Thoughts on Additional way to get 4 Star Covers

Options
geoffubazi2
geoffubazi2 Posts: 49
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So I realize a "DPD" for 4 stars would be silly.

My thought was something more along the lines of a weekly - for a 4 star cover. 1 cover per week, would still take a VERY long time to fill. You hardset the levels, much like the DPD, but set the nodes at somewhere more in the 150-200 range depending on waves, etc. etc.

Feel free to expand, or explain why this would be a poor idea if you believe that is the case. Even as a player with some 166's - getting even 1 4* Cover every few weeks or month is really difficult - It shouldn't be easy, but it really is a situation of the rich get richer, and poor stay poor - with the way PvP is organized now, as the primary source of 4*'s.

Comments

• MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    They could do a ddp event for four stars for the anniversary this year
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So I realize a "DPD" for 4 stars would be silly.

My thought was something more along the lines of a weekly - for a 4 star cover. 1 cover per week, would still take a VERY long time to fill. You hardset the levels, much like the DPD, but set the nodes at somewhere more in the 150-200 range depending on waves, etc. etc.

Feel free to expand, or explain why this would be a poor idea if you believe that is the case. Even as a player with some 166's - getting even 1 4* Cover every few weeks or month is really difficult - It shouldn't be easy, but it really is a situation of the rich get richer, and poor stay poor - with the way PvP is organized now, as the primary source of 4*'s.

Set it as a node in DDQ, locked until at least four cover fights have been successfully completed. Gives people who have a strong library of fully-covered heroes a reason to keep playing DDQ, and incentivizes transitioners to go 2->3->4 instead of trying to jump straight to 4* through DDQ.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not really sure there's a polite way for me to put this, but if you're not getting the 4* cover at 1k in PvP then you're just not ready for 4* covers.

IMO, distribution seems pretty good at the moment.
    Maybe extend the top PvE rewazrd tier to top 10 for all PvE going forward?
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Honestly, they need to do like they did with icon_antman.png and have a series of hard nodes and win the cover at the end. Those were hard as hell, but totally worth it!
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Options
    Nellyson wrote:
    Honestly, they need to do like they did with icon_antman.png and have a series of hard nodes and win the cover at the end. Those were hard as hell, but totally worth it!

Since it's a 30 day event. I could see it becoming Ant-man's Monthly Quest, comparable to Deadpool's Daily Quest.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    I'm not really sure there's a polite way for me to put this, but if you're not getting the 4* cover at 1k in PvP then you're just not ready for 4* covers.

I completely agree with this. As it stands, you can get a 4* cover every single PvP. And if you have a really good roster, then you can get 2 of them. I don't think it needs to be quicker than that.

I wouldn't be against a monthly Ant-man quest of super-hard levels to get another 4* cover. That's pretty fair too.
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    As already said before, if you cant win 1k in pvp you are not ready for 4* transition. Work on maxing your 3* rosters and 4* will came along. Maybe currently its slow process, but i believe that sooner than later we will have new pvp reward structure, where 4* will be given the same way the 3* were given at the beginning when they were rare.
  • Unknown
    Options
    ant man event for 4* covers, D3 barely has to do any work they'll love it
  • Various38
    Various38 Posts: 101
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:

In this scenario, then I'm not ready for primetime then. icon_cry.gif I need more ISO. I have a few characters ready for the 166 jump, but now I'm stuck deciding who will get the money. I came close a few times, but I just can't catch that 1000 mark.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Various38 wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:

In this scenario, then I'm not ready for primetime then. icon_cry.gif I need more ISO. I have a few characters ready for the 166 jump, but now I'm stuck deciding who will get the money. I came close a few times, but I just can't catch that 1000 mark.

Build up the best featured characters of the week as they rotate, and pvp will become a much happier place. If 166 takes too much iso aim at 140/150, you can still use them.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    really, anything more than a monthly event (antman monthly quest) would really highlight the iso imbalance in the game. ****s are so expensive to level if they flood the game with **** covers, great, now what? I've said this many times over the last week, but if they envision ****s moving towards what ***s are now (the core of the game), their iso leveling costs need to be totally revamped - completely, not just a little reduction here or there.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With the new shield sim reward setup, 1k and 1300 in PVP, increased token draw rates, and occasional events, i am ok with how 4*'s are going (but please no more 7 day PVE's for new chars).

What i need more of right now is iso.. and i mean millions.. before i can even consider a 4* transition, i have to finish my 3*!! yes, i have 5 maxed 3*'s but also have 15+ waiting on iso...

usable 4*s are only a 4/3/1 Xforce and 1/4/3 HB, possibly my 2/3/2 PX in some rare instances.. yes i would love more covers for all my 4*s (i have at least 1 of each except devil dino)

but what am i going to do with more covers if i am never able to level them due to massive iso shortages.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Various38 wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:

As long as you have covers, iso is not much of an issue for making 1k in PvP. I have been consistenly hitting 1k, with featureds at 120 or higher and weekly boosteds at 140 or higher. Those numbers mean you are running at least 210/200/200 and the iso commitment to 140 is only 58K. I have been able to do that consistently with 225hp in shields - initial run to around 900-950, followed by a double hop to 1000.

