They fixed the game!

Options
2»

Comments

• You guys need to relax. If they had a fix for a bug ready in the pipeline to be released, would you really prefer that they save it for the next major patch? Do you really think that they said "Oh even though the game has a lot of issues, dev A go work on fixing this minor bug"? What probably happened was that while the higher ups are figuring out what to do with everything, a dev with nothing to do fixed this minor bug, which is perfectly fine.

The idea that one of their developers is sat there with nothing to do at this point in time is terrifying.
  • You guys need to relax. If they had a fix for a bug ready in the pipeline to be released, would you really prefer that they save it for the next major patch? Do you really think that they said "Oh even though the game has a lot of issues, dev A go work on fixing this minor bug"? What probably happened was that while the higher ups are figuring out what to do with everything, a dev with nothing to do fixed this minor bug, which is perfectly fine.
    There's not much for them to figure out. Just undo all patches from the announcement of the thorverine nerf forwards except for the elimination of the three tries, and many of the complaints would go away (i may have over generalized, but I don't really remember EVERYTHING they did, just the major stuff). Then they can start working on fixing pve rubberbanding and the pvp matchups.
  • Clint wrote:
    This would be like going to the Doctor with a sucking chest wound, only to wake up to the doctor patting your arm telling you, "You had a nasty splinter in your thumb, you might not have noticed, but I took care of that for you.... *wink* No need to thank me, just doin my job"

Reminds me of a Sliders episode. Quinn Mallory goes to a healer/doctor with a gunshot wound. The dude fixes his headache instead.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    abuelo wrote:
    You guys need to relax. If they had a fix for a bug ready in the pipeline to be released, would you really prefer that they save it for the next major patch? Do you really think that they said "Oh even though the game has a lot of issues, dev A go work on fixing this minor bug"? What probably happened was that while the higher ups are figuring out what to do with everything, a dev with nothing to do fixed this minor bug, which is perfectly fine.

The idea that one of their developers is sat there with nothing to do at this point in time is terrifying.

It's not like the developers can instantly work on a fix for the issues that we're complaining about. The higher-ups decide that, and they are probably having meetings right now discussing that. In the meanwhile, that particular dev was probably working on a backlogged bug, so I don't see an issue with that.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    Typhon13 wrote:
    You guys need to relax. If they had a fix for a bug ready in the pipeline to be released, would you really prefer that they save it for the next major patch? Do you really think that they said "Oh even though the game has a lot of issues, dev A go work on fixing this minor bug"? What probably happened was that while the higher ups are figuring out what to do with everything, a dev with nothing to do fixed this minor bug, which is perfectly fine.
    There's not much for them to figure out. Just undo all patches from the announcement of the thorverine nerf forwards except for the elimination of the three tries, and many of the complaints would go away (i may have over generalized, but I don't really remember EVERYTHING they did, just the major stuff). Then they can start working on fixing pve rubberbanding and the pvp matchups.

Fixing these issues isn't as easy as rolling back 3 patches. There is definitely a lot more thought that needs to be put into it than that.

No we would prefer they address the overwhelming amount of complaints they are getting and the fact people feel they have been cheated out of money.
  • I wasn't expecting a patch today, but some forum posts would be nice.
  • At this point no one on this thread should be defending the devs at all. They don't deserve it.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options

No we would prefer they address the overwhelming amount of complaints they are getting and the fact people feel they have been cheated out of money.

Of course we would prefer that. I'm just saying that complaining about releasing a bugfix doesn't make sense to me: would you rather that they keep the game buggy and not release a fix that is ready to be released?
  • Personally I don't have much to complain, I understand why most of this was done.
    Devs' approach is narrowed from a perspective of "game masters", and "businessman", but their vision as PLAYERS is poor to be kind. They really should plot less, play more, and they will figure much by temselves. Every chioce they make is much "for the game" and much less "for the players". Little they know that the game will not play by itself. Nor it will pay them for the hard work.

