2»

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:
    I'm not really sure there's a polite way for me to put this, but if you're not getting the 4* cover at 1k in PvP then you're just not ready for 4* covers.

I'm not sure there's a polite way for ME to put THIS, but tinykitty that noise.

People should be able to play the game how they want to - PVP only, PVE only, abortions for some, tiny American flags for all - and not be virtually excluded from an entire category of character simply because of that choice.

Uh, well, sure. You can play the game however you want, but you still need to play by the rules, right? The "rules" of the game currently state that a 4* cover can be earned as a reward as follows:
    • Earn 1000 points in PvP
    • Earn 1300 points in PvP
    • Rank 1st in PvP
    • Rank 1st in PvE

I did suggest that increasing the number of covers awarded in PvE could probably stand to be increased. I think increasing the final placement reward 4* to top 10 (for all PvE, not just new release 4* PvE) and adding a progression reward 4* at ~triple the 3* requirement would be sufficient. That should be about equivalent to hitting progression in PvP.

Know how I know what you said is a load of bunk? Because you've gone from "If you can't win in PVP you aren't ready for 4* characters" to "uh, well, it's the rules? Yeah, that's it, it's the rules, high-end PVPers are the only ones who are allowed to have them."
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    I'm not really sure there's a polite way for me to put this, but if you're not getting the 4* cover at 1k in PvP then you're just not ready for 4* covers.
    I'd be with you if they weren't essential in pve, but that is where ** rosters start their transition to *** and without the majority of the ****s in the game (most ** rosters have maybe 1 or 2 ****s), that avenue to ***s is made more difficult by the requirement. no they aren't ready to field a **** team in pvp, but they sure need to have every one possible in pve.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:
    I'd be with you if they weren't essential in pve, but that is where ** rosters start their transition to *** and without the majority of the ****s in the game (most ** rosters have maybe 1 or 2 ****s), that avenue to ***s is made more difficult by the requirement. no they aren't ready to field a **** team in pvp, but they sure need to have every one possible in pve.

I think the 4* requirement only comes into play when it's a PVE releasing a new character... and in that case I think it's only natural for players who already have just about every 3* covered and several useable 4*s to be at the front of the line for picking that new character up if they put in the effort.

Most of the 3-4* players don't bother with any other pve, except maybe to pick up some extra HP and ISO in subs. 2* players are still more than able to score high in those events and pick up the 3* covers they need even if they're missing the 4* essential... so I don't think that's as big a PvE requirement as you think it is.
  • Unknown
    Options
    but i believe that sooner than later we will have new pvp reward structure, where 4* will be given the same way the 3* were given at the beginning when they were rare.