Only add iso to someone when they are featured/boosted and you will have less every week that need iso to get to 140. Once you have enough there, you can start moving your boosted higher. Try to keep an iso surplus on hand so you are prepared for whatever is boosted
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I understand you guys are firmly on boat 'beat pvp' but thats flawed.

Pvp is supposed to be optional in games. I can't think of any other game that it is required to improve and beneficial to pve leveling.

Also as 4 stars become more saturated and more people have them, that doesn't seem like the best method at all.
    Fight people with maxed out 4 stars to earn 4 stars, sounds like a pretty jaded 'I don't want people where I am issue' that tends to be the feedback from the upper players in nearly all games. Especially free to play which is odder still.

4 stars are already in the daily rewards, there is not specific time or place for them, they can be helpful to peoples rosters who don't have leveled or boosted 3 stars and have been in essential pve nodes. New players have a shot at antman, they may not have an entire roster of 4 stars but yeah, he actually can even benfit the new players going through prologue with any of his 3 skills at 1 cover. Technically its more useful to them then you.

I think it's all slammed together a bit too tight if it seems appropriate to need pvp to perform better in pve.

Example if 5 stars are introduced you can't seriously still expect people to play 2 full years to play catch up.
  • Unknown
    Options
    In a way I'm wondering when if ever they're going to put 4* rewards into PvE event progress rewards? I'm finding more and more people tend to just jump in at the end of a event in the hope of joining a new sub with little competition to get top 100/50/25

I'm noticing allience members start to get all their 3 stars and 2 star characters, they pretty much stop doing PvE events early because the progress rewards don't offer them any thing any more. Some members even view the time required to place well in PvE events is far inferior to Verses events.

So personally I'm hoping when they get a few more different 4 stars out, we start seeing them in pve progression rewards... Else unless it's a new character, PvE events are going to pretty much be dead.

Heck I literally had to beg a member to help out with the Ultron event a few weeks back because the event didn't offer him any thing. I reasoned he'll be helping out other allience members, only then did he take part... Sticking in 4 stars into PvE progress rewards will see some people renew their interest in doing the PVE events especially if it doesn't offer a new character
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In a way I'm wondering when if ever they're going to put 4* rewards into PvE event progress rewards? I'm finding more and more people tend to just jump in at the end of a event in the hope of joining a new sub with little competition to get top 100/50/25

I'm noticing allience members start to get all their 3 stars and 2 star characters, they pretty much stop doing PvE events early because the progress rewards don't offer them any thing any more. Some members even view the time required to place well in PvE events is far inferior to Verses events.

So personally I'm hoping when they get a few more different 4 stars out, we start seeing them in pve progression rewards... Else unless it's a new character, PvE events are going to pretty much be dead.

Heck I literally had to beg a member to help out with the Ultron event a few weeks back because the event didn't offer him any thing. I reasoned he'll be helping out other allience members, only then did he take part... Sticking in 4 stars into PvE progress rewards will see some people renew their interest in doing the PVE events especially if it doesn't offer a new character
    this season I switched to a t100 pvp alliance that had no pve requirements at all. between seasons I ground t20 for the thing and last pve I ground t50 to finish my torch. other than that I've completely been whatever with pve. if they insert a **** at ~double the progression of the current *** level, that would get my attention and my play again. otherwise, i'll be frequenting the bracket size thread. really if they start doing that I would really hope they would pull back on **** iso leveling costs, more so than r75 did. 240 still costs 250K.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:

I'm not sure there's a polite way for ME to put THIS, but **** that noise.

People should be able to play the game how they want to - PVP only, PVE only, abortions for some, tiny American flags for all - and not be virtually excluded from an entire category of character simply because of that choice.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

good luck with that cause last 10 times at least Slice 2 never got a 3rd bracket
  • Unknown
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:

I'm not sure there's a polite way for ME to put THIS, but tinykitty that noise.

People should be able to play the game how they want to - PVP only, PVE only, abortions for some, tiny American flags for all - and not be virtually excluded from an entire category of character simply because of that choice.
    True, but D3 is driving.

Have to put on your seatbelt and pray to your deity icon_lol.gif
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:

I'm not sure there's a polite way for ME to put THIS, but tinykitty that noise.

Uh, well, sure. You can play the game however you want, but you still need to play by the rules, right? The "rules" of the game currently state that a 4* cover can be earned as a reward as follows:
    • Earn 1000 points in PvP
    • Earn 1300 points in PvP
    • Rank 1st in PvP
    • Rank 1st in PvE

I did suggest that increasing the number of covers awarded in PvE could probably stand to be increased. I think increasing the final placement reward 4* to top 10 (for all PvE, not just new release 4* PvE) and adding a progression reward 4* at ~triple the 3* requirement would be sufficient. That should be about equivalent to hitting progression in PvP.