This is exactly why we have:
    poorly timed balance to characters
    growing roster and artificial iso drought
    awful value for in game purchases
    fixes to pvp that makes it more sensed power wise - and completely unfun
    growing pay-to-win issues

The broken pve was mainly because they wanted to show off with complicated diffuculty auto-adjustments, and failed miserably. Understandable.
    And did nothing to fix it fast, without even apologizing. Inexcusable.

It is too bad that common sense is not for sale, it would fix a lot here.

Of course we would prefer that. I'm just saying that complaining about releasing a bugfix doesn't make sense to me: would you rather that they keep the game buggy and not release a fix that is ready to be released?

Yes I could careless about Daredevil fix the other **** first.
  • I think patching the level system is unrealistic, but something - the easiest, in all likelihood, would be rolling back the progression awards to "attainable" - would be nice. Or at least some acknowledgement of the situation.

You're right, of course, but fixing a minor bug when there's still been no acknowledgement of the major ones doesn't sit well with an angry community. It's like Dr Frankenstien emerging from his castle to tell the assembled mob of villagers "Guys, I trimmed the hedges and cut the grass, ok? So just relax."

You're right, of course, but fixing a minor bug when there's still been no acknowledgement of the major ones doesn't sit well with an angry community. It's like Dr Frankenstien emerging from his castle to tell the assembled mob of villagers "Guys, I trimmed the hedges and cut the grass, ok? So just relax."

lol so on point.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Il Palazzo wrote:
    It is too bad that common sense is not for sale, it would fix a lot here.

common-sense-superpower.jpg
    Had to be done...
  • I'm not sure what annoys me more. The fact that nothing has been said/fixed by the devs or that I got excited when I saw this threads title. icon_mad.gif
  • To be fair, if ice or someone is actually reading every comment like they said then there is a lot of venom needing to be shifted through. Heck, probably had to go out and buy popcorn to get through it all lol. Though its Monday I wouldbt have expected much of a response till Tuesday anyway. Now, if Tuesday rolls around and nothing then I'd get a bit worried they turned on thier customer service filter and threw on some blinders to ignor the issue with this event without even commenting.

I mean..at this point its in thier best interest prob to work on other stuff and let this event rot. While they really do need to say SOMETHING with all the vitriol out there ... What can they say? If they need to just let this event die what can they possibly say beyond "we messed up?". What if they don't feel like they really did? That to me is the issue... even an.apology or something is useless if they don't believe there is a problem here.

Now, I do know there is a LOT of overreacting going around right now but the lack of press on the matters that are clearly affecting ppl is prett odd. So many different possible.fixes too. Give more info and more customer service. Give more info and earlier. While they said they were changing thor/wolvie there should have been info on the changes a little beforehand and nog just the fact there would BE changes as well as maybe a push to go to this forum to see them for more info. The sell ISO invested cover system is a joke and makes nerfing things a problem. Half ISO and chump hp if you bought your covers is just that. I understand why you can't give massive amounts of hp back but the ISO should at least be 1:1 on nerfs...especially if thier other changes are constant attempts.to nerf ISO gains (change to mmr sticking you in groups of 5 similar skilled teams, ISO skip, increased boost costs, etc). I understand the dynamic enemy lvl attempt (low lvls would have too hard of a time doing well so they quit before starting before...but now it runs a player retention issue due to hitting a brick wall where you learn you should have just not used ISO to level your guys up or something) , but they should have hard set it to low lvls or something uniform for everyone before leaving for thebweekend probably or said they woukdvhave changes after the weekend. Many others.

Respite till tomorrow, and I called thr event dead in the water a few days ago...there was little chance for a change. Best we could hope for would be tomorrow, based on current scores, they set the progress values to different point values based on the % they were hoping would reach each tier.
  • "An opponent's Daredevil".... Hah nice one icon_e_smile.gif So they've fixed a problem well yeah it's a nice change of pace. Fix something here & there OR FIX THE F***NG MAJOR PROBLEMS!!!!!
  • Kiamodo wrote:
    Hey devs I got a bug. When I play the game now it isn't fun.

I just died of laughter. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unity wrote:
    Kiamodo wrote:
    Hey devs I got a bug. When I play the game now it isn't fun.

I just died of laughter. icon_e_biggrin.gif

rofl I missed that one that is funny