerf being implemented. I'm going to call the nerfed ability Phaserhawk Bolt from now on.
    hmm maybe phaserhawk should make a post on how much spidey is "bugged" icon_e_wink.gif

Fully agree.
    Phaserhawk, please assist. We need spidey more corrected. He is sooooooo bugged right now.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    Vynyv wrote:
    dkffiv wrote:
    I think I was the first one to notice the bug (2+ months ago) but recently I began to think it was working as intended.
    I noticed some unusual AP gains when Scarlet Witch was first introduced too, but only understood what was going on after reading your bug report from back then. It seemed like a pretty easy bug to test and verify, so I did not pile on and bump your report every two hours. I guess squeaky wheel does get the oil in the end.

Yes, but how often does it appear in the lower left or right corner? Supposed to be 3% of the time, but I would say it is more like 20% of the time.

I don't mind it appearing on the edge of the board, there are plenty of ways to ensure that an Incantation placed against the side of the map will crit. Even when the tile starts in the top left or right corner, you can drop it to a better position. It is the "at best you are getting three purples" tinykitty in the corner that I hate with a passion, mostly because it seems to come up at least one in five or six times instead of one in every 32 times.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    Can the OP please create a thread in General Discussion called "Professor X Blind Spot" and ask if anyone else is seeing Prof X boosting AFTER damage is dealt from punch attack tiles?

I'd like to see that well known bug resolved within 24 hours. Kthanks.
  • Unknown
    Options
    rawl316 wrote:
    I know who I'm sniping in pvp!

Me too. But with scarlet witch.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:

Fully agree.
    Phaserhawk, please assist. We need spidey more corrected. He is sooooooo bugged right now.

Well I'll take my newfound powers and find other characters to buff or nerf. But they at least fixed her blue too, now doesn't overwrite purple as they said but now is actually a 3cd tile and not 4
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,945 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Locking this thread. While I understand the animosity toward the OP, my advice is to just let it go.
This discussion has been closed.