Scarlet Witch Hex Bolt

Options
Phaserhawk
Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Anyone else generating double AP from the randomly destroyed tiles?

Comments

• tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    SHHHHHHH!!!!
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:

Haven't noticed. Seems to be one for one to me. icon_eek.gif
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    A few people have noticed, but don't speak up for fear of it being a bug and not a feature, since it isn't mentioned in the power description at all.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Remember the good old days when you could downvote an ill-advised post to make it invisible? Sweet memories...
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:

Edit your post to delete your comments before the devs see it or they will likely "fix it" like they did She Hulk
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like how this character had two skills that did not work as described, yet we made a big deal over the one that negatively affected the players, while we try to hide the one that benefits us.

Fix her BLUE!
    Green? What green? I ain't never met no green, No siree!

icon_rolleyes.gif
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jojeda654 wrote:
    I like how this character had two skills that did not work as described, yet we made a big deal over the one that negatively affected the players, while we try to hide the one that benefits us.

Fix her BLUE!

icon_rolleyes.gif

I never actually noticed until it was mentioned. I am a terrible, terrible mpq player... just mindlessly matching stuff.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I never actually noticed until it was mentioned. I am a terrible, terrible mpq player... just mindlessly matching stuff.

Nah, you've just reached that MPQ zen state. It's good for you.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=28208&start=140

You had a post on the following page!
  • Huatimus
    Huatimus Posts: 115
    Options
    Perhaps not everyone reads every post on the character discussion pages, but it's definitely not a new thing. I'm definitely a supporter of 5 points in green skill. Makes SW not just a purple AP battery, but also a slightly targeted AP battery also(Especially easy if you aim at the sides/corner/have friendly tiles like her own blue ability). And in case no one bothered to read the SW thread, I will repeat it here, 5 points in green can destroy enemy charged tiles(you cannot destroy your own friendly charged tiles) to get double of the charged tiles too. A total maximum of 25 AP (1+4*2*3=25) assuming you destroy 4 charged tiles.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jojeda654 wrote:

Fix her BLUE!

icon_rolleyes.gif

her purple isn't working as advertised either, because the stun will often hit the guy that is then killed by its damage...
    And the blue always gravitates to sides or corners which makes it's effect a lot less spectacular even if it survives the countdown.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    her purple isn't working as advertised either, because the stun will often hit the guy that is then killed by its damage...
    And the blue always gravitates to sides or corners which makes it's effect a lot less spectacular even if it survives the countdown.
    All skills that deal both stun and damage always apply stun before damage. This is actually pretty useful in most instances, as it helps to stop effects that activate on damage (Hulk, Captain Marvel, etc.).

However like you say, when the stun is applied randomly, it's just an annoyance. Part of the reasons why Doc Ock is such a trash character.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Oh well it was good while it lasted. I knew someone would eventually come on here and publicize it. Might as well enjoy it for the next couple of weeks until the devs fix it. *Sigh*
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Options
    Huatimus wrote:
    Perhaps not everyone reads every post on the character discussion pages, but it's definitely not a new thing. I'm definitely a supporter of 5 points in green skill. Makes SW not just a purple AP battery, but also a slightly targeted AP battery also(Especially easy if you aim at the sides/corner/have friendly tiles like her own blue ability). And in case no one bothered to read the SW thread, I will repeat it here, 5 points in green can destroy enemy charged tiles(you cannot destroy your own friendly charged tiles) to get double of the charged tiles too. A total maximum of 25 AP (1+4*2*3=25) assuming you destroy 4 charged tiles.

I thought charged tiles were neutral. They aren't?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Fix Incoming: Scarlet Witch's Hex Bolt (07/15/15)
    by David [Hi-Fi] Moore » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:01 pm

Hi all,

There is currently a bug with Scarlet's Witch's Hex Bolt. The ability is generating double AP from tiles she destroys. This is unintended and a fix is incoming. A small patch is planned to go out around the end of day (EST) today.

Thanks!

we blame you! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Fix Incoming: Scarlet Witch's Hex Bolt (07/15/15)
    by David [Hi-Fi] Moore » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:01 pm

Hi all,

There is currently a bug with Scarlet's Witch's Hex Bolt. The ability is generating double AP from tiles she destroys. This is unintended and a fix is incoming. A small patch is planned to go out around the end of day (EST) today.

Thanks!

we blame you! icon_e_biggrin.gif

I was about to post the same quote and say: This is why we can't have nice things. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This must be a new D3 nerf land speed record. 24 hours from Phaserhawk opening mouth to nerf being implemented. I'm going to call the nerfed ability Phaserhawk Bolt from now on.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Wow, the OP was up 1 DAY and they announce a fix...

How about we all complain about SW's blue constantly burying itself in the corners for a whopping return of 2-3 purple and get them to fix that within 24 hours?

Oh wait.

DBC
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    41724.jpg
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Nothing to see here.

Well, not anymore...